Will Rosol beat Federer in a Slam? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
country flag Sri

Sri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Will Rosol beat Federer in a Slam?

Tsonga beat Rafa AO'08, and did the same to Fed in W'11.
Soderling beat Fedal in '09 and '10 at RG.

Only a matter of time before Rosol gets his turn on Fed. No?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2012, 10:21 AM   #2
country flag Slade
Anti-Dull Alliance

Slade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Rosol beat Federer in a Slam?

Rosol will beat the world.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #3
country flag Houstonko

Houstonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond repute

Never. Rosol is useless against slice and variety of bounce, placement of far and near shots. It shows Rafa is a clay courter and lack variety.
Houstonko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:26 AM   #4
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

Federer will beat Rosol at the US Open.

He will then go on to win the title.
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #5
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Well if Fed played like he did against Youzhny and Malisse and Rosol played like he did against Nadal, then yes.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:33 AM   #6
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute

Rosol will be the next #1. You heard it here first.

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:30 AM   #7
country flag RForever
Banned!

RForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond repute

Lukas Rosol: When you want it, you can do it!

He made one of the biggest upset in tennis history. Lukas Rosol beat 11GS holder Rafael Nadal 6:7, 6:4, 6:4, 2:6, 6:4 in the 2nd round of Wimbledon. After many years Berdych and Stepanek were forgotten for a while. How is the life of Czech ball-basher?

Auto-moto Cars are my passion. I sold my Audi A5 this year and bought Range Rover Sport. It is better for longer tours and for going to mountain in winter time. For the summer time I bought myself Maserati Gran Turismo S few weeks ago. I got also a bike - Yamaha R6. When I got back from Wimbledon, I was going to meet some friend at Slapy and I broke my old speed record. How fast? I prefer not to tell...

Housing I have been living in Prague for 3 years now, got flat in Vysocany. There are the best training options in Prague.

Goal I am not one of those setting exact goals. I have only one goal each year - to stay healthy and keep my game on high level.

Czech sport agency We signed contract for 3 to 4 years few weeks ago. They will do my marketing starting next year. I will play league for Prerov this year and change to Sparta or Prostejov next season with training on Sparta.

Desedel (coach) Slava has been my coach for almost 5 years with one break. It is not easy with me, both being Lion signs. I am glad that he stayed with me and showed me better way. Unfortunatelly he can not travel with me too much due to his job in Brno and his family. I guess I am going to enforce my team for next season hiring new fitness trainer or physiotherapist.

Finance Tennis is a job. I am not doing it only for sport reasons but I want to make some money for the years after I retire. I play also foreign leagues when I can to cover the costs of flights and coach.

Head Some days I wake up and I feel I can beat anybody in the world. Other days I feel I will lose to anybody. I have to convince myself that I can do everything. I try different stuff, once ten friends of mine came to RG, we were holding our hands in circle and they are giving me their energy. They helped me like this to beat Melzer last year.... When you want it, you can do it! It works...

Marriage I wanna have kids one day and big family. It did not work our with Denisa but it was an experience. I am not hurrying up to another relationship. I have sport and I am ok with it now. Guy can have kids even when he is 40yo.

Streght Mental and physical strenght is everything in tennis. I have lot of energy. When I am hurt it is not as bad as when I do not have energy. I can refill it with friends, on water, on bike, in good company.

Strokes My strokes are based on power. My strong point is also serve and fast game from behind. I want to make my points by myself. I have no troubles with movement comparing to other tall guys on tour.

Weapon Speed of my strokes, opponents do not like this. Then confidence and belief. I know that when my things click I can play like against Nadal. Anything is possible.
RForever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #8
country flag TennisGrandSlam

TennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Rosol is GOAT
TennisGrandSlam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:36 AM   #9
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisGrandSlam View Post
Roger is GOAT
Fixed.
duarte_a is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:36 AM   #10
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RForever View Post
Lukas Rosol: When you want it, you can do it!

He made one of the biggest upset in tennis history. Lukas Rosol beat 11GS holder Rafael Nadal 6:7, 6:4, 6:4, 2:6, 6:4 in the 2nd round of Wimbledon. After many years Berdych and Stepanek were forgotten for a while. How is the life of Czech ball-basher?

Auto-moto Cars are my passion. I sold my Audi A5 this year and bought Range Rover Sport. It is better for longer tours and for going to mountain in winter time. For the summer time I bought myself Maserati Gran Turismo S few weeks ago. I got also a bike - Yamaha R6. When I got back from Wimbledon, I was going to meet some friend at Slapy and I broke my old speed record. How fast? I prefer not to tell...

Housing I have been living in Prague for 3 years now, got flat in Vysocany. There are the best training options in Prague.

Goal I am not one of those setting exact goals. I have only one goal each year - to stay healthy and keep my game on high level.

Czech sport agency We signed contract for 3 to 4 years few weeks ago. They will do my marketing starting next year. I will play league for Prerov this year and change to Sparta or Prostejov next season with training on Sparta.

Desedel (coach) Slava has been my coach for almost 5 years with one break. It is not easy with me, both being Lion signs. I am glad that he stayed with me and showed me better way. Unfortunatelly he can not travel with me too much due to his job in Brno and his family. I guess I am going to enforce my team for next season hiring new fitness trainer or physiotherapist.

Finance Tennis is a job. I am not doing it only for sport reasons but I want to make some money for the years after I retire. I play also foreign leagues when I can to cover the costs of flights and coach.

Head Some days I wake up and I feel I can beat anybody in the world. Other days I feel I will lose to anybody. I have to convince myself that I can do everything. I try different stuff, once ten friends of mine came to RG, we were holding our hands in circle and they are giving me their energy. They helped me like this to beat Melzer last year.... When you want it, you can do it! It works...

Marriage I wanna have kids one day and big family. It did not work our with Denisa but it was an experience. I am not hurrying up to another relationship. I have sport and I am ok with it now. Guy can have kids even when he is 40yo.

Streght Mental and physical strenght is everything in tennis. I have lot of energy. When I am hurt it is not as bad as when I do not have energy. I can refill it with friends, on water, on bike, in good company.

Strokes My strokes are based on power. My strong point is also serve and fast game from behind. I want to make my points by myself. I have no troubles with movement comparing to other tall guys on tour.

Weapon Speed of my strokes, opponents do not like this. Then confidence and belief. I know that when my things click I can play like against Nadal. Anything is possible.
hope he is enjoying that bike and every other treat coming his way

men who save tennis deserve the world and all thats in it.
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:39 AM   #11
country flag TennisGrandSlam

TennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
Fixed.
At least, there are two GOATs (Hrbaty, Corretja)
TennisGrandSlam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:47 AM   #12
country flag The Fearhand

The Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond repute

This is silly. Even if Rosol played like he did against Rafa he'd still be trashed.
I thought Nadal played horrible during this year Wimby even in 1st round..something was off.
There were plenty of moments where Nadal didn't take any risks with the forehand...Federer would have taken those chances and he'd make sure Rosol wasn't getting in his comfort zone. Rosol was attacking, Nadal wasn't and he was giving Rosol too easy placed balls which played to Rosols strength that match. Fed would've attacked relentlessly against Rosol, Rosol would never get the opportunity to play as attacking as he did...

So to sum up...no way.
The Fearhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:56 AM   #13
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisGrandSlam View Post
At least, there are two GOATs (Hrbaty, Corretja)
Silly me, and here I was thinking that greatness was measured by titles and weeks at #1.
Of course it's all about the H2H.

But Corretja is the GOAT, Hrbaty is not. Don't forget Corretja has a 3-2 H2H against Hrbaty.

GOAT = Corretja.
duarte_a is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:43 PM   #14
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe. If he gets hot and when Fed is too old to compete.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #15
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
But Corretja is the GOAT, Hrbaty is not. Don't forget Corretja has a 3-2 H2H against Hrbaty.
Well, what about...:
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Players/...=C344&oId=S741
Safin is the GOAT! Or perhaps....
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Players/...=S741&oId=S424
Now THAT must be the true GOAT.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote