Singaporean chat thread vol 4: Richard G 26 ans: le champion que la France attend ? - Page 122 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-15-2013, 03:26 AM   #1816
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Singaporean chat thread vol 4: Richard G 26 ans: le champion que la France attend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulzhan View Post
Oh, sorry, SW! Maybe it will be different when you will start working?
Pretty sure it will be more interesting

Quote:
SW, congrats with Serena's 17th GS! Both your faves are 17 times GS champions~
Thanks

Quote:
I am sick and tired of College Confidential
Why?
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2013, 08:50 AM   #1817
country flag gulzhan

gulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Singaporean chat thread vol 4: Richard G 26 ans: le champion que la France attend

Americans are such hypocrites! Never say what they really feel, only what is appropriate to say. I already know what they say to this or that. It makes my teeth ache!

How does my child survive in such a fake world?
gulzhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #1818
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

What do you mean?
Old 09-16-2013, 08:28 AM   #1819
country flag gulzhan

gulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond repute

They have many rules they never break. Even if they feel otherwise, they wouldn't admit it. I am not talking about something generally approved or disapproved but more trivia things.

For example, they say ranking of the school does not matter because every child is different and it's more important to find your match. Bull! I know Americans, they are the same as the rest of the world. No American would prefer some Ohio community college over Harvard precisely because of the rankings and prestige. But no, they will insist that they choose Harvard ONLY because their kid FELT like that, only because Harvard felt like the place he belong to!

And crap like that. We prefer to be more straight-- we say, hey, maybe I would feel more comfortable in Ohio but this is a chance I can't miss, after all it's Harvard, the most prestigious school in US!

As a result, many of our, Kazakstani, kids feel like no one is sincere here. They say-- they smile to you even if deep down they despise of you. Kids can feel that. I am fine with that. As one of my school-mates back in1993 said-- I prefer fake politeness to sincere rudeness But young people, well, they are non-conformists, they always prefer truth.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:12 AM   #1820
country flag silverwhite

Quote:
They have many rules they never break. Even if they feel otherwise, they wouldn't admit it. I am not talking about something generally approved or disapproved but more trivia things.

For example, they say ranking of the school does not matter because every child is different and it's more important to find your match. Bull! I know Americans, they are the same as the rest of the world. No American would prefer some Ohio community college over Harvard precisely because of the rankings and prestige. But no, they will insist that they choose Harvard ONLY because their kid FELT like that, only because Harvard felt like the place he belong to!

And crap like that. We prefer to be more straight-- we say, hey, maybe I would feel more comfortable in Ohio but this is a chance I can't miss, after all it's Harvard, the most prestigious school in US!

As a result, many of our, Kazakstani, kids feel like no one is sincere here. They say-- they smile to you even if deep down they despise of you. Kids can feel that. I am fine with that. As one of my school-mates back in1993 said-- I prefer fake politeness to sincere rudeness But young people, well, they are non-conformists, they always prefer truth.
So you prefer Americans to French people
Old 09-17-2013, 03:36 AM   #1821
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite View Post
You do?

London
Yes, from times when I was in Europe and wanted to stay there
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:38 AM   #1822
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Interesting thoughts, I don't necessarily disagree though of course you are generalizing a bit.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:03 AM   #1823
country flag gulzhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite View Post
So you prefer Americans to French people
In a day-to-day life yes. On streets, in shops, on stadiums, in metro. However, in a close circle-- among roommates, lovers and colleagues, let alone family, I'd prefer sincere rudeness to the fake politeness

I feel very comfortable to visit States for a week-two, but I am afraid I won't be able to live there. My daughter lives there and will live for at least 5 years more. That's hard for her. She feels isolated. Still, two years later.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:10 AM   #1824
country flag Smoke944

Quote:
In a day-to-day life yes. On streets, in shops, on stadiums, in metro. However, in a close circle-- among roommates, lovers and colleagues, let alone family, I'd prefer sincere rudeness to the fake politeness

I feel very comfortable to visit States for a week-two, but I am afraid I won't be able to live there. My daughter lives there and will live for at least 5 years more. That's hard for her. She feels isolated. Still, two years later.
That's unfortunate and surprising. Is she assimilated into the culture? If so I find it hard to believe she couldn't make friends unless she is very shy.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:10 AM   #1825
country flag gulzhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
Interesting thoughts, I don't necessarily disagree though of course you are generalizing a bit.
Sorry

Never met an American who'd say-- you know, I love money. Or-- I envy him/her! Or-- I hate this guy/girl, because he/she is rich/beautiful/lucky! Maybe because I am never close enough? This is something we, the Soviets, easily say! We feel so, everyone does! But now, try to persuade an American it's normal to feel envy or greed, they will argue with you with same passion they say Federer is the GOAT or Syria needs intervention. All of them have one opinion and are insulted if you doubt it. I feel like I sit on comsomol gathering in 1980! We at least had our kitchens where we took off the masks. Americans' never do, even on internet sites No wonder they have so many shrinks
Old 09-17-2013, 04:18 PM   #1826
country flag silverwhite

Speaking of the US...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthi...american-woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
Yes, from times when I was in Europe and wanted to stay there
When and where were you in Europe?

And where would you like to migrate to?
Old 09-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #1827
country flag gulzhan

Yeah, I've heard about that. I am also not sure this particular girl represents American beauty

The comments shouldn't be so rude though. Still, I'd rather them tell what they feel than hyde it
Old 09-19-2013, 01:08 PM   #1828
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Why would they call an Indian girl Arab though? LOL
Old 09-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #1829
country flag gulzhan

I guess they think India is located in Middle East

Americans were never strong in geography
Old 09-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #1830
country flag silverwhite

Quote:
Yeah, I've heard about that. I am also not sure this particular girl represents American beauty

The comments shouldn't be so rude though. Still, I'd rather them tell what they feel than hyde it
What is American beauty though? The US, like many other countries, is multi-racial and increasingly so, whether people like it or not