Rafael Nadal expects to attain another shot at being the flag bearer in 2016 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #1
country flag Rafa is the GOAT

Rafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rafael Nadal expects to attain another shot at being the flag bearer in 2016

I know that there is a thread for only articles
But I was quit cheered up by this article after Toni said that Rafa maybe won't play in 2016
Rafa himself fully expects to and so do I.
I hope that by then he has achieved even more and proven that he is the GOAT
Winning Gold in the Olympics in 2016 and carrying the Spanish flag would mean so much to him and I just know that he will and that he'll prove that he is the GOAT
But for know, enjoy this article
By bettor.com
Quote:
Rafael Nadal expects to attain another shot at being the flag bearer in 2016 – Tennis News

Spanish hero, Rafael Nadal, is gutted by the fact that he will not be the flag bearer for the upcoming London Olympics at Wimbledon but he wishes to perform the duty in the next edition of Olympics that will be scheduled in 2016.

The Spaniard was forced to withdraw from the tournament due to a knee injury that erupted at the end of the second round exit at Wimbledon Championships. He was struggling from it for a long time but in July, the pain level enhanced so much that it triggered Nadal to skip the Olympics championship, the event that was ruled by him in 2008. He was suppose to step in as the defending champion for the gold medal campaign but fortune had written something else in his favour.

Nadal commented, “It was the most difficult decision which I have taken in my career and possibly the saddest. It was a unique opportunity so obviously I am sad. My goal now is to continue to work hard to try to have another chance in Rio in 2016. I hope I will be prepared to compete there and have another opportunity to carry the flag.”

On commenting about the new flag bearer, Pau Gasol, Nadal added, “I think he is a fabulous representative of Spain. I think Pau is an example for society and for all athletes. There is something special about Pau, I wish him the best and I hope he enjoys the experience a great deal.” Gasol is a basketball player and plays in Los Angeles Lakers.

Feliciano Lopez will replace the King of Clay at the grass court of All England Lawn Tennis Club during the Olympics and in the doubles category; Nadal is replaced by Mark Lopez. Initially, Marcel Granollers was teamed up with Nadal but now Lopez will heads on with his long time doubles partner in the hunt for the gold medal at London Olympics.
Rafa is the GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2012, 05:01 AM   #2
country flag born_on_clay

born_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafael Nadal expects to attain another shot at being the flag bearer in 2016

I hope he will manage to do it
64 Titles | 27 Masters 1000 |Olympic Games Singles Gold Medalist | 139 Weeks at no.1
3 year end no.1 | 4 Davis Cups | 699 singles match wins
born_on_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:52 AM   #3
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafael Nadal expects to attain another shot at being the flag bearer in 2016

its good that rafa still thinking of competiting in 2016

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:13 AM   #4
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

lol no