United Kingdom threatens to storm Ecuador embassy in order to arrest Julian Assange - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #31
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: United Kingdom threatens to storm Ecuador embassy in order to arrest Julian Assan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
I honestly advise you to go to your doctor and tell him about this worrying obsession with puns you have.
My doctor is from northwest India. He told me he could give me a shot that would cure my problem. Then he gave me a pun jab.
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2012, 05:47 AM   #32
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: United Kingdom threatens to storm Ecuador embassy in order to arrest Julian Assan

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
More a case of Ecuador behaving like a banana republic.
Ecuador IS a banana republic, just slightly better than Bolivia.

And I live like next door to the country so trust me, I've been there quite a bit lately and I know how much of a clown Correa is.

Now, Assange is just trying to avoid the justice, I don't know about the motivations behind the case but if he was innocent he wouldn't go to all this trouble to escape the law, conspiracy theories out of the question.

UK should never try to go to another country's embassy 'cuz it would be a violation of sovereignity but Ecuador shouldn't have given the guy asylum in the first place, this isn't a political case (legally speaking) but common law.

The fun part is that Correa is bitching about something he did himself when the "El Comercio" director requested asylum in the Panama embassy in Quito, guy was nearly crazy about that and now he's saying the opposite

And the plot thickens 'cuz Anonymous is tweeting a link to encripted info, the password will be given if Assange is captured, Lord knows what's in there

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #33
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Ecuador is allied with Cuba, Venezuela, Iran, Syria etc. And some naive people still like to convince themselves that this is about human rights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nonsense, it is all a propaganda stunt by a president looking to deflect attention from his own miserable record.

But some useful idiots would be willing to praise the North Korean human rights record if it might be seen as an anti-American stance.

However, interest in this thread seems to have flagged as the useful idiots seem to have realised there won't be any embassy storming in the near future.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:28 PM   #34
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
More a case of Ecuador behaving like a banana republic.
I laughed quite a bit at that.

A warrant is out for this guy's arrest, so he needs to be arrested. I say Britain just goes in there, arrests him and fucking sends him to prison. It's not as if Ecuador can do anything about it

Seems messy anyway, we'll see what happens.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 17 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $32,861,357 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 474-148...
TITLES: 30 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:52 PM   #35
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
I laughed quite a bit at that.

A warrant is out for this guy's arrest, so he needs to be arrested. I say Britain just goes in there, arrests him and fucking sends him to prison. It's not as if Ecuador can do anything about it

Seems messy anyway, we'll see what happens.
They are not likely do do that, given the likelihood of every crackpot nation around the world having an excuse to over-run the British embassy.

Since Assange broke his bond, or whatever it is called, in Britain, I wonder does that mean he can now be sentenced in Britain on that charge before being extradited to Sweden.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:09 PM   #36
country flag Sofonda Cox
Banned!

Sofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They are not likely do do that, given the likelihood of every crackpot nation around the world having an excuse to over-run the British embassy.
Pretty much. Argentina probably have troops on stand-by.
Sofonda Cox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #37
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

So he praises the Ecuador government and then says the US government must stop repression of the press. What an idiot.

So much in love with his self importance that he reads a list of demands to the US. What an idiot.

Then he finishes with calling for justice for the Muslim tweeter and Pussy Riot. Very relevant. What an idiot.

Nice haircut, though.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #38
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Since Assange broke his bond, or whatever it is called, in Britain, I wonder does that mean he can now be sentenced in Britain on that charge before being extradited to Sweden.
That's too bad then.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 17 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $32,861,357 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 474-148...
TITLES: 30 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:00 PM   #39
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Did he say anything about the Belarussian blogger who is in jail in Ecuador waiting to be extradited to Belarus accused of criticising dictator Lukashenko's regime?
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:41 PM   #40
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

No, just Pussy Riot, although he was too modest to mention them by name.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #41
country flag Tommy_Vercetti

Tommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond repute

I just wish this pathetic cretin would say out of the news.

People that support him are saying that anyone who released the names of the French or Dutch resistance members was a hero. His actions only supported backward, theocratic terrorist groups. That's it. No one else benefited in the least. Except maybe political agitators having more to twist and scream about.

I just love the irony of all this praise for that oppressive Marxist demagogue Rafael Correa. This is one of those cases where I believe that if we are accused of doing things than we should enjoy the benefits of doing them. Like field executions and torturing insurgents.

Correa is just one on a long list of leaders that the CIA SHOULD have killed. Instead of all this ridiculous bs about CIA backed coups and what not. And saying a person has CIA ties if they interviewed a Cuban anti-communist group. Which is what they say about one of Assange's sex crimes accuser. She's got CIA ties because she interviewed some Cuban.

Last edited by Tommy_Vercetti : 08-19-2012 at 07:36 PM.
Tommy_Vercetti is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:53 PM   #42
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Why is he so afraid and making up all these BS conspiracies? It's not like the legal system in Sweden wouldn't give him a fair trial. In fact Sweden might have one of the least corrupt systems in the world.

It's not like we are talking him escaping some judical miscarriage in North Korea. It's SWEDEN! ffs.

It's honestly pathetic to watch him delay and do everything he can to avoid even the trial. That's not how an "innocent" man acts.

Storm the embassy! I want to watch him squirm in a swedish court instead. It's gonna be grade A entertainment.
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:56 PM   #43
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post

It's honestly pathetic to watch him squirm and do everything he can to avoid even the trial. That's not how an "innocent" man acts.
Just looking at him gives me the opinion that he considers himself above worldly things and can do no wrong, like Michael Jackson. So nobody is worthy enough to arrest him.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:21 PM   #44
country flag Tommy_Vercetti

Tommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond repute

Have you heard his mother?

What an anti-American witch. She blames the US for everything. Like we are behind every move that the UK and Sweden make. Like Obama's people care anything about Assange. She actually calls the US a rogue state and says Ecuador has a human rights record that is better than the West.

People wonder where these leftists learn their nonsense.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:36 AM   #45
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Also read here that some find it strange that Sweden didn't agree to some special terms for Assange. Why should Sweden do that? Ass-ange isn't above the law.

If it was John Smith from UK I'm sure he'd be handed over within weeks. If it was a muslim immigrant in UK that had been in Sweden doing severe crimes a special forces them would've handed him over within days.

Assange has been allowed to bullshit justice for like 2 years now. What about the victims? what about the prosecutors? They are waiting.

This is a real disgusting story if you think about it. I'm not saying Assange is guilty but WHAT IF. They way this incident has been handled is shameful. Most blame should probably be put on UK. They should have acted earlier. Should have handed him over within months at least and if he refused hand him over in handcuffs. Sweden has a strong international reputation to safeguard and wouldn't troll the entire world and ship him to US or something. It's insulting to even claim something like that. He would have gotten a fair trial in Sweden. guaranteed.

My own theory about Assange actions is that the whole incident and what actually happened just is really really embarrassing for him (might even be some quite kinky and perverted details) so he just want to avoid a trial and even meeting those women again in the courtroom. It's understandable. He's a public person with lots at stake and even dirty details during the trial itself could torpedo his reputation even if he avoids prison sentence.
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote