Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Their rivalry) - Page 50 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2012 year-end H2H?

Djokovic will take the lead 31 50.82%
Federer will claim his trophy 25 40.98%
They will end in a draw, for the first time 1 1.64%
I don't know. But this should be an official ATP award, it's amazing. 4 6.56%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2012, 12:41 AM   #736
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Who will end up with the better clay career)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Federer is a better player than Djokovic overall even on clay, but that doesn't mean Nole can't achieve more. Being the better player and achieving more are not always the same thing; achievements depend a lot on circumstances (injuries, quality of the competition faced, etc...).

Nole has a great chance to build an excellent clay resumé, he can beat Nadal on clay if needed, and with Rafa out of the picture/declining he'd be the clear #1 on clay.
This. Hence why I said Fed won more clay pts in 2009 but would anyone say he had the better clay game in 2009 compared to 2006? I think not.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2012, 12:49 AM   #737
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Who will end up with the better clay career)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Emerson View Post
Djokovic might win one RG but he won't reach five finals there. When you almost lose against the likes of Tsonga on clay you know even winning one RG title will be difficult. He will probably win a very tough RG title like Agassi and Federer. The only player who had it easy when trying to complete the Career Slam in the Open era is Nadal who only dropped a set at the USO in 2010. But that is the exception.
Yeah Djokovic will never be the player Fed is on clay. Not even close. Noletards suffering severe delusions of grandeur as usual.
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
10 consecutive slam F, 23 consecutive slam SF, 36 consecutive slam QF
3/4 slam titles on 3 occasions, 4/4 slam finals on 3 occasions
4 consecutive Laureus sportsman of the year awards
Proving the haters wrong...priceless
Honestly is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:52 AM   #738
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Fed was crap at RG 2009. Limped his way past a choking Acasuso, a point away from Haas serving to put him out and then getting outplayed by favourable match up Del Potro.

No way was that his best clay form at all. 2006 was the best I've seen Federer play on clay. He had his chances against a full-pelt Nadal in MC and RG and he should have won the Rome final (that and Nadal-Coria are two of the all-time great clay epics)
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:02 AM   #739
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
Finishingmovie is a huge tard but you saying he can be better than Fed is not lagging far behind...
he can achieve more than him on clay not like he needs a new career for that
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:04 AM   #740
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Fed was crap at RG 2009. Limped his way past a choking Acasuso, a point away from Haas serving to put him out and then getting outplayed by favourable match up Del Potro.

No way was that his best clay form at all. 2006 was the best I've seen Federer play on clay. He had his chances against a full-pelt Nadal in MC and RG and he should have won the Rome final (that and Nadal-Coria are two of the all-time great clay epics)
When Nadal lost Roger had huge pressure to win the title. He knew that would probably be his only and last chance to complete the career slam. His form was irrelevant. He was mentally very clutch that year.
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
Old 10-20-2012, 01:05 AM   #741
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

also who gives a fuck about the finals....If Novak wins 2 RG titles and Fed stays at 1 who will say Fed achieved more at RG?Nobody but his bandwagon tards......Fedtards carbon copy of Yankee fans.Brain dead,know nothing about the sport and started rooting for him/team because he/they won all the time
Old 10-20-2012, 01:05 AM   #742
country flag Honestly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
he can achieve more than him on clay not like he needs a new career for that
That is doubtful but saying he can become a greater player is pure tardism.
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
Old 10-20-2012, 01:20 AM   #743
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Whereas everyone knew Fed would win more slams than Sampras as soon as he won a few
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:33 AM   #744
country flag Han Solo

Han Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
Depends on if Nole can beat Rafa at RG.
No. It depends on whether Djokovic can win more Masters and RG finals on clay than Federer.
Han Solo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:41 AM   #745
country flag barbadosan

barbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
also who gives a fuck about the finals....If Novak wins 2 RG titles and Fed stays at 1 who will say Fed achieved more at RG?Nobody but his bandwagon tards......Fedtards carbon copy of Yankee fans.Brain dead,know nothing about the sport and started rooting for him/team because he/they won all the time
Rooting for Fed during 1998-2003 means I started rooting for him because he won all the time?!! If you say so, foolbert

Respectfully,
masterclass

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." - Richard Cook
barbadosan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:57 AM   #746
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Actually Federer did never win RG playing Nadal, so if Nole wins RG and beats Nadal in the final he will be the indisputable better clay court player of the two.
Retiring from this thread, all this talk about Federer in here is so tedious. I'll leave it to you kids.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nş1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:59 AM   #747
country flag Saberq

Quote:
at what point did I say that?
Old 10-20-2012, 02:06 AM   #748
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

Fed fans are relieved to know that cold-hearted non-athletes, and old 1960s players and unsuccessful singles players believe Federina's the goat and 2nd best clay player ever. LOLOLOL
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:10 AM   #749
country flag Honestly

Quote:
at what point did I say that?
Quote:
stop being such a tard dude that is not possible.Can he win 2 RG titles and be better than Fed yes but still.As for playing until 35 LOL......he will retire before 30 he said so himself
I guess I misunderstood the above comment then. Thought the bolded part referred to more than clay. My apologies. But yes he needs to beat Nadal in the RG final to have a prayer at being better than Fed on clay.
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
Old 10-20-2012, 02:14 AM   #750
country flag Honestly

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya View Post
Fed fans are relieved to know that cold-hearted non-athletes, and old 1960s players and unsuccessful singles players believe Federina's the goat and 2nd best clay player ever. LOLOLOL
Stop trolling heya. Everyone can see what you are up to.
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles