Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Their rivalry) - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2012 year-end H2H?

Djokovic will take the lead 31 50.82%
Federer will claim his trophy 25 40.98%
They will end in a draw, for the first time 1 1.64%
I don't know. But this should be an official ATP award, it's amazing. 4 6.56%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2012, 06:33 AM   #106
country flag Federer&Hingis

Federer&Hingis has a reputation beyond reputeFederer&Hingis has a reputation beyond reputeFederer&Hingis has a reputation beyond reputeFederer&Hingis has a reputation beyond reputeFederer&Hingis has a reputation beyond reputeFederer&Hingis has a reputation beyond reputeFederer&Hingis has a reputation beyond reputeFederer&Hingis has a reputation beyond reputeFederer&Hingis has a reputation beyond reputeFederer&Hingis has a reputation beyond reputeFederer&Hingis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer 2012 > Djokovic 2012?

Rotterdam + Dubai + Indian Wells + Madrid + Wimbledon > Australian Open + Miami

That's it.

Eugenie Bouchard Belinda Bencic Milos Raonic Stan Wawrinka Kei Nishikori

Del Potro - Haase - Goffin - Darcis - Rosol - Dimitrov - Pospisil - Chiudinelli - Dolgopolov - Kyrgios
Schalken - Edberg - Hingis - Bartoli - Tanasugarn - Coetzer - Santoro - Rosset

Support Marriage Equality
Federer&Hingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2012, 06:36 AM   #107
country flag compileandrun

compileandrun has a reputation beyond reputecompileandrun has a reputation beyond reputecompileandrun has a reputation beyond reputecompileandrun has a reputation beyond reputecompileandrun has a reputation beyond reputecompileandrun has a reputation beyond reputecompileandrun has a reputation beyond reputecompileandrun has a reputation beyond reputecompileandrun has a reputation beyond reputecompileandrun has a reputation beyond reputecompileandrun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechlan View Post
Not sure why there's so much discussion. The answer to the question is here.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/YTD-Singles.aspx
Yea the stats are there but the timing is wrong. It's better to check at the end of the year. I think Federer has more points to defend, but I presume he will be number 1 till the end of the year.

Federer won Paris, Basel, Year End championships.

Djokovic and Nadal sucked in all of them or didn't attend them. The only tournament they collected more points than Federer was USO.
compileandrun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:48 AM   #108
country flag henke007

henke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federer&Hingis View Post
Rotterdam + Dubai + Indian Wells + Madrid + Wimbledon > Australian Open + Miami

That's it.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:57 AM   #109
country flag incognito

incognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
This is the big question guys. In 2011 Djokovic had a stellar year. No one can deny that. But lets face it, Roger was still in his 2010-2011 slump. Since the USO last year he has been a different player altogether. No one can deny that either. So now the question remains: Is Federer at 30 years of age better than Djokovic in his prime?

Let it rip guys. It's all yours.
First of all, you need to face up to the fact that Djokovic dominating in 2011 had nothing to do with Federer being in a "slump". Federer's level of play during 2011 was above what he displayed during most of 2010 and even 2012 prior to Wimbledon, despite these titles that he won. The big difference was of course that Federer was stopped from winning a GS in 2011 by Djokovic, but that doesn't automatically lead to the conclusion that he was in a slump.

As for 2012, things are pretty even when you count only the big tournaments, so it will have to be decided at the USO. For now, Djokovic still holds 2 of 4 GS titles and is a finalist at a third GS. As for Federer's titles, what would Djokovic's winning % and title count in 2012 have been had he played his home tournament and maybe a couple of more smaller tournaments? I'd take that one additional GS match win that Djokovic has over all those small tournaments because at their level of GS consistency, one more GS match win is the difference between a final and a semi-final, or even between a GS title and a final...

Last edited by incognito : 07-30-2012 at 07:05 AM.
incognito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #110
country flag RForever
Banned!

RForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by incognito View Post
First of all, you need to face up to the fact that Djokovic dominating in 2011 had nothing to do with Federer being in a "slump". Federer's level of play during 2011 was above what he displayed during most of 2010 and even 2012 prior to Wimbledon, despite these titles that he won. The big difference was of course that Federer was stopped from winning a GS in 2011 by Djokovic, but that doesn't automatically lead to the conclusion that he was in a slump.

As for 2012, things are pretty even when you count only the big tournaments, so it will have to be decided at the USO. For now, Djokovic still holds 2 of 4 GS titles and is a finalist at a third GS. As for Federer's titles, what would Djokovic's winning % and title count in 2012 have been had he played his home tournament and maybe a couple of more smaller tournaments? I'd take that one additional GS match win that Djokovic has over all those small tournaments because at their level of GS consistency, one more GS match win is the difference between a final and a semi-final, or even between a GS title and a final...
Well, Federer is much better in 2012 when I decide to count only Wimbledon.
RForever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:24 AM   #111
country flag bounccer

bounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond repute

Federer is way too old to win the FO without a shitload of luck, why would he die on the court to beat Djokovic, considering he had a very small chance to win anyway (slower court, heavy balls unlike in 2011), and even if by some miracle he managed to win, he would be slaughtered by Nadal in the final? He has to take care of himself now and he shouldn't risk his health for a tournament too slow for him and where the victory is not on his hands.

This years, he had a chance for Wimbly / OG / USO and WTF, AO was very unlikely and FO almost impossible anyway.
bounccer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:15 AM   #112
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

Lol Fedtards, lets wait for end of the year and stop gloating over 75 points lead, which Olderer will lose after olimpics.

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:20 AM   #113
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliSter View Post
Lol Fedtards, lets wait for end of the year and stop gloating over 75 points lead, which Olderer will lose after olimpics.
TBH the fact that he took #1 back at his age and after his peak is impressive enough, whomever takes the most points from here to WTF will end up YE #1, let the better man do it, I don't have a problem with that, won't make excuses if Roger doesn't make it but if he does, I don't want to hear excuses from Noletards either.

Points are points. Rankings don't lie. Period.

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:03 PM   #114
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliSter View Post
We're talking about 2012....
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/YTD-Singles.aspx

Roger is 245 points ahead which is little. In fact, all top 3 are very close to each other concerning 2012 results.

So far in 2012 Roger > Djokovic. Of course when 2012 comes to an end we'll know but I think the US Open and WTF will play a vital role as they're worth 2000 and 1500 points respectively.
duarte_a is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:28 PM   #115
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute

You cant live in the past and say Djokovic still is as good as he was in 2011, neither can you claim that 75 pts differense ends discussion about who is the greatest player in the world.

What I would say is that it will be decided in Usopen and that the contest is between Federer and Djokovic, there is no great differense between them this year.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:11 PM   #116
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcastle View Post
Exactly, this. Djokovic fans acting like Djokovic is just SO much better at slams as if his results are so miles ahead against Federer when it's only a one match differential (and no difference in GS title count)

Too bad (for the Fedfans) that this one GS match was the RG semi between them.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #117
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Roger >>> Djokovic. Always has been that way, always will be that way.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 6 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 15 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $31,530,210 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 453-141...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #118
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
Roger >>> Djokovic. Always has been that way, always will be that way.
saved for 2011... an anomaly.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:23 PM   #119
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Yup, forget the semi he lost to that mug Nadal.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #120
country flag rickcastle

rickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
It could also have been the semifinal between Federer and Nadal Anyway, it's one match and it wasn't even a final. If Djokovic had been able to beat Nadal at RG then we might be on to something but as it is - one GS match won differential and both person having one grandslam title each and them having a 1-1 H2H this year in slams doesn't exactly scream "SUCH A BIG GAP IN SLAM PERFORMANCE!11!!1"

Don't know why it's even a question if we're only talking about 2012. If we look at the past 12 months, Djokovic has a case because of the USO. But 2012 YTD, Federer is having the better year so far. Of course it can still change but right now, Federer edges it out.
rickcastle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote