☼On the road with Grigor Dimitrov☼ - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-13-2012, 07:46 AM   #31
country flag kr1s71an

kr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ☼On the road with Grigor Dimitrov☼

Looks like Grigor will probably play doubles with Tomic in Bangkok. They are 1 ALT's in the entry list, but they will most probably get in. This will be interesting to see, but maybe they will need to reach higher stage of the tournament to put them on TV court
Quote:
Alternates
1 Dimitrov, Grigor (BUL)/Tomic, Bernard (AUS) 102

Singles: [Rank: #33, Highest: #33]
2014: W: Indian Wells Masters
2012: W: Rio De Janeiro CH

Doubles: [Rank: #94, Highest: #45], Partnering with YEBRA
2013: W: Chennai, Delray Beach, Tunis CH
2012: W: Dallas CH, St. Remy CH, Rio De Janeiro CH, Geneva CH
2011: W: Atlanta
kr1s71an is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #32
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

Patrick seems heavily occupied with his new star Serena. I hope Grigor could find a new coach who can 100% committed to him.

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Paire . Dimitrov . Thiem
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #33

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr1s71an View Post
Looks like Grigor will probably play doubles with Tomic in Bangkok. They are 1 ALT's in the entry list, but they will most probably get in. This will be interesting to see, but maybe they will need to reach higher stage of the tournament to put them on TV court
Too bad Jeremy dumped him otherwise Jim's ranking could help the team to get into the main draw. I'll be at Thailand Open everday with "Haide Grisha" T-Shirt and loud girlfriends

Old 09-13-2012, 10:59 AM   #34
country flag kr1s71an

kr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLighthouse View Post
Too bad Jeremy dumped him otherwise Jim's ranking could help the team to get into the main draw. I'll be at Thailand Open everday with "Haide Grisha" T-Shirt and loud girlfriends
That's great. Hope that you'll manage to take some pictures and share them with us

Old 09-13-2012, 07:58 PM   #35
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is good news as far as I'm concerned. Playing doubles will help his game and I was disappointed he did play more of it this year.
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:02 PM   #36
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I hope you have a great time and make as much noise cheering him as you did last year. Remember to take lots of pictures

I'm quite surprised by the pictures of Serena and Patrick. I had no idea they were seeing each other but I guess that will put an end to the rumours about her and Grigor.
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:47 PM   #37
country flag kr1s71an

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
I hope you have a great time and make as much noise cheering him as you did last year. Remember to take lots of pictures

I'm quite surprised by the pictures of Serena and Patrick. I had no idea they were seeing each other but I guess that will put an end to the rumours about her and Grigor.
I'm more concerned that Mouratoglou is now more coach to Serena (looks like he is even more than just a coach) than he is coach to Grigor and he is now like #2 on his list. When Grigor was playing in Toronto, Patrick was staying with Serena at the Olympics cheering her up from the box. Now he was again in Serena's box at the US Open, Grigor is now in Sofia ... I don't know how they are working together, but I think Patrick should be with Grigor preparing him for the next tournaments and it doesn't seem that way.

I just don't thing that Mouratoglou is the right person for Grigor right now, since he is not with him all the time .. and the more success Serena has in the future, the more time Patrick will probably stay with her, so my opinion is that Grisho has to get away from that academy as soon as possible.

I'm curious what do you guys think about that, because here in Bulgaria looks like a lot of people are sharing my opinion that he has to find another coach who is fully-committed and will be working only with him?

Last edited by kr1s71an : 09-13-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:28 PM   #38
country flag PiggyGotRoasted

PiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm more concerned that Mouratoglou is now more coach to Serena (looks like he is even more than just a coach) than he is coach to Grigor and he is now like #2 on his list. When Grigor was playing in Toronto, Patrick was staying with Serena at the Olympics cheering her up from the box. Now he was again in Serena's box at the US Open, Grigor is now in Sofia ... I don't know how they are working together, but I think Patrick should be with Grigor preparing him for the next tournaments and it doesn't seem that way.

I just don't thing that Mouratoglou is the right person for Grigor right now, since he is not with him all the time .. and the more success Serena has in the future, the more time Patrick will probably stay with her, so my opinion is that Grisho has to get away from that academy as soon as possible.

I'm curious what do you guys think about that, because here in Bulgaria looks like a lot of people are sharing my opinion that he has to find another coach who is fully-committed and will be working only with him?
Id quite like him to hire Larry Stefanki but isnt he coaching wawrinka right now?
PiggyGotRoasted is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:25 AM   #39

I don't like Patrick coaching Grigor from the start, he doesn't have a successful record with Jeremy, Baggy, or even Laura. These players have been improving in the ranking when they left him. Anyway, I find Serena taking Patrick away from Grigor is a good news. Finding a good new coach takes sometime, so papa Dimitrov may step in, like he does at times. I'll report to you guys as soon as I find out who's he's with in Bangkok.

PS. Serena's success (with Patrick) is overrated. She can win Slams with anybody when she puts her focus on training. Patrick just enjoys free publicity.

Old 09-14-2012, 05:00 AM   #40
country flag kr1s71an

Quote:
I don't like Patrick coaching Grigor from the start, he doesn't have a successful record with Jeremy, Baggy, or even Laura. These players have been improving in the ranking when they left him. Anyway, I find Serena taking Patrick away from Grigor is a good news. Finding a good new coach takes sometime, so papa Dimitrov may step in, like he does at times. I'll report to you guys as soon as I find out who's he's with in Bangkok.

PS. Serena's success (with Patrick) is overrated. She can win Slams with anybody when she puts her focus on training. Patrick just enjoys free publicity.
Yes, he is staying with Serena for the free publicity - to look like he is the reason she is playing really well right now. For me Mouratoglou is only concerned about his business and does whatever it takes to advertise his academy. I remember that I read an interview with Yanina Wickmayer and she said that she left the academy, because Patrick was coaching Grigor for most of the time ... looks like the same thing is happening now - looks like he is only concerned about Serena ...

In my opinion everything was going OK when Grigor was with McNamara, but I suspect that Patrick saw that Grigor was going up in the ranking and decided to make the change and to be his coach.