Early Djokovic and his impressions - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-25-2012, 10:10 AM   #31
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Early Djokovic and his impressions

I've always liked his impersonations, so I don't understand the flak he drew over them.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #32
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RForever View Post
Give link to article how they were offended. I never heard about them taking it badly. I just think you are full of crap as usually.

Sent from my iPad using VS Free
Somebody is full of crap but it sure as hell isn't me.

http://www.goroger.net/interview/200...70909final.php
Q. Novak obviously has a lot of charisma off the court. He sort of won over the fans, and here in the media room he's very funny and quick wit. What do the players think of him? What's his reputation among the players on tour? What do you think of his personality?

ROGER FEDERER: Well, we don't talk too much about different players.

Q. What do you think of his personality?

ROGER FEDERER: Well, in the locker room he's always very respectful toward me, you know. He's pretty quiet. I only hear stuff. I didn't see the stuff he did on court the other day. I didn't see what apparently he did in the locker room either.

For me, these things, you know, I only hear. But people don't really talk about it. I know some guys weren't happy. I know some guys might think it's funny.

He's walking a tightrope, for sure. If fans like it, it's good for tennis, to be honest. It's good to have a character like him out there, there's no doubt.
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:02 AM   #33
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

And that's offensive how? Haters grasping at straws as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using VS Free
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:03 AM   #34
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post

Q. Novak obviously has a lot of charisma off the court. He sort of won over the fans, and here in the media room he's very funny and quick wit. What do the players think of him? What's his reputation among the players on tour? What do you think of his personality?

ROGER FEDERER: Well, in the locker room he's always very respectful toward me, you know. He's pretty quiet. I only hear stuff. I didn't see the stuff he did on court the other day. I didn't see what apparently he did in the locker room either.

For me, these things, you know, I only hear. But people don't really talk about it. I know some guys weren't happy. I know some guys might think it's funny.

He's walking a tightrope, for sure. If fans like it, it's good for tennis, to be honest. It's good to have a character like him out there, there's no doubt.
What? Did you link the wrong article or was first line of your post sarcastic?

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #35
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Hypnotize demonstrating once more he sees differently than the rest of rational world.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On beating weak era players in finals of slams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:11 AM   #36
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Hypnotize demonstrating once more he sees differently than the rest of rational world.
But it's always fun to have his unique perspective on things.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:23 AM   #37
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
What? Did you link the wrong article or was first line of your post sarcastic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
A certain level of intelligence is required to interpret passive-aggressive comments.
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #38
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A certain level of intelligence is required to interpret passive-aggressive comments.
Or bias.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #39
country flag Gagsquet
Banned!

Gagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond repute

Not offensive. Phoneyrer is innocent in this case.
Gagsquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:16 PM   #40
country flag The Fearhand

The Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

The Fearhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:24 PM   #41
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Or delusion. You have quite a lot of the latter, mind you .

This is all you need as proof as well. Gagsquet has sworn he'd try to piss off RF fans as much as possible and even he's acknowledging you're trying to stir shizz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagsquet View Post
Not offensive. Phoneyrer is innocent in this case.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On beating weak era players in finals of slams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:21 AM   #42
country flag 5555

5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute

That clip is another evidence that Djokovic has far more interesting personality than Federer.

Federer is boring.
5555 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:56 AM   #43
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

I think Novak Djokovic tries too hard to be funny, tries too hard to be liked. It doesn't come effortlessly to him and to me seems very forced, unlike many charismatic players in times gone by and even currently.
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #44
country flag bouncer7

bouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5555 View Post
That clip is another evidence that Djokovic has far more interesting personality than Federer.

Federer is boring.
Fed is so dull like 99% of his fans. Just look around here.
He has no life out of tennis same like his fans who have no life out of this forum. Simple as that.Dull support dull, law of nature.
bouncer7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:17 PM   #45
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
I think Novak Djokovic tries too hard to be funny, tries too hard to be liked. It doesn't come effortlessly to him and to me seems very forced, unlike many charismatic players in times gone by and even currently.
Not everyone can Safin, Ivanisevic, or Nastase.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote