Wtaw. [Volume II] - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-07-2015, 08:26 AM   #1
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wtaw. [Volume II]

Grass season now
HINGIS - KOURNIKOVA - DOKIC
DEMENTIEVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - MYSKINA - DAVENPORT - RUBIN - HANTUCHOVA - EVERT
PLISKOVA - BARTHEL - KVITOVA - KEYS - STEPHENS - GAVRILOVA - MUGURUZA - JANKOVIC - MIRZA
Supporting Tomic against Tennis Australia
Dmitry Verdasco is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2015, 10:30 AM   #2
country flag AnnaK_4ever

AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wtaw. [Volume II]

Kournikova turns 34 today.
17 years ago she broke into Top-10, 14 years ago she spent her last week in Top-10. My, how time flies...
1998 was the crucial year for her. If only she didn't choke away Miami final—got there by beating 4 Top-10 players and was 6-2 2-1 up against Venus before falling apart (44 UEs in second and third sets!!!). And then came that stupid injury in Eastbourne where she beat Graf but had to skip Wimbledon... She never got to back to that level of play afterwards.
AnnaK_4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 10:52 AM   #3
country flag Advantage_Set

Advantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaK_4ever View Post
Kournikova turns 34 today.
17 years ago she broke into Top-10, 14 years ago she spent her last week in Top-10. My, how time flies...
1998 was the crucial year for her. If only she didn't choke away Miami final—got there by beating 4 Top-10 players and was 6-2 2-1 up against Venus before falling apart (44 UEs in second and third sets!!!). And then came that stupid injury in Eastbourne where she beat Graf but had to skip Wimbledon... She never got to back to that level of play afterwards.
Thankfully she had time to star in Enrique's music videos.

Back to the Serena discussion, her antics are annoying, but so symbolic of the current state of women's tennis.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:05 AM   #4
country flag AnnaK_4ever

AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advantage_Set View Post
Thankfully she had time to star in Enrique's music videos.
She met him when her career was de-facto over. People forget that she actually worked her ass off to get back into Top-10 in 2000 but suffered another injury in February 2001. And even then she tried to stage another comeback in 2002, she finally even started to enter MM events and got her ranking up from outside Top-100 to Top-30. But in early 2003 she was injured again and this time it was the end.
So that's three major injuries and she was only 21 at the time.
Old 06-07-2015, 12:03 PM   #5
country flag Advantage_Set

Advantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaK_4ever View Post
She met him when her career was de-facto over. People forget that she actually worked her ass off to get back into Top-10 in 2000 but suffered another injury in February 2001. And even then she tried to stage another comeback in 2002, she finally even started to enter MM events and got her ranking up from outside Top-100 to Top-30. But in early 2003 she was injured again and this time it was the end.
So that's three major injuries and she was only 21 at the time.
Fair enough, I didn't watch tennis back then anyway, I was just teasing.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:07 PM   #6
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

1998 Miami I always find myself watching those highlights against Graf at Eastbourne and I always cringed when she lands on her hand going for that volley

If I could changed 5 results, it would Hingis 97 RG F, 99 RG F, 02 AO F, Dementieva 09 Wimbledon SF and that 98 Miami F.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
DEMENTIEVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - MYSKINA - DAVENPORT - RUBIN - HANTUCHOVA - EVERT
PLISKOVA - BARTHEL - KVITOVA - KEYS - STEPHENS - GAVRILOVA - MUGURUZA - JANKOVIC - MIRZA
Old 06-09-2015, 01:45 PM   #7
country flag Gliese581

Gliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG. bouchard just had one of the biggest chokes of the year

leading shvedova 4-6, 6-1, 4-0 and she loses 4-6, 6-1, 4-6

this is just to good. i really cant wait for wimbledon points to come off and her to drop out of the top 30.

very happy for slava to get the win too. she's such a likeable person with a beautiful game, unlike bouchard.
Gliese581 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 01:50 PM   #8
country flag Loosie

Loosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond reputeLoosie has a reputation beyond repute

She really needs to get here mental game in check. This is not the first time she let a big lead slip away. She was up 5-0 in a 3rd set a few weeks ago and nearly choked that one away too finally winning it 6-4.
Loosie is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 01:59 PM   #9
country flag AnnaK_4ever

I watched 2nd and 3rd set and I can't explain how it happened.
Bouchard seemed to be in TOTAL control, Shvedova looked out of it and totally helpless. Then Bouchard played one loose game on serve (at 4-1)—and everything changed. The crucial point turned out to be that at 15-all at 4-2. Shvedova stopped the rally after Bouchard's deep groundstroke, challenged and Hawkeye showed that the ball was indeed out—by a whisker. That was really a desperate move by Shvedova (her all previous challenges were wrong) but it paid off—she even smiled and clenched her fist like "YAS! AT LAST!"
Old 06-09-2015, 04:18 PM   #10
country flag Wojcirej

Wojcirej has a reputation beyond reputeWojcirej has a reputation beyond reputeWojcirej has a reputation beyond reputeWojcirej has a reputation beyond reputeWojcirej has a reputation beyond reputeWojcirej has a reputation beyond reputeWojcirej has a reputation beyond reputeWojcirej has a reputation beyond reputeWojcirej has a reputation beyond reputeWojcirej has a reputation beyond reputeWojcirej has a reputation beyond repute

Losing match from 4-0 in deciding set... I can only imagine how low her confidence has to be.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:11 PM   #11
country flag cinnabar

cinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond repute

Bouchard She has like one win since AO

~Nishikori~Dimitrov~Isner~Monfils~Robredo~
~Gasquet~Kohlschreiber~Klizan~Becker~Mannarino~
~Seppi~Nieminen~Haas~Estrella~Bolelli~Monaco~
~Melzer~Mahut~Mathieu~Herbert~Roger-Vasselin~Pouille~
~Kubot~McGee~Gombos~Eysseric~Chiudinelli~Tursunov~
cinnabar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 04:40 AM   #12
Dmitry Verdasco

Typical WTA. A beautiful marketable player, who obviously has game, is a flop headcase. This sport just can't win
Old 06-10-2015, 04:43 AM   #13
country flag Cloren

Cloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond repute

Even Shvedova can beat Bouchard
Cloren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 05:48 AM   #14
country flag MWW

MWW has a reputation beyond reputeMWW has a reputation beyond reputeMWW has a reputation beyond reputeMWW has a reputation beyond reputeMWW has a reputation beyond reputeMWW has a reputation beyond reputeMWW has a reputation beyond reputeMWW has a reputation beyond reputeMWW has a reputation beyond reputeMWW has a reputation beyond reputeMWW has a reputation beyond repute

I'm wondering does Bouchard have the worst stroke production in WTA? The way she strikes the ball makes it seem like she's swinging a heavy mace; not very fluid at all. Aggressive play but she's easily exposed when she gets deep balls or angled balls. I find it very unattractive and uncomfortable to watch at times.

KEI all the way!!!

'Air' Kei Nishikori | Maestro Federer | "Rusty" Hewitt | King Tsonga | Stan da Man | Jack Sock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Passion View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy-for-that View Post
QF Nishikori is a cakewalk, has nothing to hurt Rafa with on hardcourt. On clay Nishikori can hurt Rafa because he's quicker than Rafa, but on hardcourt Rafa hits through him like its nothing.Nishikori can only beat stupid dumb clowns like Djokovic.
Kei will blast Rafa of the Montreal courts so hard that he will land in Cincinnati .. He will not have to travel over there
MWW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:07 PM   #15
country flag MWW

MWW has a reputation beyond reputeMWW has a reputation beyond reputeMWW has a reputation beyond reputeMWW has a reputation beyond reputeMWW has a reputation beyond reputeMWW has a reputation beyond reputeMWW has a reputation beyond reputeMWW has a reputation beyond reputeMWW has a reputation beyond reputeMWW has a reputation beyond reputeMWW has a reputation beyond repute

Can't believe Radwanska got bagelled by Niculescu. Looks like the junkballing got to her.

KEI all the way!!!

'Air' Kei Nishikori | Maestro Federer | "Rusty" Hewitt | King Tsonga | Stan da Man | Jack Sock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Passion View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy-for-that View Post
QF Nishikori is a cakewalk, has nothing to hurt Rafa with on hardcourt. On clay Nishikori can hurt Rafa because he's quicker than Rafa, but on hardcourt Rafa hits through him like its nothing.Nishikori can only beat stupid dumb clowns like Djokovic.
Kei will blast Rafa of the Montreal courts so hard that he will land in Cincinnati .. He will not have to travel over there
MWW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote