Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Their rivalry) - Page 65 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2012 year-end H2H?

Djokovic will take the lead 31 50.82%
Federer will claim his trophy 25 40.98%
They will end in a draw, for the first time 1 1.64%
I don't know. But this should be an official ATP award, it's amazing. 4 6.56%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2012, 10:07 PM   #961
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Who will end up with the better clay career)

What adapting to the surface when all courts are the same slow ,slower. That is why when they needed to play on blue clay they disappeared because you need skills there.
pepita1964 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 01:03 AM   #962
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Federer and Djokovic like Sampras and Agassi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
not a good comparison at all and FYI Djokovic has 5 slams. 17 VS 5 is much more dramatic than 14 VS 8

also Djokovic's not at as personable as Agassi. Federer and Sampras are not that similar really, Federer is a player with tons of variety, Sampras was a one-two punch kind of guy with big serve, big forehand/volleys

I see what you're getting at, as far as contrasting styles but Agassi/Sampras were the same generations and truly opposites. Djokovic is not really Federer's opposite nor is he the same generation

as far as comparing the players Fed/Samp Djok/Agassi there just aren't really that many similarities besides the first set had great serves/good on grass and the second set were good returners

the comparison doesn't work. also Federer is not boring like Sampras was
I don't think this comparison has any grounds to be honest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
Federer and Sampras are no that similar. merely being good on the same surface and being consistant do not make you automatically the same. their styles are starkingly different. Federer plays amazing on clay, Sampras did not.
Djokovic and Agassi are not similar, Djokovic is agressive off the return like Andre was but Agassi was not a player who did the whole defensive, run around all the time thing. Agassi was an offensive player. he attacked often, Novak does not

there are some obvious connections but there are many differences. Djokovic will never be to Federer what Agassi was to Sampras because Novak does not share the same generation as Federer. and the players just are not that similar despite what some of you are claiming. the biggest significances are that Samp/Fed both are/were good on grass and that Agassi/Novak both are great returners. beyond that there are stark contrasting styles and careers
These are very sensible posts and factual.

/end thread
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:05 AM   #963
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
Agassi was more talented than Federer IMO
lol ok
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:13 AM   #964
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by atennisfan View Post
lol ok
Yes he is.

Agassi was the cleanest ball-striker in the open era.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:18 AM   #965
country flag Han Solo

Han Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
Yes he is.

Agassi was the cleanest ball-striker in the open era.
You seem very confident with this assertion.

Prove it.
Han Solo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:23 AM   #966
country flag Noserer
Banned!

Noserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond reputeNoserer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Who will end up with the better clay career)

Djokovic, Agassi and Sampras are all ahead of Federer in terms of talent.
Noserer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:23 AM   #967
country flag Orangeball

Orangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
K, Pepita, if you really watch tennis (I doubt it btw) ... not even sure where to begin here. Nole was much more aggressive back 2007/08 if you watched his matches at THAT time. everyone is playing 'percentages' nowadays btw.
That's true as that's the only way to get results, especially Slams these days, and Slams number are the only thing keeping Fedtards breathing
Orangeball is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:27 AM   #968
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick the greek View Post
Oui,tais-toi petit garçon.
Parles-tu français, Nick the greek?
GOATsol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:11 AM   #969
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone has an opinion OK . Can you ask Djokovic how he can recover for 24 hours or less after playing 5 hours match and went to play another one for six hours,I do not say he is from Mars.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:28 AM   #970
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepita1964 View Post
Everyone has an opinion OK . Can you ask Djokovic how he can recover for 24 hours or less after playing 5 hours match and went to play another one for six hours,I do not say he is from Mars.
Pep babe, he is doping what else, using his Cvac egg thingy? are you that silly? how Nole def. Fed. well, Fed can not be defeated because he is God. now, let's go 1,2,3 and breath. relax. life is good. . gosh I should retire from MTF when I read something so stupid.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:54 AM   #971
country flag pepita1964

I can be your grandmother darling ?
Old 11-17-2012, 02:57 AM   #972
country flag pepita1964

Do not worry about Fed because Djokovic is his motivation or you forget that !!!
Old 11-17-2012, 03:01 AM   #973
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepita1964 View Post
I can be your grandmother darling ?
I can be your grandpa darhling .
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:04 AM   #974
country flag pepita1964

Sure
Old 11-17-2012, 03:04 AM   #975
country flag GOATsol

GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noserer View Post
Djokovic, Agassi and Sampras are all ahead of Federer in terms of talent.

Good thing Noserer is here for entertainment, even if tdoc isn't.
GOATsol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote