United Kingdom threatens to storm Ecuador embassy in order to arrest Julian Assange - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-21-2012, 02:02 PM   #61
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: United Kingdom threatens to storm Ecuador embassy in order to arrest Julian Assan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry Verdasco View Post
Also hilarious how GB tried to be tough and say they'd storm the embassy to get him out
Except that it didn't. Ecuadoran propaganda seems to work very effectively on you.
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #62
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: United Kingdom threatens to storm Ecuador embassy in order to arrest Julian Assan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_clay View Post
ironically, south america is now leading the cause for human rights...
South America is not leading the cause for human rights. Surely even the most naive person must realise that Ecuador's only interest in Assange is to embarrass the US and at the same time deflect attention from the gross violations of human rights by Ecuador and its South American cronies, Bolivia and Venezuela.

It is preposterous to state that South America is leading the cause for human rights.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:27 PM   #63
country flag GOAT = Fed
Banned!

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Except that it didn't. Ecuadoran propaganda seems to work very effectively on you.
I think we all know the UK didn't.He's only pointing put how ridiculous the UK looked by making such threats.

loling at all the Ameritards and swedetards.
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:25 PM   #64
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
That is exactly my point. Do you realize how much international "bad will" Sweden got for that blown up egypt case? But victims have been compensated and I don't really see the relevance of that story to this case. Sweden has thousands of war refugees, political outcasts for protection yearly. It's a bit hypocritical to blame one of the most dedicated countries in Europe at taking care of this type of refugees to also run sinister subplots.

Of course Sweden also has many criminals coming here for protection. Then we have certain agreements just like UK and US and Sweden can't break other agreements and give "special treatment" and that is what i refered to. Assange should be treated like any other citizen would. Why should countries bend for one man? Assange isn't above international law.

Sweden has taken care of many high profile people even sentenced to death in their home countries and kept them safe. Some of you make it sounds like Sweden is planning to just hand Asssange over to US....and that US is so evil they'd torture him or something. Let's keep the discussion on planet earth and not in a fictional universe created by ideology.

Think about this:

IF Assange is innocent and IF Sweden also just plans to hand him to US why doesn't he just turn himself in? He would become a true martyr then and show everyone he had right all along!

I can tell you why: He knows he's bullshitting and that if he turns himself over his bluff is called.
In your previous post you essentially implied that Sweden is beyond reproach and that there isn't even a modicum of possibility that it might extradite Assange to the US (where a Grand Jury indictment allegedly awaits him). The purpose of my post was, basically, to point out how preposterous your nationalistic take on the situation was. No country is perfect. Even the most liberal Western/European countries have made grave mistakes that violated human rights treaties and conventions. You even went as far as to GUARANTEE that Assange would get a fair trial in Sweden...but excuse me if some members of the rest of the world don't have as much faith in your legal system/government as you do.

I'm not supporting or not supporting Assange, and I haven't formed a view yet on how much Sweden's wanting him has to do with his involvement in WikiLeaks, if at all. All I'm saying is that there is some factual basis for his supporters and for Assange himself to fear extradition to the US once he steps foot in Sweden. From the articles that I briefly scanned through this morning, it seems like Sweden has quite a cosy relationship with the US, just like the UK. You claim that Sweden wouldn't bend over to do the US' bidding, but that's something that you, and no one, can guarantee - except the Swedish government. And it has not yet agreed to do so.

On another note, the New Statesman has an interesting article on this issue: http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/da...ge-extradition
Old 08-21-2012, 04:55 PM   #65
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post
I think we all know the UK didn't.He's only pointing put how ridiculous the UK looked by making such threats.

Thanks gurl

NADAL - MATOSEVIC - BORG
TURSUNOV - BOLELLI - BROWN - NALBANDIAN - WAWRINKA

HINGIS - KOURNIKOVA - DOKIC
DEMENTIEVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - MYSKINA - DAVENPORT - RUBIN
SCHNYDER - HANTUCHOVA - SCHETT - MAURESMO - CLIJSTERS
RADWANSKA - BENCIC - BARTHEL - KVITOVA - JANKOVIC

Dmitry Verdasco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #66
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody seems to realize how much of a disgrace the European Arrest Warrant is. The EU as a whole, actually. (See the 1984esque Indect project!)

I mean the Swedish justice wants a guy, the brave Brits will do the job for them. So if the Estonian authorities want somebody living in Belgium, our police will have to arrest him and hand him over to the Estonian? As if they didn't have anything else to do. It's a bit like the Vichy French police handing Jews over to the Germans, on their own initiative.

And soon, a guy wanted by the Trinidadian justice will be arrested by the Maltese police, or whatever?

Europe's greatness lies in its DIVISION and not its unity, right. When Descartes was persona non grata, he could always escape to the Netherlands. James II could flee to France, etc. In the 18th century many bandits could escape to the Americas, with the help of abbot's who had the Right of Asylum and organized their journeys at their own expenses.. Lands of Freedoms. Peoples of Europe in the 18th century can be seen as anarchists compared to present-day Euros ..
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:49 PM   #67
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post

I said it did not threaten to storm the Ecuadoran Embassy.

loling at all the naive idiots applauding Correa's human rights record.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #68
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
I mean the Swedish justice wants a guy, the brave Brits will do the job for them. .
That is what you call a treaty.

Why don't you see the ridiculousness of Ecuador doing the job for a wanted man who happens to be anti-US?

What if Ecuador offered asylum to Breivik and demanded that Norway give him safe passage? Would everyone be praising Ecuador's stand on human rights? It's the same thing.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:17 PM   #69
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Ecuador's track record when it comes to human rights is comparable to that of North Correa.
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:17 PM   #70
country flag Orka_n
Banned!

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
In your previous post you essentially implied that Sweden is beyond reproach and that there isn't even a modicum of possibility that it might extradite Assange to the US (where a Grand Jury indictment allegedly awaits him). The purpose of my post was, basically, to point out how preposterous your nationalistic take on the situation was. No country is perfect. Even the most liberal Western/European countries have made grave mistakes that violated human rights treaties and conventions. You even went as far as to GUARANTEE that Assange would get a fair trial in Sweden...but excuse me if some members of the rest of the world don't have as much faith in your legal system/government as you do.
Huh? There no point in this discussion trip. Sweden is not perfect of course but the whole world is watching here, chances are very big that Assange would have a fair trial. The legal system in Sweden makes mistakes sometimes because that is inevitable, but like MaxPower said, it is not corrupt.

And as for Sweden not making a deal with Assange by promising not to extradite him, that's simple. He is the culprit here and he will never tell our government what to do.

It'll be interesting to see how the situation develops.
Orka_n is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:00 PM   #71
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

arrest this bastard already coz im getting tired of hearing about him

hope the yanks get hands on him
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:03 AM   #72
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That is what you call a treaty.

Why don't you see the ridiculousness of Ecuador doing the job for a wanted man who happens to be anti-US?

What if Ecuador offered asylum to Breivik and demanded that Norway give him safe passage? Would everyone be praising Ecuador's stand on human rights? It's the same thing.
Breivik is a serial murderer so of COURSE not.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:23 AM   #73
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Breivik is a serial murderer so of COURSE not.
Assange's Wikileak's may have led to the deaths of many people.

But that aside, if everyone was to give asylum to people they wanted to, even though they are not remotely involved, international relaitons would break down completely. That would not worry a banana republic like Ecuador, of course.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:22 AM   #74
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_Vercetti View Post
Yeah. Human rights, that's what this is about. Because Ecuador's decision has nothing to do with the fact that it's leader is a Marxist demagogue that hates the United States. And also oppresses any dissent against him. Like the others who would support Assange. North Korea, Iran, Venezuela, Syria or Cuba among a few others would have offered him asylum too. All allies of this President of Ecuador.

Tells you everything you need to know about the hypocrisy of Assange and his idiotic supporters.
Ladies and Gentlemen, CNN's Nightly News proudly brought to you by JP Morgan
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:25 AM   #75
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
South America is not leading the cause for human rights. Surely even the most naive person must realise that Ecuador's only interest in Assange is to embarrass the US and at the same time deflect attention from the gross violations of human rights by Ecuador and its South American cronies, Bolivia and Venezuela.

It is preposterous to state that South America is leading the cause for human rights.
no one is arguing what you write brah. It is merely a reflection of how low the west has stooped. No countries actually gained brownie points here. Just a lost a few after a handful of regime changes in order to preserve the status quo of the petrodollar.
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote