Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Their rivalry) - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2012 year-end H2H?

Djokovic will take the lead 31 50.82%
Federer will claim his trophy 25 40.98%
They will end in a draw, for the first time 1 1.64%
I don't know. But this should be an official ATP award, it's amazing. 4 6.56%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2012, 01:08 AM   #91
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer 2012 > Djokovic 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
Settle down Maddie. I'm not your chat buddy on here. Roger has more money than any tennis player in history and as far as ranking points go the last time I checked he was #1 in the world. Now beat it.

Barely. He would be happy to have a bigger lead over Djoker and you know it.
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2012, 01:13 AM   #92
country flag Andy1402

Andy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As far as my comment goes I didn't mean he consciously tanked that match. It was more a sub-conscious thing. Think about it. You have lost 4 times to one guy in a slam final. You have tried everything and you just couldn't beat him. You're not gonna be overly disappointed if you don't face the guy in the final again.
I don't think you are glory hunting but nor do i agree with you. Federer, for all his losses to nadal, has never shied away from thar encounter because he knows that there is always a chance to win.
But federer was just out of form in RG and i was actually surprised that he made it to the semis. He deserved to lose and i doubt even hard core fans would disagree.
Andy1402 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:17 AM   #93
country flag Andy1402

Andy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond reputeAndy1402 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Pretty much. Losing 6 times in one slam to a guy doesn't look good on the resume
Hardly worse than losing 5 times.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:19 AM   #94
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy1402 View Post
I don't think you are glory hunting but nor do i agree with you. Federer, for all his losses to nadal, has never shied away from thar encounter because he knows that there is always a chance to win.
But federer was just out of form in RG and i was actually surprised that he made it to the semis. He deserved to lose and i doubt even hard core fans would disagree.
You could be right. I am open for opinions of others. I just think going into the FO Nadal was the absolute favorite after he beat Djokovic in Rome. I don''t think Roger believed he had a realistic chance of stopping Nadal this year. Not sub-consciously anyway. IF Djokovic had beaten NAdal in Rome then maybe he would have felt better about his chances because Djokovic's ownage of NAdal would have increased even more and broken down his confidence even more. I think Roger didn't go into the FO with a good mindset. How else do you explain that things changed so dastically in the grass court season?
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
10 consecutive slam F, 23 consecutive slam SF, 36 consecutive slam QF
3/4 slam titles on 3 occasions, 4/4 slam finals on 3 occasions
4 consecutive Laureus sportsman of the year awards

Quickly dumbtards, hand out bad reps so you can bad rep me again. It's been almost 24 hours!
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:22 AM   #95
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hardly worse than losing 5 times.
Depends on how you look at it I guess. 5 already looks so bad, how would 6 look? And why woudl he beat Nadal this time if he lost the last 5 times? It was just incredibly unlikely, especially given the form Nadal was in going into the FO. And deep down Roger knew that.
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles

Quickly dumbtards, hand out bad reps so you can bad rep me again. It's been almost 24 hours!
Old 07-30-2012, 01:29 AM   #96
country flag Andy1402

Quote:
Depends on how you look at it I guess. 5 already looks so bad, how would 6 look? And why woudl he beat Nadal this time if he lost the last 5 times? It was just incredibly unlikely, especially given the form Nadal was in going into the FO. And deep down Roger knew that.
I am not saying he wpuld defeat nadal, but there is always a chance. Federer, who has lost to the likes of delpo in the USO, tsonga in wimbly, knows this.
He had also crushed nadal at WTF last year and i think he would have fancied his chances.
Professional players do not tank matches in Grand slams. I think it's kinda insulting to assume that. They just have a bad day.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:34 AM   #97
country flag Honestly

Quote:
I am not saying he wpuld defeat nadal, but there is always a chance. Federer, who has lost to the likes of delpo in the USO, tsonga in wimbly, knows this.
He had also crushed nadal at WTF last year and i think he would have fancied his chances.
Professional players do not tank matches in Grand slams. I think it's kinda insulting to assume that. They just have a bad day.
I never meant to say he consciously tanked that match, But sub-consciously he may have knows there is very little chance indeed. what effect do you think it has losing 4 finals to the same guy on your least favorite surface and his best surface? Do you think it makes a believer out of you? Next year Roger can try again. He has won Wimby now and pretty much confirmed himself as the undisputed GOAT. Nothing left to lose.
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles

Old 07-30-2012, 01:35 AM   #98
country flag Andy1402

Quote:
How else do you explain that things changed so dastically in the grass court season?
I agree that federer looked out of sorts in FO. But grass is his kingdom and his mindset was definitely more positive.
But that doesn't mean that he tanked his match. He probably wants another FO title more than anything and he will provide himself with as many opportunities as possible.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:35 AM   #99
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

The points count doesn't lie.
Fed has been doing far better than Djok in the last 6 months or so. 5 tournaments won versus two.
And having been very consistent in the tournaments which he didn't manage to win.
It's not HIS fault that his main opponents didn't manage to live up to their expectations.

What's the problem?

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:49 AM   #100
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

it could be argued that Nadal's 2012 is better than Djokovics too if you just compare stats and titles...

actually overall it probably has been Federer > Nadal > Djokovic so far this season given the clay court season is Nadal's. also obviously Nadal typically preforms much worse at this point in the season and onward so....

Djokovic 2012 is probably #3 at this point BUT certainly it will be between him and Federer at the final stretches

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:52 AM   #101
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
it could be argued that Nadal's 2012 is better than Djokovics too if you just compare stats and titles...

actually overall it probably has been Federer > Nadal > Djokovic so far this season given the clay court season is Nadal's. also obviously Nadal typically preforms much worse at this point in the season and onward so....

Djokovic 2012 is probably #3 at this point BUT certainly it will be between him and Federer at the final stretches
Ah yes... the clay.

Can't wait to see how some overly enthusiastic Nole fans will react to this analysis.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:53 AM   #102
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nole_no1 View Post
Both have 1 major
Djokovic has 1 masters, Federer has 2
Djokovic has 1 GS final, Federer has 0

I'd say they're pretty equal
Nadal has 1 major, 2 masters
1 GS Final

Federer MAYBE has a better season so far than Nadal but Djokovic doesn't

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:43 AM   #103
country flag rickcastle

rickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFed View Post
Fed's won one fewer GS match
Exactly, this. Djokovic fans acting like Djokovic is just SO much better at slams as if his results are so miles ahead against Federer when it's only a one match differential (and no difference in GS title count) So for 2012:

GS titles:
Federer - 1
Djokovic - 1

GS matches won:
Federer - 17
Djokovic - 18

Master titles:
Federer - 2
Djokovic - 1

Overall titles:
Federer - 5
Djokovic - 2

Of course this can still change over the course of the year but I see little to no doubt that so far, Federer is having the better year.
rickcastle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:52 AM   #104
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You could be right. I am open for opinions of others. I just think going into the FO Nadal was the absolute favorite after he beat Djokovic in Rome. I don''t think Roger believed he had a realistic chance of stopping Nadal this year. Not sub-consciously anyway. IF Djokovic had beaten NAdal in Rome then maybe he would have felt better about his chances because Djokovic's ownage of NAdal would have increased even more and broken down his confidence even more. I think Roger didn't go into the FO with a good mindset. How else do you explain that things changed so dastically in the grass court season?
Clay and grass are sufficiently different that you have to train for them. I believe after last years beatings by Djokovic Nadal decided to do some extra training on clay to at least regain his status there. Leaving him worse on grass, as we have seen. For Federer it could easily be the same explanation, less priority on clay and more on grass. Djokovic would be the ambitious one, aiming to win everything.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:01 AM   #105
country flag Mechlan

Mechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure why there's so much discussion. The answer to the question is here.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/YTD-Singles.aspx
Mechlan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote