Looking for the right Amateur Racquet - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
country flag TBirdEd76

TBirdEd76 is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for the right Amateur Racquet

Good Morning,

I am new to the forum and I am looking for a new racquet. I am 26 and starting to get back into playing tennis a few times a week. I currently use a Wilson "L3" Match Pint "Oversize" 6000 Series "Light Alloy." It is probably close to ten years old and I want to treat myself to a new toy.

What would be a decent amateur racket? I am 6' tall and am about 175lbs.

Prince or Wilson?

What does "L3" and stuff like that mean?

Prince EX03 White caught my eye ($119.97 at Dicks.) What are the differences in the EX and 03 racquets? There are so many to pick from my head is spinning.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!
Ed
TBirdEd76 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
country flag dunlopkickserve

dunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for the right Amateur Racquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBirdEd76 View Post
Good Morning,

I am new to the forum and I am looking for a new racquet. I am 26 and starting to get back into playing tennis a few times a week. I currently use a Wilson "L3" Match Pint "Oversize" 6000 Series "Light Alloy." It is probably close to ten years old and I want to treat myself to a new toy.

What would be a decent amateur racket? I am 6' tall and am about 175lbs.

Prince or Wilson?

What does "L3" and stuff like that mean?

Prince EX03 White caught my eye ($119.97 at Dicks.) What are the differences in the EX and 03 racquets? There are so many to pick from my head is spinning.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!
Ed
Everything Dick's sells for tennis rackets is garbage and overpriced. You want the Head Radical Midplus, or Wilson KBlade if you are unsure what to get as these are fairly generic rackets. Just go online and get them there. Tenniswarehouse.com, tennisexpress.com, and midwestsports.com all have those rackets. Let me know if you need more help. Good luck.
dunlopkickserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote