Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Their rivalry) - Page 19 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2012 year-end H2H?

Djokovic will take the lead 31 50.82%
Federer will claim his trophy 25 40.98%
They will end in a draw, for the first time 1 1.64%
I don't know. But this should be an official ATP award, it's amazing. 4 6.56%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2012, 12:17 PM   #271
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates - Year End Number 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Return View Post
Funny stuff with this version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0...

Roger 1.0 lasted 4 years, Roger 2.0 4 years as well. Novak seems to have new version each year as 2.0 lasted ońy one season. Not much of consistency. USO 2013 Nole 23.0?
I didn't invent the nomenclature, I am just using it like the poster I am.responding to did.

As for Nole 2.0 lasting only one season.. you wish. Nole is just the type of player who needs breaks between goatness. If Nole 2.0 were to last that long without breaks, he would be the goat. And we don't want that, do we?
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #272
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
seriously though, why was Nole is such good shape in Toronto when Fed, Muzza, Delpo all falling apart

something fishy there

has he made the egg 2.0?
him and his boffins
I called it already during the Olympics that he'll stop at NY to get recharged.

Another session is waiting for him before the US Open.

Just the good old Egg, why would he need a 2.0 one? Don't fix it if it's not broken.
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #273
country flag Marc23

Marc23 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc23 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc23 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc23 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc23 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc23 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc23 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc23 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc23 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc23 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc23 has a reputation beyond repute

Novak played the smallest amount of tournaments among top 65 players and he is still number 2...he has the quality,but will he deliver matters most in this case!
Marc23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #274
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer 2012 > Djokovic 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxyzapenje View Post
I says on the ATP website. But I just chacked, and Fed has 13 (Doha, AO, Dubai, Davic Cup, RG, SW19, OGs, Rotterdam, Halle, IW, Miami, Madrid and Rome) and Novak has 11 (AO, RG, SW19, IW, Miami, MC, Madrid, Rome, Toronto, OGs and Dubai). Even not counting Feds Davis Cup, he still played 1 more tournament than Novak. And then some Fed fans say Novak is vulturing but the weakest tournament he played was the strongest 500 of the season.
My mistake. I assumed the 12 you gave for Djokovic was correct because I thought you would have paid better attention to him.

ATP includes mandatory tournaments not entered in their total. That is why their numbers are too high.

And for the record, I have never used the word "vulturing" when talking about Djokovic. Nor have I felt tempted to do so. I think this argument is ridiculous.
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #275
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrrr View Post
Nadal would only beat Fed on dirt these days

Last time I checked this thread wasn't about Nadal but of course you can say that now since Nadal is injured. A non-injured Nadal, as history has shown us, would bead Fed anywhere: on clay, on grass, on HC (except indoors).

Quote:
Fed's been by far the best player this year but skipping two Masters events, Monte and Toronto, as well as that poor defeat to Roddy in Miami has hurt his chances in the race to #1

Fed isn't by far the best player this year. The best player this year is Djoker since he won the biggest tournaments out of the Top Players which are AO and Miami. No one forced Federer to skip Canada or Monte Carlo.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:03 PM   #276
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrrr View Post
Nadal would only beat Fed on dirt these days
outside indoors Nadal owns Fed and always will..I know you are butt hurt by that but deal with it
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:07 PM   #277
country flag Sanya

Sanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
not holding much hope for Muzza in Cinci, he doesnt sound sure of his knee

didnt Nole play too well? reading Nole Fan and others they said he was playing like Nole 3.0
He was solid all the week, focused and strong. But I didn`t see there any signs of Djokovic 2.0. Year ago Novak could walk on water. Nothing even close now, "just" a very good play. What isn`t bad thing for sure.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #278
country flag Sanya

Sanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Fed isn't by far the best player this year. The best player this year is Djoker since he won the biggest tournaments out of the Top Players which are AO and Miami. No one forced Federer to skip Canada or Monte Carlo.
Did I miss something? Wimbledon isn`t the most important tournament of the year anymore?
Old 08-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #279
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanya View Post
Did I miss something? Wimbledon isn`t the most important tournament of the year anymore?

Yeah, you missed something. 20 years ago, what you said was true, but nowadays all the Slams have the same value.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #280
country flag Deep Return
Banned!

Deep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Return has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
I didn't invent the nomenclature, I am just using it like the poster I am.responding to did.

As for Nole 2.0 lasting only one season.. you wish. Nole is just the type of player who needs breaks between goatness. If Nole 2.0 were to last that long without breaks, he would be the goat. And we don't want that, do we?
You should wait first to see the second goatness before you start talking about breaks between it

So far it was just one...so if it is a break before he has second one it is a loooooong break.
Deep Return is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #281
country flag yesyesok

yesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond repute

I think people read far too much into defending point, this nonsense that post US Open Federer has 'so many points to defend'.

The smarter folk just look at the YTD rankings, and Djokovic is what? 600 ahead. So really you can't say one is in a much stronger position, (when you consider that Djokovic *should* be tired and Federer *should* be clear favourite for Cinci), so if one of them wins the US Open then they will be in the strongest position and can only lose YE#1 after that.

I don't think either of them will win the US Open, and it could come down to London.
yesyesok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #282
country flag Sanya

Quote:
Yeah, you missed something. 20 years ago, what you said was true, but nowadays all the Slams have the same value.
Ok, but then why you wrote about AO and Miami as the most important tournaments? Oh well, too difficult for me.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #283
country flag Matt01

Quote:
Ok, but then why you wrote about AO and Miami as the most important tournaments? Oh well, too difficult for me.

Ok don't worry, I'll explain it to you again

The Top 3 players ATM are clearly Nadal, Fed and Djoker. Each of them have won one Slam this year (Nadal: RG, Fed: WI, Djoker: AO).

The next biggest tournament after the Slams this year has been, depening on how you see it, either the Olympics (which has been won by Murray who isn't Top 3 so it's irrelevant) or Miami, which has often been called the "5th Slam". I personally disagree with it being the "5h Slam" but it's one of the most prestigious and important tournaments (after the Slams) for sure. Therefore, Djoker has, compared to the other players of the Top 3, won the biggest tournaments this year.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #284
country flag Sanya

Quote:
Ok don't worry, I'll explain it to you again

The Top 3 players ATM are clearly Nadal, Fed and Djoker. Each of them have won one Slam this year (Nadal: RG, Fed: WI, Djoker: AO).

The next biggest tournament after the Slams this year has been, depening on how you see it, either the Olympics (which has been won by Murray who isn't Top 3 so it's irrelevant) or Miami, which has often been called the "5th Slam". I personally disagree with it being the "5h Slam" but it's one of the most prestigious and important tournaments (after the Slams) for sure. Therefore, Djoker has, compared to the other players of the Top 3, won the biggest tournaments this year.
Miami has bigger draw than main part of another Masters, due to this I can agree that Miami > Toronto or Madrid, for example. But the same story is about IW. Two the most prestigious Masters titles. Novak won Miami, but Federer got title in IW. Draw.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #285
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Miami has bigger draw than main part of another Masters, due to this I can agree that Miami > Toronto or Madrid, for example. But the same story is about IW. Two the most prestigious Masters titles. Novak won Miami, but Federer got title in IW. Draw.
Agree.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote