Clay Death Permaban: Consider rescinding please. - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 11:58 PM   #121
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clay Death Permaban: Consider rescinding please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
YOU were the one who called out Fed fans to be Nadal haters to start with.

Apparently, not just a reading/comprehension problem, but some kind of a memory disposition as well. I pity you.
I never denied that. I have not even denied that such a thing is somehow unfair by my part. But you only point me out in a thread full of hundreds of guys saying that Nadal is a doper without any proof, that his injury is a fake, and good for the game, or the best news of the year and many other delicacies. To do that it's, I repeat you, close to hypocrisy and tardiness. Anyway here we are talking about Clay Death. I am only asking you a bit more of prudence and empathy in attention of many posters who enjoy have a guy like him around here. After all you has the ignore feature.

God is killing me

Last edited by Kiedis : 07-26-2012 at 12:06 AM.
Kiedis is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2012, 12:35 AM   #122
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiedis View Post
I never denied that. I have not even denied that such a thing is somehow unfair by my part. But you only point me out in a thread full of hundreds of guys saying that Nadal is a doper without any proof, that his injury is a fake, and good for the game, or the best news of the year and many other delicacies. To do that it's, I repeat you, close to hypocrisy and tardiness. Anyway here we are talking about Clay Death. I am only asking you a bit more of prudence and empathy in attention of many posters who enjoy have a guy like him around here. After all you has the ignore feature.
Again what a comically hypocritical statement you make. We have the ignore feature, yet so do you, Clay Fail, etc..

If he could not stand us so bad over the past 4 years, he could have ignored us. If you have a problem with me Kiedis, ignore me since I'm apparently Taliban to you anyways

Yet the ignore feature was never used, so he was willing to respond back to posters who disagreed with him and ta dah, here we are today with him being permabanned. Mods will explain to you each time you have a problem especially with the same posters over and over that if you don't want problems and if you don't want to get banned for responding crap to them, then put them on ignore. I'm 1000% sure Clay Fail has gotten that memo more than once by the mods, so at the same time of obviously being a problem consistently, he didn't listen to the mods when they clearly try to offer an advice to avoid situations like now. Seems very logical to me.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:37 AM   #123
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
Again what a comically hypocritical statement you make. We have the ignore feature, yet so do you, Clay Fail, etc..

If he could not stand us so bad over the past 4 years, he could have ignored us. If you have a problem with me Kiedis, ignore me since I'm apparently Taliban to you anyways

Yet the ignore feature was never used, so he was willing to respond back to posters who disagreed with him and ta dah, here we are today with him being permabanned. Mods will explain to you each time you have a problem especially with the same posters over and over that if you don't want problems and if you don't want to get banned for responding crap to them, then put them on ignore. I'm 1000% sure Clay Fail has gotten that memo more than once by the mods, so at the same time of obviously being a problem consistently, he didn't listen to the mods when they clearly try to offer an advice to avoid situations like now. Seems very logical to me.
I'm not the one who is asking here your ban...

God is killing me
Old 07-26-2012, 01:04 AM   #124
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Some Fed-tardz are so annoying that even being a FedFan you can't stand them.

But IMO, the most annoying-hurtful fanbase isn't Federer's.

I don't include CD in that list, I think the guy is sometimes a dick and he doesn't respect some users, but I think what he did good for the forum is better than the bad things.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:23 AM   #125
country flag Kiedis

As I said before, this is a fans forum, so problem here aren't tards, or not the big one, but the haters. And maybe Nadal fanbase is full of tards, but other fanbase, the one who rule this site, is full of rabid haters and many times they seem more interested in bashing their heroe rivals than praise and support their own guy. That attitude will always goes to create problems.

In short, if anyone should be banned are the full-time haters, not the fans/tards.

God is killing me

Last edited by Kiedis : 07-26-2012 at 01:28 AM.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:33 AM   #126
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Agree. But what I said is the truth and you can't ignore it.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:38 AM   #127
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
If Clay Death is indeed responsible for the existence of such a place on MTF, to me it's further proof that he shouldn't be banned.
the people credited for the creation of the Castle have left that thread as it gradually turned into a one man show
habibko is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-26-2012, 01:41 AM   #128
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I honestly believe that you and some posters more here (orka_n, sunset_of_age, etc.) too often see the mote in your neighbor's eye and not the beam in yours. For example none of you scold angrily to a Fedtard ever, nor even the most despicable one but you are extremely sensitive with the rest of the tards... this behavior is just another form of extreme tardism, IHMO, so I don't take much account your opinion on this issue.
I guess you must have missed my posts when I ranted about the behaviour of some Federer fans when he's in the midst of a losing match, or when I called habibko classless when he mocked Murray for crying after losing Wimbledon (or whatever the incident was). I understand you don't stalk my posts, but please don't try to make silly blanket statements like that without having any factual basis for doing so.

Quote:
CD was a very simple poster. He returns fire to the fire, honey to the honey. I never saw him be disrespectful to someone who does not deserve it amply. You has for example this guy, the taliban aka HKz, who is the typical internet bad ass who insult people only for expressing an opinion only because he doesn't like it and then claiming respect when people put him in his place... if you have iron fist you can't have a glass jaw, it's that simple. First he insult people and then he runs like a rabbit to whine to the mods... disgusting.
Whether someone deserves his shit is subjective. What is completely objective, however, is your admittance that he does engage in flame wars with other posters (bolded part of your post) - and that's the whole point. Saying that he was provoked is no defence, especially since he apparently had a list of infractions, which means that he knew that he was treading on thin ice. Am I supposed to be sympathetic that he apparently didn't care and continued to do the things that got him those infractions in the first place? I would be...if he were a 12-year-old boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
This is a brilliant idea. Instead of dishing out permabans like some robot (i.e. oops limit of minor infractions reached = permaban), why not go with this very mature way regulating behaviour on the forum ? I think the rules and the process by which these are applied right across the board need to be reviewed. Please give Masterclass' suggestion some serious consideration.

One of CD's many contributions...the Castle, is an amazing place where fans of all players get along. There loads of Federer & Nadal fans there chatting away peacefully. The same cannot be said for GM. Completely different atmosphere. Of course this does not mean CD is exempt from the rules...but if it is true that mods do some deliberations before handing out a permaban, I would hope everything about the poster in question is taken into account.

Cheers scoobs for the update.
This isn't anything against the Castle, but I'd like to point out that the Castle isn't the only chat thread where fans of other players get along. Does Attention Seekers look like a Fedtard haven to anyone? Some of the posters in Rafachat aren't even Rafafans. The fact is that people are nice to each other in the Chat threads, and any disagreement that may arise is hardly ever about tardwars or fanbases or whatever.

Quote:
I readed the pots where CD allegedly harrased Sunset_of_age... and I agreed with him.

Nadal announces a injury which left him out of Olympics and what is the majority reaction here?

"Get well soon, champion?" Of course don't.

It was greatest display of lack of sportsmanship, unclassy behaviour, vileness and hatred I never seen before in a forum.

Hundreds of posters, a vast majority, saying thinks like "he is faking it", "he fears doping test", "good for the game", "the best news ever" and more and more.

While all of this BS was being said Sunset_of_age and other allegedly unbiased MTF members were silent, not a single reproach, but when a pair of posters writed that Fedtars were being unclassy she, swift and fast, pointed out us angrily that this was unfair with all Federer fans ... Come on, it's like if a little guy is being bullied by three bigger thugs for years while you keep silent and when finally he defends himself you say him that violence is bad and he should be ashamed. Perhaps the phrase is true, but as CD said, on the context she writed it is pretty close to hypocrisy.
My first post in that thread was something along the lines of "sad news. At least he's already won the gold medal". My second post in that thread was my post in response to Ash86's stupid post, which generalised the entire Federer fanbase of which I am a part. Obviously I should never have responded, and believe me, Ash86 is on my ignore list; but how does that justify CD's personal attack against me? Not only was it quite uncalled for, it was even slightly sexist. He could have made the same point without saying it the way he did. The fact that he chose to, despite how I never really had any real problems with him before that, shows a lot about his mentality as a poster - he's a tard, he's usually only nice and respectful or whatever to people that agrees with him in GM (note - IN GM), he has the tendency to bully other posters. I don't really care whether all this merits a permaban, but I find the outrage over his ban quite hilarious considering he's not exactly the poster boy for a quality MTF poster towards whom all others should aspire.

Also, the fact that you agree with CD's response which was essentially a senseless personal attack against me that went on for a lot longer than it should have says a lot more about you than you think it does. I actually think you're an okay poster, which is why you're not on my ignore list. But this blind defending of a poster whose posting style in GM is pretty questionable is making you look pretty silly.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)

Last edited by tripwires : 07-26-2012 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Grammar
tripwires is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-26-2012, 01:49 AM   #129
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Look, everyone is delusional. Happy now?
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-26-2012, 02:11 AM   #130
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As I said before, this is a fans forum, so problem here aren't tards, or not the big one, but the haters. And maybe Nadal fanbase is full of tards, but other fanbase, the one who rule this site, is full of rabid haters and many times they seem more interested in bashing their heroe rivals than praise and support their own guy. That attitude will always goes to create problems.

In short, if anyone should be banned are the full-time haters, not the fans/tards.
hating a tennis player for whatever reason isn't against the rules (let alone for the right reasons), there are rules set for the limits of hate speech here (racism, wishing death/injury), anything below that is as permissible as loving a player, if you can't take the criticism and ill-feelings, this place isn't for you
habibko is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-26-2012, 02:29 AM   #131
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterclass View Post
Ah, Kat, I guess you may have misunderstood me. Sorry If I was not clear. I said "more of a reward system for being a good poster in addition to the punishment system" from the penalty system. So this reward (whatever it is) would apply to ALL posters, including and especially the "saints" who never have had a single warning or infraction. They would be rewarded the most, obviously...
Respectfully,
masterclass
Well, I still don't agree with rewards for following the rules; that's simply expected, normal behaviour (not 'good' behaviour). I don't mind the idea of "working off" some of your penalties -- at least in theory. I don't know what the virtual equivalent of cleaning the toilets would be. Not sure how 'community service' would work online. But I'm willing to hear ideas.

(Also, vcash is meaningless to those who don't bet.)
Old 07-26-2012, 02:32 AM   #132
country flag Kiedis

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
I guess you must have missed my posts when I ranted about the behaviour of some Federer fans when he's in the midst of a losing match, or when I called habibko classless when he mocked Murray for crying after losing Wimbledon (or whatever the incident was). I understand you don't stalk my posts, but please don't try to make silly blanket statements like that without having any factual basis for doing so.
I'm talking about a thread where a majority of people celebrating with a mixture of joy and hate that a player, one of the best objectively playing this game ever, was injured. Did you say something about those posters? No, you didn't. But you were pissed off because a few Nadal fans got angry when they watch such bizarre spectacle. Well, by your words at least I just know that besides being a Federer fan you aren't a Murray hater.

I can assure you that if Federer one day is injured and I see a similar behavior in so many Nadal fans I would be the first in feel ashamed, and certainly I would not dare to criticize anything Federer fans could said in such circunstances.

Quote:
Whether someone deserves his shit is subjective. What is completely objective, however, is your admittance that he does engage in flame wars with other posters (bolded part of your post) - and that's the whole point. Saying that he was provoked is no defence, especially since he apparently had a list of infractions, which means that he knew that he was treading on thin ice. Am I supposed to be sympathetic that he apparently didn't care and continued to do the things that got him those infractions in the first place? I would be...if he were a 12-year-old boy.
Recently a guy was banned because he has a double account. I thought that you were not very happy with the mods here. I'm glad your opinion has changed so radically.

Quote:
My first post in that thread was something along the lines of "sad news. At least he's already won the gold medal". My second post in that thread was my post in response to Ash86's stupid post, which generalised the entire Federer fanbase of which I am a part. Obviously I should never have responded, and believe me, Ash86 is on my ignore list; but how does that justify CD's personal attack against me? Not only was it quite uncalled for, it was even slightly sexist. He could have made the same point without saying it the way he did. The fact that he chose to, despite how I never really had any real problems with him before that, shows a lot about his mentality as a poster - he's a tard, he's usually only nice and respectful or whatever to people that agrees with him in GM (note - IN GM), he has the tendency to bully other posters. I don't really care whether all this merits a permaban, but I find the outrage over his ban quite hilarious considering he's not exactly the poster boy for a quality MTF poster towards whom all others should aspire.

Also, the fact that you agree with CD's response which was essentially a senseless personal attack against me that went on for a lot longer than it should have says a lot more about you than you think it does. I actually think you're an okay poster, which is why you're not on my ignore list. But this blind defending of a poster whose posting style in GM is pretty questionable is making you look pretty silly.
So you branded Ash86's post as stupid while you are talking about CD's inclination for flame wars... well, what he said you exactly? Something like 'your behaviour if we having all circunstances into account was close to hypocrisy'? Excuse me, but I've seen far more rude behaviors in GM, yours and mine included.

By the way, Ash86 is one of the best posters of this site. Too bad she is a Nadal fan, I guess. As I could see you are more in favor of tennis eminences, well educated members and unbiased posters like big-jhon, samanosuke or looner

God is killing me

Last edited by Kiedis : 07-26-2012 at 03:10 AM.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:32 AM   #133
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This isn't anything against the Castle, but I'd like to point out that the Castle isn't the only chat thread where fans of other players get along. Does Attention Seekers look like a Fedtard haven to anyone? Some of the posters in Rafachat aren't even Rafafans. The fact is that people are nice to each other in the Chat threads, and any disagreement that may arise is hardly ever about tardwars or fanbases or whatever.
Well, I am rafa fans, but I was not being welcomed there. I saw some posters laughed at the people who posted in the Castle as being foolish something. Was only foolishness or blind worshipping of my long time friend that lead me visit the Castle thread? Not really (and actually I don't have a lot of posts there), the atmosphere is good and even fed & Rafa fans get along there, and in fact, every one is being welcomed, even Rafa's haters.

Even as a rafa fans is not being welcomed in the chat thread of his own forum, so where-else can I go if i just want to have some casual chat? Just call me foolish if they like

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.

Last edited by Mimi : 07-26-2012 at 02:48 AM.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-26-2012, 02:33 AM   #134
country flag swisht4u

swisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond repute

I come to this forum now and then.
I've known CD's posting style for some time now.
Over the years I've read many of his posts and threads, the content was intriguing and it was one of the main reasons I come here.

From what I could see as a relative outsider is that his posts and threads are a huge credit to this forum.

Many of the threads are very entertaining and there is a strong response to those threads.
I would consider the thread creation of CD one of the best sources of conversation I've seen in any tennis forum.

It's true he can be opinionated and has a list of names he likes to throw around, for me it is more entertaining but I could understand if others thought differently.

For a perm ban I would think would be for a poster who adds little value to the forum,
has little redeeming value in his posts.

One who tries to blindly only follow his own player and has little regard for fans of other players.

One who doesn't contribute to the general analysis of a players game other than who he supports.

CD doesn't fall into these catagories, he is a unique poster that comes around in a great while.

The contribution far outweighs the negatives, there's no arguing this point.

Everyone one knows how much time CD spends on this site, he has quite a bit of passion for posting here and it probably means more to him than most other posters who don't seem to care what happens.

He has friends here and enjoys conversing with them. An important point.

The people who have come to know CD on a more personal level are also being deprived, they won't find the one who they've known for so long. They should also be considered.

I hope the moderators take these points into account, don't throw away a poster like this.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXÈ

Federer

Del Potro

Gulbis

Janowicz
swisht4u is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-26-2012, 02:38 AM   #135
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Recently a guy was banned because he has a double account. I thought that you were not very happy with the mods job here. I'm glad your opinion has changed so radically.
Yes. May be logical & a few other posters also just created the double accounts to fool around, just stupid but inoffensive, but what did he get? A permanent ban.

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.

Last edited by Mimi : 07-26-2012 at 03:31 AM.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread