Mission Possible: Getting Back to the Top 100 - Page 19 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-02-2012, 03:32 AM   #271
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mission Possible: Getting Back to the Top 100

I don't like his tanking for a friend either but let's be honest our boy is far from 'clean' :P

I believe his poor level at the moment is a result of injury... we don't know if he's fully recovered or just starting the recovery... hence needs match play to put his form back on track.

It's good to see him play challengers (going through qualification!!!!), we all know how he hates these levels.

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Paire . Dimitrov . Thiem
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 04:24 AM   #272
country flag TravelingFanGirl

TravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond repute

We don't officially know he tanked for a friend, although it sure looks like it. I don't think he went into the match to tank it on purpose but he did get pretty pissed off with the officials during the match and could have got tired of it. Who knows. He played amazing in Liepaja and continued to play well in Orleans. That knee injury was certainly a set back but he's still in the tournament and that's great! It makes me sad that we almost lost him this year. He was seriously considering retirement but has gotten great support from family and friends which helped him decide to continue. I for one am going to be one of those people who encourage him! Hopefully he will continue to play well in this tournament, and the rest of the tournaments for the remainder of the season so to help his ranking position going into next year. Like Ernests has said, as well as a few other players, it does get harder and harder to play at a high level at the end of the year because players are starting to get really tired! I just hope for the best!
#ToNameAFew

Tennis rackets & Ernests Gulbis go together like Redshirts & Star Trek. #expendable
ask.fm/FangirlCourtney

Last edited by TravelingFanGirl : 11-02-2012 at 05:41 AM.
TravelingFanGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:44 AM   #273
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Ernests is playing the last match today against Grega Zemlja, the no.1 seed. I so hope he wins But he probably won't
Old 11-02-2012, 08:09 AM   #274
country flag bubi

bubi is on a distinguished road

i think he'll win because he's not supposed to,he doesn't have the favourite's pressure,altough his potential shouldn't even be compared to zemlja's,at least for now,apologize if this offended somenone it wasn't meant... but when it comes to ernests he lacks will and motivation,he doesn't like playing challengers but cannot win more than one match on atp,he cannot even win challengers,his ability to do that is not questioned,of course, but at the moment he acts spoiled,we all know that he can fight but he needs to fight a lot at the moment and he cannot give up because of a bad call or something like that... he's 24 now and he colud have 5 more years of highest level tennis,so he sholud start trainig as hard as it can be and accept that he has to go through the lower level tournaments and build his way up...
bubi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:55 AM   #275
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade08 View Post
We don't officially know he tanked for a friend, although it sure looks like it. I don't think he went into the match to tank it on purpose but he did get pretty pissed off with the officials during the match and could have got tired of it. Who knows. He played amazing in Liepaja and continued to play well in Orleans. That knee injury was certainly a set back but he's still in the tournament and that's great! It makes me sad that we almost lost him this year. He was seriously considering retirement but has gotten great support from family and friends which helped him decide to continue. I for one am going to be one of those people who encourage him! Hopefully he will continue to play well in this tournament, and the rest of the tournaments for the remainder of the season so to help his ranking position going into next year. Like Ernests has said, as well as a few other players, it does get harder and harder to play at a high level at the end of the year because players are starting to get really tired! I just hope for the best!
Alright,alright blind fangirl On the encouragement thing? Then why did I travel to Latvia? I've been here on mtf long before you I know what I see.

Of course he tanked,but he'll never admit it. It saddens me that a few people here seem at ease with 'their boy' doing what he did.

And the injury...he got some rehab from Novotny who is best at what he does missing just ONE tournament. And the twist of the knee in Vienna..again he decided he'd play on...cant make excuses if the guy decides to play on.

But he came to play at this level to rescue his ranking cos we know he's pissed with it His attitude to qualies is questionable though. He got lucky this time cos he was ranked high enough to get away with fucking up qualies. I cant make people understand that this attitude is not so great but it does NOT mean I don't back him!!

At least my posts get people talking. I don't care if people give me shit any more. I am still grieving the loss of a dear relative. People don't matter to me now. No-one can hurt me any more,at least not people here of all places

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:37 PM   #276
country flag gogrox
Banned!

gogrox has a reputation beyond reputegogrox has a reputation beyond reputegogrox has a reputation beyond reputegogrox has a reputation beyond reputegogrox has a reputation beyond reputegogrox has a reputation beyond reputegogrox has a reputation beyond reputegogrox has a reputation beyond reputegogrox has a reputation beyond reputegogrox has a reputation beyond reputegogrox has a reputation beyond repute

He won the second set thumbs up for the third
gogrox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:25 PM   #277
country flag gogrox
Banned!

gogrox has a reputation beyond reputegogrox has a reputation beyond reputegogrox has a reputation beyond reputegogrox has a reputation beyond reputegogrox has a reputation beyond reputegogrox has a reputation beyond reputegogrox has a reputation beyond reputegogrox has a reputation beyond reputegogrox has a reputation beyond reputegogrox has a reputation beyond reputegogrox has a reputation beyond repute

He WON
At the end he was again a bit struggeling, but finally he made it.. And his tennis and in generel how he moved was so much better than in Vienna.. Really nice to see him play like that..
Old 11-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #278
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

A nice win over a decent opponent I hope he gains more confidence with these matches and plays even better.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:41 PM   #279
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

Ernests beat the wall that is Zemlja. I think that wall got tired which helped. Semi-final...been a long time coming.

Old 11-02-2012, 10:40 PM   #280
country flag bubi

bubi is on a distinguished road

Ik so glad he won,hope he wins this,don't wanna jinx him... Meffert shouldn't be unbeatable for ernests,brands is probably toughest oponent at the moment,he played great in vienna,bettet than del potro in my opinion but we all know what ernests is capable of... If someone would describe last set and a half i would be grateful...
bubi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:30 AM   #281
country flag osmonde

osmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond repute

He was a break up in 2nd set 4-2 and lost it. But took it back towards the end with good serves and rallies. Last set he broke on the 4th game although he had to fight break points couple of times on the way. And at 5-3 serving for the match as well fought 3bp but kept his cool and closed it with relief.

I loved to hear his "Come on" every time he won strategic points with good passing shots, which means he kept his drive and belief.

Most of his errors came from his forehand...not new. And few times he came up to the net, he won the point, so he must do it more often.

It gave him 29 points for his QF

He is last on main court tomorrow not before 15:00pm local time vs Meffert, rk 191 and age 31.
osmonde is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #282
country flag osmonde

osmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond repute

He won his SF 6-3 6-2. Was consistent and patient with his shots. Only 4DF, not bad.
Don't know how he will deal with Brands tomorrow, but at least he has 48 pts in his bag.

He said in his post-match interview on court that he intends to play some more challengers before the AO...which could be good for his ranking.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #283
country flag but-it's-ok

Brands will be favourite tomorrow,despite coming from mp down today. I think Ernests will need a higher level to rise further,and must maintain the clutch playing he demostrated vs Meffert,and his fight/motivation/focus to be rock solid to have a hope of taking the title. Ernests in a final...can hardly believe I'm saying that after the farce against Andis in qualies.

Old 11-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #284
country flag gogrox
Banned!

Brands is a tough player, he plays very fast and he nearly beated Del Potro and in general played unbelievable in Vienna. Anyway ernests can do it
Old 11-03-2012, 06:57 PM   #285
country flag osmonde

Bratislava draw is out, on 1st rd ERNESTS plays STAKHOVSKY. Hum...got a bad feeling for that one after his 7 matches run this week, will he have the drive?

But last time they met in Davis Cup, Ernests won in 3 sets 6-0 6-3 6-1 So...let's hope.