Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Their rivalry) - Page 22 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2012 year-end H2H?

Djokovic will take the lead 31 50.82%
Federer will claim his trophy 25 40.98%
They will end in a draw, for the first time 1 1.64%
I don't know. But this should be an official ATP award, it's amazing. 4 6.56%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #316
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates - Year End Number 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
Touchy on this topic. No. Nole 2.0 took a break in the summer of 2011, before the USO. It was a great half of the year for the 2.0 version of Nole, but it did not last 9 months.
I am always sensitive when the issue is Nole. It's pretty obvious and I am.not ashamed of it.

However, I couldn't care less about Nole 2.0 or 78.0 or whatever. And I certainly care even less how long "Nole 2.0" lasted. You just did some pretty terrible math there, and I thought you should know. All I care about is titles. That id What matters. A pretty regular Nole, but determined, showed up at AO this year. And it worked out just fine. Like I said before, a pretty regular Nole has beaten the top 4 on hard court quite a few times... so for all I care, Nole 2.0 may never show up again if he still wins GS and MS.
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #317
country flag Roy Emerson

Roy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond repute

Wimbledon is the most prestigious slam but AO is the hardest slam to win consecutively nowadays. Agassi and Federer were not able to win AO for 3 years in a row, have a feeling neither will Djokovic. But Federer won Wimbledon and USO 5 years in a row each. Nadal won FO 4 years in a row, like Borg. Bjorn won Wimbledon 5 years in a row. Sampras won Wimbledon 4 years in a row. AO in the open era has not been won by a male player more than 2 years in a row. Perhaps because only in the past 20 years or so it has become more prestigious. Guy in my avi won the AO 5 years in a row in a completely different era. Open era, AO has become the toughest to win for more than 2 years in a row.
Roy Emerson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:12 PM   #318
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
I am always sensitive when the issue is Nole. It's pretty obvious and I am.not ashamed of it.

However, I couldn't care less about Nole 2.0 or 78.0 or whatever. And I certainly care even less how long "Nole 2.0" lasted. You just did some pretty terrible math there, and I thought you should know. All I care about is titles. That id What matters. A pretty regular Nole, but determined, showed up at AO this year. And it worked out just fine. Like I said before, a pretty regular Nole had beaten the top 4 on hard court quite a few times...
Half the year is pretty much 6 months. I'll extend it to 6 1/2 to please you, but such a small difference is not what you can label terrible math. That's too harsh.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:17 PM   #319
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

If you are going to be that picky, then there is two sides of the fraction. you said half the SEASON not the year. If the summer break doesn't count, then it can't be part of the denominator either. I am pretty sure you realise that, and I am pretty sure you can do the write math if you want to, dear. so no, Nole 2.0 or whatever that is, did not last half a season. It was way more.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:27 PM   #320
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If you are going to be that picky, then there is two sides of the fraction. you said half the SEASON not the year. If the summer break doesn't count, then it can't be part of the denominator either. I am pretty sure you realise that, and I am pretty sure you can do the write math if you want to, dear. so no, Nole 2.0 or whatever that is, did not last half a season. It was way more.
January to Wimbledon. That is your Nole 2.0 time frame. You do the math my dear
Old 08-13-2012, 03:27 PM   #321
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Half the year is pretty much 6 months. I'll extend it to 6 1/2 to please you, but such a small difference is not what you can label terrible math. That's too harsh.
So your theory is we should only count the time players actually played in a tournament?

Should we deduct the time how many months/days played for those players who went out of tournaments early?

Should we also deduct the time for Federer since he took off the same amount of time in Summer 2011? Actually he took more off as he was out of Wimbledon in QF while Novak last until second Sunday?

Or only Djokovic has the honour of playing 9 1/2 months out of the 11 months of the ATP tournament schedule?
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:28 PM   #322
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't know Nole lost in Montreal, did not reach final in Cincy and lost USO in 2011! ATP really messed up awarding him all those points.

Or Nole 1.0 is capable of beating those top players along the way?
Old 08-13-2012, 03:33 PM   #323
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I don't know Nole lost in Montreal, did not reach final in Cincy and lost USO in 2011! ATP really messed up awarding him all those points.

Or Nole 1.0 is capable of beating those top players along the way?
Touchy people today. Yes Nole 1.0 could have won his last 2 Rogers Cup, he did not win Cincy and his USO was clearly post 2.0 form, so yeah, January to Wimbledon is your time frame for Nole 2.0.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:33 PM   #324
country flag arm

Quote:
Great! So Federer choked 2 MPs away to Nole 1.0? That's sad, no?

1GS 1MM And 1MS final was not Nole 2.0? That is great to know, I feel much more confident about the next month now.

Also, I appreciate you missing my point or choosing not to answer that part. But look at how well ler got it:

Quote:
So your theory is we should only count the time players actually played in a tournament?

Should we deduct the time how many months/days played for those players who went out of tournaments early?

Should we also deduct the time for Federer since he took off the same amount of time in Summer 2011? Actually he took more off as he was out of Wimbledon in QF while Novak last until second Sunday?

Or only Djokovic has the honour of playing 9 1/2 months out of the 11 months of the ATP tournament schedule?
Old 08-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #325
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

Quote:

Old 08-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #326
country flag ServeVolley
Banned!

ServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond repute

Federer has YE#1 in the bag. Djokovic winning a M1000 where the greatest challenge is Tipsarevic changes nothing. Fed's been winning tournaments left, right, and centre, even when all of the Top 4 have been playing -- and his best part of the season hasn't even started yet.

There's five big tournaments left before the end of the year:

Cincy - USO - Shanghai - Paris-Bercy - WTF

...and Fed's winning at least three of them.
ServeVolley is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #327
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Touchy people today.
Not touchy. Just feel likes it today

And is the best answer I ever have from you
Old 08-13-2012, 03:38 PM   #328
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

Quote:
Great! So Federer choked 2 MPs away to Nole 1.0? That's sad, no?

1GS 1MM And 1MS final was not Nole 2.0? That is great to know, I feel much more confident about the next month now.

Also, I appreciate you missing my point or choosing not to answer that part. But look at how well ler got it:
Who do you think is more able to look at the situation objectively? An extreme Nole enthusiastic fangirl (you) or a non fan who appreciates the game for what it is (me)? Seems to me I am less emotionally invested and so more capable of providing an unbiased opinion.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:39 PM   #329
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

Quote:
Not touchy. Just feel likes it today

And is the best answer I ever have from you

and was also the proper answer to your other post.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:42 PM   #330
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Who do you think is more able to look at the situation objectively? An extreme Nole enthusiastic fangirl (you) or a non fan who appreciates the game for what it is (me)? Seems to me I am less emotionally invested and so more capable of providing an unbiased opinion.
She knows where she comes from. On the other hand, you are the one in denial. And emotional or not has nothing to do with Mathematics or actually, simple Arithmetic here.