Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Their rivalry) - Page 62 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2012 year-end H2H?

Djokovic will take the lead 31 50.82%
Federer will claim his trophy 25 40.98%
They will end in a draw, for the first time 1 1.64%
I don't know. But this should be an official ATP award, it's amazing. 4 6.56%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2012, 02:57 AM   #916
country flag juan27

juan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is the match still on Federer's racquet against Djokovic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Woulda, coulda, yadda yadda... and I could say Nole would have won the match more easily if he hadn't made twice the errors he usually makes. He gifted away many many points just like Federer. That someone has an early break means absolutely nothing. Actually the pattern of federer-djokovic matches has been now reversed. Before, when Nole was the younger and most inexperienced player, their sets would be pretty even until 4-4, then Federer would usually take advantage of his experience and break Nole in the next game to serve for the match. I've seen this happen countless times. Now Nole is doing to Federer what he did to him while he was the younger and inexperienced player. Cycle of life.
for me , the age is not an important factor to know close matches , sampras was very younger when he started to won , borg the same and many other players like McEnroe and others grear players.

the same delpo in his first slam final was capalbe too.

exist many factors that are responsable to that things not only been young or without experience.

anyway you are righ too , nole now has all the advantage and confidence what it`s logic because he is in his peak moment and the best moment of his career , and federer with age and out of his peak can has many experience , but many times that is not all and he lost the confidence and other things that a player had in his peak years and when start to won everything
juan27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 06:18 PM   #917
country flag Serve&Volley01

Serve&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond reputeServe&Volley01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is Federer and Djokovic like Sampras and Agassi?

Federer / Sampras the more naturally talented, offensive, and accomplished player but not very emotional and quiet to the media. Rarely shows emotion. He is boring

Djokovic/Agassi - much more lively and has a personality than Sampras. Probably a harder worker. Djokovic does his signature roar and double fist pump (like he is doing a sexual position) after a big win. Displays much more emotion on court than Murray or Federer.

Slam count

Federer v. Djokovic: 17 vs 6

Sampras v. Agassi: 14 v. 8

Agassi was miles more popular than Sampras, at least to the younger tard crowd, but Federer today still seems to completely own Djokovic in popularity across the board in all age groups.

What do you think?
Serve&Volley01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:19 PM   #918
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Federer and Djokovic like Sampras and Agassi?

*Are
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #919
country flag Depeche

Depeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serve&Volley01 View Post
and double fist pump (like he is doing a sexual position)

lol, wut?
Depeche is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:27 PM   #920
country flag Fed fordawin

Fed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond repute

Yes very much, except Federer is the more popular one and Djokovic is a 0 personnality brat trying to impress his daddy with childish imitations and wannabe-tough-guy fistpumps.

Alchimists transform iron into gold. Boriiiiiing!
Movie-makers transform dreams into reality. Yeah, whatever...
El Tio transforms Dull into a multiple GS champion! Daaaaamn!

El Tio has the keys to weather, court speed, draw making, umpires' decisions and perception of time between points, top players' fatherhood, and my libido!

This signature is in no way ironic. Please don't ever let El Tio think that, for my sake!
Fed fordawin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:35 PM   #921
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed fordawin View Post
Yes very much, except Federer is the more popular one and Djokovic is a 0 personnality brat trying to impress his daddy with childish imitations and wannabe-tough-guy fistpumps.
quiet French boy...........
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #922
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe. There are other similarities too. Both Sampras and Federer play their best on grass and had Wimbledon as their favorite slam and RG as their worst. Both Djokovic and Agassi play their best on HC, specially the AO and have grass as their worst surface.

Both Federer and Sampras had a very consistent career with a lot of weeks at Number 1 and slams. Agassi had a slump and Djokovic too, although Novak's was a lot smaller. I think Djokovic will surpass Agassi's slam count just like Fed surapssed Sampras, but they both will end with a similar amount (Federer with Sampras and Djokovic with Agassi).
Old 11-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #923
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

I'd take Agassi and Djokovic any day.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #924
country flag Branimir

Branimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond repute

It's not fair to compare Sampras to Federer. Sampras was a true champion, has a hot wife, cries only when he really has the reason to cry (like his coach being sick). Federer is not even worth talking about.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #925
country flag Fed fordawin

Fed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branimir View Post
It's not fair to compare Sampras to Federer. Sampras was a true champion, has a hot wife, cries only when he really has the reason to cry (like his coach being sick). Federer is not even worth talking about.
Right. At the end of the day, all's been said and done.

