Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Their rivalry) - Page 26 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2012 year-end H2H?

Djokovic will take the lead 31 50.82%
Federer will claim his trophy 25 40.98%
They will end in a draw, for the first time 1 1.64%
I don't know. But this should be an official ATP award, it's amazing. 4 6.56%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2012, 09:18 PM   #376
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates - Year End Number 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
What would a poll prove? That people would massively vote for you because you obviously have self esteem issues just to make you feel better about yourself even if they know I am senseful, courteous, considerate, a beacon of light, fair and just and, in a perfect world, a future mod?

Do you think the people that saw him defend all his titles are less biased than me? How about the douchebags that predicted a Calendar Year Golden Grand Slam? Not being a Nole fan allows me to see his achievements without wearing Nole tainted glasses (a dark shade of brown).

I don't worship him like a Golden Calf.
Obviously I dont want any poll. Just a metaphor.

So you think that a hater has a neutral perspective? Is that what you're honestly saying? Or perhaps you're not a hater?

BTW, I have many problems, "self-esteem issues" is not one of them. But this is not a chat thread.
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #377
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServeVolley View Post
The REALITY is that Federer is 39-2 on hardcourts since last September, and the holder of six HC titles; including two HC Masters + WTF. The REALITY is that Federer won the last Grand Slam and reached the final of the Olympics, whilst Djokovic lost in the semi-finals of both. And the REALITY is that Federer is the current World #1 and five-time US Open, four-time Cincinnati, and six-time World Tour Finals, champion. My sense of reality is just fine, thank you.
reality is that Roger has not beaten Novak on HC in 2 years and that Novak is a superior HC player than Roger at this point in their careers
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:34 PM   #378
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Obviously I dont want any poll. Just a metaphor.

So you think that a hater has a neutral perspective? Is that what you're honestly saying? Or perhaps you're not a hater?

BTW, I have many problems, "self-esteem issues" is not one of them. But this is not a chat thread.
More neutral than fangirls for sure.

And hater is such a strong word. Many people on this board hate me more than I hate Nole.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:45 PM   #379
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole Rules View Post
That's rich coming from you.
Is it now? Who do I hate outside Nadal? You seem to hate Fed like there's no tomorrow. I've never seen you write anything else about the guy and most of your posts are about that . Most of my posts are about the maestro. I do troll the lost souls but that's part of the experience on MTF.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On winning DC and its overall importance in the discussion for all-time greats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbis View Post
Davis Cup should never have really mattered in the GOAT discussion anyway since it's a team event. If you're talking about the GOAT singles player then you should mainly look at individual results.
If some unknown talent came out of some random tiny country (no chance to win DC) and won 20 slams, no one would give a single shit if that player didn't have DC. The fact is, success in DC is largely determined by what country you come from or play for in the first place, which most players haven't had any control over.
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:49 PM   #380
country flag TBkeeper

TBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Is it now? Who do I hate outside Nadal? You seem to hate Fed like there's no tomorrow. I've never seen you write anything else about the guy and most of your posts are about that . Most of my posts are about the maestro. I do troll the lost souls but that's part of the experience on MTF.
God post

SLAMS: 4 SEMIS, 6 QUARTERS
WTF: 1 TITLE, 1 FINAL, 1 SEMI
MASTERS: 3 TITLES, 5 SEMIS, 10 QUARTERS
TITLES: 21
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 482-329
TBkeeper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:52 PM   #381
country flag IOFH

IOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond reputeIOFH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
reality is that Roger has not beaten Novak on HC in 2 years and that Novak is a superior HC player than Roger at this point in their careers
Reality is Djokovic is a better slow HC-player than Federer at this point.

Reality is that Federer had 2 MPs in each of their last 2 USO-matches.

Reality is that there is very little to separate them in a fast HC at this moment.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #382
country flag DrJules

DrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond repute

US Open winner would be my player of the year for 2012 if Federer, Djokovic, Nadal or Murray win it.

Even Murray with US Open and Olympic Gold would marginally edge it.

Federer 17 GS, 6 Year End Masters, 23 Master Series.
Nadal 14 GS, 27 Master Series, 1 Olympic Gold.
Djokovic 7 GS, 4 Year End Masters, 20 Master Series.

DrJules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:59 PM   #383
country flag DrJules

DrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOFH View Post

Reality is that there is very little to separate them in a fast HC at this moment.
True.

The last 2 US Open semi-finals could not have been closer with each player getting to match point in the 5th set.

Federer 17 GS, 6 Year End Masters, 23 Master Series.
Nadal 14 GS, 27 Master Series, 1 Olympic Gold.
Djokovic 7 GS, 4 Year End Masters, 20 Master Series.

DrJules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:01 PM   #384
country flag ServeVolley
Banned!

ServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJules View Post
US Open winner would be my player of the year for 2012 if Federer, Djokovic, Nadal or Murray win it.

Even Murray with US Open and Olympic Gold would marginally edge it.
You can't be serious?
ServeVolley is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:04 PM   #385
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The REALITY is that Federer is 39-2 on hardcourts since last September, and the holder of six HC titles; including two HC Masters + WTF. The REALITY is that Federer won the last Grand Slam and reached the final of the Olympics, whilst Djokovic lost in the semi-finals of both. And the REALITY is that Federer is the current World #1 and five-time US Open, four-time Cincinnati, and six-time World Tour Finals, champion. My sense of reality is just fine, thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOFH View Post

I had to. I am rewatching the movie as I write this.
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:20 PM   #386
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You can't be serious?
Well, if Muzzah wins the USO, all of the top 4 will have a slam each and he has the other highlight. He may not be the player of year but he would have the most craved titles. Then he's also good indoors. I'd love to see Muzzah win the USO with a good showing for Djokovic and Roger (a SF loss for Novak and a F for Roger) and then all three can head into a three-horse race for the #1. Wouldn't that be super exciting.

Obviously, you just read one of my sugar coating scenarios were RF to lose in the final of the USO.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On winning DC and its overall importance in the discussion for all-time greats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbis View Post
Davis Cup should never have really mattered in the GOAT discussion anyway since it's a team event. If you're talking about the GOAT singles player then you should mainly look at individual results.
If some unknown talent came out of some random tiny country (no chance to win DC) and won 20 slams, no one would give a single shit if that player didn't have DC. The fact is, success in DC is largely determined by what country you come from or play for in the first place, which most players haven't had any control over.
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:48 PM   #387
country flag stewietennis

stewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond repute

What if:
- Djokovic wins the US Open over Federer
- Federer wins the World Tour Finals over Djokovic
- Murray wins Cincinnati, Paris and Shanghai over each of the other Top 4

Who would be the player of the year then?
stewietennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:14 AM   #388
country flag Sanya

Sanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewietennis View Post
What if:
- Djokovic wins the US Open over Federer
- Federer wins the World Tour Finals over Djokovic
- Murray wins Cincinnati, Paris and Shanghai over each of the other Top 4

Who would be the player of the year then?
Djokovic. And according to ranking/points (I asume) in this situation and 2 > 1 > 0.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:27 AM   #389
country flag stewietennis

stewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanya View Post
Djokovic. And according to ranking/points (I asume) in this situation and 2 > 1 > 0.
Does that mean 2 Majors > 1 Major + Olympic Silver + WTF?
stewietennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:34 AM   #390
country flag Sanya

Sanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewietennis View Post
Does that mean 2 Majors > 1 Major + Olympic Silver + WTF?
Yep, all in all for me Slam > Silver + WTF, without a doubt. Sincerely I didn`t consider OG in tennis like very prestigious tournament.