Davis Cup - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-27-2004, 03:05 PM   #1
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Davis Cup

Hi guys!
I was reading Olé and they mentioned that the possible candidates to face Argentina in the first round are:
Romania, Chile, Czech Republic, Sweden or Belarus (in Argentina).
Away: Croatia, Slovaquia
Tie: Austria and Holland
I'm really hoping we get to play Belarus in the first round
jazz_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2004, 03:17 PM   #2
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup

de la Peña:
"Sincerely, if there's something I wouldn't like is to play Argentina in the first match. Chile is a very competitive group, the best on clay and we would go there to win"
"And to leave Argentina there, in the first round, and fighting to stay there, I wouldn't like. Besides, I don't think they can count on (Guillermo) Coria, who would be coming back from injury, and I don't know if (David) Nalbandian would be in conditions to play. I think we would win them there".
"Sinceramente, si hay algo que no me gustaría es jugar en Argentina el primer partido. Chile es un equipo muy competitivo, de los mejores del mundo sobre arcilla y me parece que les iríamos a ganar".

"Y dejarla ahí a Argentina, en la primera ronda y peleando por no bajar, no me gustaría. Además, no creo que puedan contar con (Guillermo) Coria, quien vendría volviendo de su lesión, y no sé si (David) Nalbandian estaría también en condiciones. Yo creo que allá les ganamos".
Old 09-27-2004, 03:43 PM   #3
country flag bovenbuuf

bovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond repute

ok wel thanks jazz.. it would be nice to see a good match, think they have good changes to a lot of teams, personaly wouldn't see Chili or Sweden in the first round, a little bit hard to start with

and yes Holland not in the first round is excelent.. than we still have a change to reach the second round and stay in the World group
bovenbuuf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 03:47 PM   #4
country flag bovenbuuf

bovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz_girl
de la Peña:
"Sincerely, if there's something I wouldn't like is to play Argentina in the first match. Chile is a very competitive group, the best on clay and we would go there to win"

"And to leave Argentina there, in the first round, and fighting to stay there, I wouldn't like. Besides, I don't think they can count on (Guillermo) Coria, who would be coming back from injury, and I don't know if (David) Nalbandian would be in conditions to play. I think we would win them there".
well in this case I wouldn't have Chile in the first round.... they are a great team, certainly on clay.. a point in favour of Argentina is that it will be in Argentina..
but wel he is not really nice with saying Argentina has just 2 players, Coria and Nalbandian.. think its not fair to leave out Gaudio who won RG..
but well it will be tricky..
Old 09-27-2004, 03:51 PM   #5
country flag jazz_girl

I know!
I mean, the match would be played in Argentina and he's already saying that we won't count on David and Guillermo...I don't think it's nice. Anyway, let's hope we don't face in the first round, or in any round to avoid problems...I'm sure it won't be nice
Old 09-27-2004, 04:07 PM   #6
country flag bovenbuuf

No it will be hard to start with.... when will be the draw for next year ?
Old 09-27-2004, 04:10 PM   #7
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

They will probably wait until the week of the DC finals to announce that.
Old 09-27-2004, 04:11 PM   #8
country flag jazz_girl

I think I read a few months ago that it will be out in October, but I'm not 100% sure about it...
Old 09-27-2004, 04:15 PM   #9
country flag bovenbuuf

well guess its a nice time October.. the final will be in December so that is to late to do it after that, and besides the final doesn't have anything to do with the new draw..think US will be on top and Spain on the bottum of the draw...

and they also did this weekend the play offs anyway..
Old 09-27-2004, 04:16 PM   #10
country flag bovenbuuf

2005 Davis Cup Draw
The draw for the 2005 Davis Cup by BNP Paribas will take place at the BNP Paribas offices in Madrid at 1200 hours local time (1000 hours GMT) on Thursday 30 September. Full details will appear on daviscup.com.
Old 09-27-2004, 04:24 PM   #11
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, so there you have it. Check back on Thurs.
Old 09-27-2004, 04:25 PM   #12
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

I think that Spain will get the top seed, seeing that they have home-court advantage and are the defending finalists in the DC.
Old 09-27-2004, 05:11 PM   #13
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

I am personally dreading a 1st round against Chile but I just keep on getting this feeling that this is what is going to happen Yes, the draw is on Thursday so we'll have to wait til then - and I must say I'm one of these people who thinks it's really bad that the Cup holders don't get a bye in the 1st round. I don't care who it is and I don't know what anyone else here thinks- but effectively it means a team can work hard all year to win the trophy in December, and then by knocked out again 2 months after. Seems wrong somehow.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 07:07 PM   #14
country flag bovenbuuf

yeah I agree Rosie sometimes its a little bit unfair.. like now with Australia they won it and the next year they were gone very very fast... but well its the system, they won't change it that fast
Old 09-27-2004, 08:34 PM   #15
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

I have a feeling that the Argies will get the Swedes. That's just my humble opinion.