Alchimists transform iron into gold. Boriiiiiing!
Movie-makers transform dreams into reality. Yeah, whatever...
El Tio transforms Dull into a multiple GS champion! Daaaaamn!

El Tio has the keys to weather, court speed, draw making, umpires' decisions and perception of time between points, top players' fatherhood, and my libido!

This signature is in no way ironic. Please don't ever let El Tio think that, for my sake!
Fed fordawin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:06 PM   #926
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serve&Volley01 View Post
Federer / Sampras the more naturally talented, offensive, and accomplished player but not very emotional and quiet to the media. Rarely shows emotion. He is boring

Djokovic/Agassi - much more lively and has a personality than Sampras. Probably a harder worker. Djokovic does his signature roar and double fist pump (like he is doing a sexual position) after a big win. Displays much more emotion on court than Murray or Federer.

Slam count

Federer v. Djokovic: 17 vs 6

Sampras v. Agassi: 14 v. 8

Agassi was miles more popular than Sampras, at least to the younger tard crowd, but Federer today still seems to completely own Djokovic in popularity across the board in all age groups.

What do you think?
not a good comparison at all and FYI Djokovic has 5 slams. 17 VS 5 is much more dramatic than 14 VS 8

also Djokovic's not at as personable as Agassi. Federer and Sampras are not that similar really, Federer is a player with tons of variety, Sampras was a one-two punch kind of guy with big serve, big forehand/volleys

I see what you're getting at, as far as contrasting styles but Agassi/Sampras were the same generations and truly opposites. Djokovic is not really Federer's opposite nor is he the same generation

as far as comparing the players Fed/Samp Djok/Agassi there just aren't really that many similarities besides the first set had great serves/good on grass and the second set were good returners

the comparison doesn't work. also Federer is not boring like Sampras was
I don't think this comparison has any grounds to be honest

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:10 PM   #927

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
Maybe. There are other similarities too. Both Sampras and Federer play their best on grass and had Wimbledon as their favorite slam and RG as their worst. Both Djokovic and Agassi play their best on HC, specially the AO and have grass as their worst surface.

Both Federer and Sampras had a very consistent career with a lot of weeks at Number 1 and slams. Agassi had a slump and Djokovic too, although Novak's was a lot smaller. I think Djokovic will surpass Agassi's slam count just like Fed surapssed Sampras, but they both will end with a similar amount (Federer with Sampras and Djokovic with Agassi).
Federer and Sampras are no that similar. merely being good on the same surface and being consistant do not make you automatically the same. their styles are starkingly different. Federer plays amazing on clay, Sampras did not.
Djokovic and Agassi are not similar, Djokovic is agressive off the return like Andre was but Agassi was not a player who did the whole defensive, run around all the time thing. Agassi was an offensive player. he attacked often, Novak does not

there are some obvious connections but there are many differences. Djokovic will never be to Federer what Agassi was to Sampras because Novak does not share the same generation as Federer. and the players just are not that similar despite what some of you are claiming. the biggest significances are that Samp/Fed both are/were good on grass and that Agassi/Novak both are great returners. beyond that there are stark contrasting styles and careers

Rafael Nadal
Old 11-16-2012, 08:12 PM   #928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
I'd take Agassi and Djokovic any day.
yeah you'd take either of them over the best player of all time.... with the most accomplishments and undeniably the most talent ever. maybe for going out to dinner, yeah? but not as a tennis player

Rafael Nadal
Old 11-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #929
country flag Pusha T

Pusha T has a reputation beyond reputePusha T has a reputation beyond reputePusha T has a reputation beyond reputePusha T has a reputation beyond reputePusha T has a reputation beyond reputePusha T has a reputation beyond reputePusha T has a reputation beyond reputePusha T has a reputation beyond reputePusha T has a reputation beyond reputePusha T has a reputation beyond reputePusha T has a reputation beyond repute

Agassi wasn't a pusher, so no.
Pusha T is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #930
country flag nick the greek
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed fordawin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
quiet French boy...........
Oui,tais-toi petit garçon.
nick the greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote