From Silverer to Golderer - Roger Going for the Golden Swansong in Rio - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Will Fed play and get the gold in Rio

He will play Rio and get the Gold 22 25.00%
He will play Rio and miss out yet again 37 42.05%
He will not play until Rio 29 32.95%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2012, 10:55 PM   #61
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: From Silverer to Golderer - Roger Going for the Golden Swansong in Rio

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
too old

plus, couldn't do it in his fave surface. rio will be on clay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiTennis View Post
Toronto? it won't be after Wimbledon like this year?
The Olympic dates change. In '08, the OG was after Toronto.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2012, 11:24 PM   #62
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: From Silverer to Golderer - Roger Going for the Golden Swansong in Rio

do you think guys like stepanek, haas, hernych will still be around to try and qualify for 2016 Olympics? I hope so if it's played on indoor HC
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:41 PM   #63
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
do you think guys like stepanek, haas, hernych will still be around to try and qualify for 2016 Olympics? I hope so if it's played on indoor HC
Iron Mike will play his first olympics in Rio, it will be great. Haas will be there too, ofcourse.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:02 AM   #64
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chair Umpire View Post
Anyone who believes Roger is happy with the silver medal is in a deep denial state. He has failed at his best and last chance of achieving the Golden Slam.

Plus, he has been saying for years how much he wanted to win the gold medal in London.
Well, when he lost yesterday I thought he would have been devastated and I was so sad for him. But then I watched the medal ceremony, he kissed his silver medal a lot of times and was smiling. In the interview he sounded satisfied of his result and I know he's not that good in hiding disappointment, that's why I think that even if he wanted gold he might be happy with his silver medal.

He sounded really too much satisfied after he won the semis and he wondered if he had anything left emotionally for Sunday.

Well I guess he didn't have much left, both physically (atrocious footwork) and mentally (couldn't up his level or take his chances).
as he said Andy was the better player yesterday in many aspects of the game and deserved his medal.

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:16 AM   #65
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

He looked so fatigued out there. I don't think his legs will last him till Rio. But he will surely remain on tour for two more years. Hopefully, another slam in store.
“What a fate: to be condemned to work for a firm where the slightest negligence at once gave rise to the gravest suspicion! Were all the employees nothing but a bunch of scoundrels, was there not among them one single loyal devoted man who, had he wasted only an hour or so of the firm's time in the morning, was so tormented by conscience as to be driven out of his mind and actually incapable of leaving his bed?”
- G.S; before his inevitable demise
Roger the Dodger is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:25 AM   #66
country flag a_boy

a_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond reputea_boy has a reputation beyond repute

As Shirley Crabtree would say, "easy"
a_boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #67
country flag Orka_n
Banned!

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

He'll be too old. (Then again, if the "up-and-coming" youngsters keep on sucking this hard, who knows.)

But he'll be retired before Rio anyway probably.
Orka_n is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:32 PM   #68
country flag buzz

buzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond repute

I would be very surprised if Federer is still top4 at that time, so he probably won't be a top4 favourite. But still possible if he is around top10.

He needs to stay injury free and be very fit for a 35yearold. Than he has a chance which would still be smaller than at these olympics. But the next generation doesn't look that strong and I suspect Nadal Djokovic and Murrays style will not be age friendly so they will probably also be 'old'.
buzz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #69
country flag cmoss

cmoss has a reputation beyond reputecmoss has a reputation beyond reputecmoss has a reputation beyond reputecmoss has a reputation beyond reputecmoss has a reputation beyond reputecmoss has a reputation beyond reputecmoss has a reputation beyond reputecmoss has a reputation beyond reputecmoss has a reputation beyond reputecmoss has a reputation beyond reputecmoss has a reputation beyond repute

Haas is playing well at 34,why the hell Fed's not?

Of course,like Haas he'll not play a lot of matches but sometimes he can still play at very high level though.

At that time his current biggest rivals are almost 30 and the young ones aren't good enough.
cmoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:10 PM   #70
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

It seems that Roger may get to play another Olympics on HCs. Let's hope he manages to come through with the gold even at the ripe old age of 35 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by saviopr View Post
The president of Brazilian Confederation of Tenis already said that,

according some brazilian blogs. He said "They will be hard (the courts), according determination of COI

and ITF"

Here a source, in portuguese: http://blogs.lancenet.com.br/tenis/2...ta-de-floripa/

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On winning DC and its overall importance in the discussion for all-time greats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbis View Post
Davis Cup should never have really mattered in the GOAT discussion anyway since it's a team event. If you're talking about the GOAT singles player then you should mainly look at individual results.
If some unknown talent came out of some random tiny country (no chance to win DC) and won 20 slams, no one would give a single shit if that player didn't have DC. The fact is, success in DC is largely determined by what country you come from or play for in the first place, which most players haven't had any control over.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:12 PM   #71
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

hard courts? Good, another chance for Wogie, and another chance for Muzzah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:24 PM   #72
country flag Federer in 2

Federer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Outdoor?

ROGER FEDERER

'Roger Federer is the best ever' - Everyone else other than John McEnroe

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Nadal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Federer. Disgusting.
#NoBiasTho
Federer in 2 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:25 PM   #73
country flag Gagsquet
Banned!

Gagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond repute

Rogie will retire 2014 so this thread is pointless.
Gagsquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:28 PM   #74
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagsquet View Post
Rogie will retire 2014 so this thread is pointless.
interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:34 PM   #75
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

See? My sources in Brazil were correct.

Gustavo
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote