Kohlschreiber won't play at the Olympics due to adductor strain in the right thigh - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-29-2012, 10:12 AM   #121
country flag STUHL

STUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kohlschreiber won't play at the Olympics due to adductor strain in the right thig

Well he signed at contract with bet-at-home earlier this year, so he had to play Hamburg and kitzbühel and he sigened it when he wasn't nominated. But of course he should have withdrawn from Kitzbühel or at least tank early.
STUHL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2012, 10:16 AM   #122
country flag cardio

cardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kohlschreiber won't play at the Olympics due to adductor strain in the right thig

AJ, you are defending undefendable position here. Make a poll : was it smart to play Kitzbühel all the way until final ?, and admire results of it . You may be right though that perhaps he had different priorities than most of players . Maybe he didnt want to play Olympics in the first place, who knows ? But then he should have declared it ages ago to avoid confusion .

And I never said he was a lock to medal. I said he had good chance to fight for it: excellent results from grass , his confidence high and the best position in the draw he could get. No Federer, Djokovic, Murray, Tsonga in his quarter was major advantage, how often you get draws like this on important tournaments ?

Now we have even weaker top half than it was before and less interesting matches on Olympics. Ferru vs well rested Kohls in 2nd round would have been excellent match, now David has walking byes until Del Potro . I dont know how much Kohls won out of it and I dont want to know. What I know that fans and spectators lost .
cardio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:28 AM   #123
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

No, cardio you don't get it. I've explained the circumstances with the late nominations, his contractual obligations and making his schedule to cover the fact he wasn't nominated initially. No, he isn't among the very elite who can afford to tank early, especially in this event where his sponsor is the one that has the licence.

Anyone can be smart after the event, in fact this place is full of mensa members after the event. If you aren't willing to look at all the factors in the Kohli farce, then that's your problem.

Haase played Kitz won it and was able to make London.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:32 AM   #124
country flag Li Ching Yuen

Li Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond repute

No matter how many times you will repeat it some people will still chose to not understand it or even read the facts.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:27 PM   #125
country flag Nagime

Nagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond reputeNagime has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, Haase is in London, probably to take a walk and possibly to try anything with other people at the Olympic Village because no way he can be serious about getting a run there - of course, he have to try, but even ie knows that he has 0% chances.
Nagime is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:01 PM   #126
Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond repute

worst scheduling ever.

Beat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:07 PM   #127
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

AJ spreading the truth and making sense in this thread
Old 07-29-2012, 06:46 PM   #128
country flag Eden
Thanks for a great year

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kohlschreiber won't play at the Olympics due to foot injury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
I'm curious to hear what Tommy has to say about Kohli playing a tournament on clay the week before the Olympic Games...
Well, Tommy hasn't said anything yet but his manager Edwin Weindorfer was stated in the German media:

"There was no bigger goal for Tommy as the Olympic Games. Phillip Kohlschreiber and Florian Mayer obviously have a different attitude towards the Games which can't be shared by Tommy."

According to Weindorfer Tommy would be extremely disappointed about the whole situation.

Boris Becker also criticizes Kohlschreiber and Mayer. He said that the topstars Federer, Djokovic and Murray would have declared this tournament to the highlight of the season and he wouldn't understand why Kohlschreiber and Mayer see it differently. Becker added that he would have made a 3 weeks trainings camp to prepare for the Olympic Games if they had been in London during his career and wouldn't have travelled to Kitzbühel. He said that the withdraws from Mayer and Kohlschreiber won't be helpful to promote German tennis and that it wouldn't be a surprise than that the German ATP players wouldn't be as popular as the German WTA players...
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:46 PM   #129
country flag Wolfy

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Stupid fuck

Laura Robson Rank top 30
Rafa Hardcourt&Clay Goat
Wolfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #130
country flag Mateya
Mateja Seppieva

Mateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond repute

Kohli

I'm sure he could beat Kavcic on grass even without his leg.

Mateya's FAQ: Yes, I'm a girl. Profile pic is me. I watch and play tennis since 13 (1997). I don't play ITFs anymore, I have a job now. MTF-> uncovering my naughty side since 2007.
http://www4.slikomat.com/13/1210/88t-Mateja.jpg
Slovenia's finest: Grega Žemlja, Aljaž Bedene, Blaž Kavčič; Anže Kopitar, Goran Dragič, TINA MAZE, Melanija Trump, Mateja *********.
SLOVENIA - small but extremely dangerous.
Umag > Roland Garros
WTA tour Association of tennis players without variety and plan B.
Thanks for your votes.
Mateya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote