Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Their rivalry) - Page 63 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2012 year-end H2H?

Djokovic will take the lead 31 50.82%
Federer will claim his trophy 25 40.98%
They will end in a draw, for the first time 1 1.64%
I don't know. But this should be an official ATP award, it's amazing. 4 6.56%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2012, 07:16 PM   #931
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Federer and Djokovic like Sampras and Agassi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pusha T View Post
Agassi wasn't a pusher, so no.
this, people confuse Agassi/DJokovic both having agressive return games, with them having similar styles of play. they don't. like at all, it's not even close

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 07:19 PM   #932
country flag nick the greek
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
this, people confuse Agassi/DJokovic both having agressive return games, with them having similar styles of play. they don't. like at all, it's not even close
Pipe down, clowns.
nick the greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:24 PM   #933
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

Bad analogy, no.
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:27 PM   #934
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are you Pusha T the hip-hop singer (?)

Quote:
not a good comparison at all and FYI Djokovic has 5 slams. 17 VS 5 is much more dramatic than 14 VS 8

also Djokovic's not at as personable as Agassi. Federer and Sampras are not that similar really, Federer is a player with tons of variety, Sampras was a one-two punch kind of guy with big serve, big forehand/volleys

I see what you're getting at, as far as contrasting styles but Agassi/Sampras were the same generations and truly opposites. Djokovic is not really Federer's opposite nor is he the same generation

as far as comparing the players Fed/Samp Djok/Agassi there just aren't really that many similarities besides the first set had great serves/good on grass and the second set were good returners

the comparison doesn't work. also Federer is not boring like Sampras was
I don't think this comparison has any grounds to be honest
It's true that difference in slams is bigger between Fed and Novak than between Sampras and Agassi. But Novak clearly has more slams left to win than Federer, and of course, than the other two who retired, so the breach will get a lot smaller.

I know there are a lot of differences, I was just pointing some of the similarities.

Quote:
yeah you'd take either of them over the best player of all time.... with the most accomplishments and undeniably the most talent ever. maybe for going out to dinner, yeah? but not as a tennis player

Agassi was more talented than Federer IMO, although yes, Federer was more accomplished of course.

And Djokovic is not a pusher.
BauerAlmeida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #935
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Federer, Sampras and Agassi were entertaining to watch and all play(ed) aggressive, attractive tennis.

Then there's Novak Djokovic.
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:31 PM   #936
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
Federer, Sampras and Agassi were entertaining to watch and all play(ed) aggressive, attractive tennis.

Djokovic's game is more entertaining than Sampras's.
BauerAlmeida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #937
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

That's just your opinion.Btw, nobody cares about it.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:38 PM   #938
country flag Pusha T

Pusha T has a reputation beyond reputePusha T has a reputation beyond reputePusha T has a reputation beyond reputePusha T has a reputation beyond reputePusha T has a reputation beyond reputePusha T has a reputation beyond reputePusha T has a reputation beyond reputePusha T has a reputation beyond reputePusha T has a reputation beyond reputePusha T has a reputation beyond reputePusha T has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

QFT.
Pusha T is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:38 PM   #939
country flag Han Solo

Han Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

That's a little unfair to Djokovic, who can play some very exhilarating tennis when he's "on". Think US Open 2011 in particular.

And Sampras - undeniably hugely talented and effective on grass and hard courts. But watching him play at Wimbledon in the 90s with most points not lasting more than two or three shots did get kind of boring, no?
Han Solo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:40 PM   #940
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

more or less yep, Fed is greater than Sampras, Agassi si greater than Nole so in total comparison has the point
Old 11-16-2012, 07:43 PM   #941
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
more or less yep, Fed is greater than Sampras, Agassi si greater than Nole so in total comparison has the point
Wrong and wrong.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #942
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
That's a little unfair to Djokovic, who can play some very exhilarating tennis when he's "on". Think US Open 2011 in particular.

And Sampras - undeniably hugely talented and effective on grass and hard courts. But watching him play at Wimbledon in the 90s with most points not lasting more than two or three shots did get kind of boring, no?
The difference was, if you find that kind of tennis boring, you only had to endure it for a certain period of the year.

Today we have to endure another certain type of tennis throughout the entire year.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:49 PM   #943
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

oh boy, it's really offensive to even make a post in the same thread with some posters
Old 11-16-2012, 07:50 PM   #944
country flag Burrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick the greek View Post
That's just your opinion.Btw, nobody cares about it.
I never stated that my post was anything but my opinion, but because I said it, I obviously think it's true, which it is

Incidentally, the opening post welcomed my opinion.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #945
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
oh boy, it's really offensive to even make a post in the same thread with some posters
If heaven exists what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?

It's a trick question, you're going to hell.