Clay Death Permaban: Consider rescinding please. - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 10:28 AM   #76
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clay Death Permaban: Consider rescinding please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post

Are bans determined on which conflicted group has more clicks on the report button ? What is the purpose of mods then? Where is the human insight in all of it? What happened to hearing both sides' arguments?
No, they throw darts and whoever's name is hit gets banned. What part don't you understand that this decision is being reviewed. Yes, it's been reviewed by deaf and mute monkeys.

Lets see how many warnings and infractions does it take. That's right the classic one more chance syndrome all of the time.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2012, 10:44 AM   #77
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
No, they throw darts and whoever's name is hit gets banned. What part don't you understand that this decision is being reviewed. Yes, it's been reviewed by deaf and mute monkeys.

Lets see how many warnings and infractions does it take. That's right the classic one more chance syndrome all of the time.
Deaf and mute monkeys? I'm not sure whether to believe you.

The mess GM is in is definitely the management's fault. Don't take it personally, AJ. Some change in the system is needed.

And no, I don't think this is a 'one more chance' plea at all. This ban never should have happened in the first place.

EDIT: corrected 'mods' into 'management'
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.

Last edited by finishingmove : 07-25-2012 at 10:55 AM.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-25-2012, 11:33 AM   #78
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

No need to exaggerate with the pointless hyperbole.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-25-2012, 11:36 AM   #79
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
No need to exaggerate with the pointless hyperbole.
Of course CD was perfect and never had issues, bans or infractions.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 07-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #80
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
Deaf and mute monkeys? I'm not sure whether to believe you.

The mess GM is in is definitely the management's fault. Don't take it personally, AJ. Some change in the system is needed.

And no, I don't think this is a 'one more chance' plea at all. This ban never should have happened in the first place.

EDIT: corrected 'mods' into 'management'
Don't ban, people whine. Then when someone is banned, there is whining. Not like banning decisions are taken lightly, doesn't matter whether people believe it or not but that's the case.

You insinuating that he was unaware of infractions, previous bans which accumulate over time? You don't know what the infractions he received and what they were for.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1

Last edited by Action Jackson : 07-25-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:25 PM   #81
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the great contributions in this thread. Finishingmove and masterclass wrote a masterpiece I fully agree with.

Thanks for tripwires, leng jai, Sunset of Age and orka_n as well although I disagree with your posts.

I admit that I put effort into this because I like(d) CD a lot and that I could consider him as a friend, if the term friend is appropriate on a forum. If this was a poster I didn't have a connection with, I wouldn't even have bothered to put effort into this but I too think that the ban policy should be revised.

To ban somebody permanently is unfair in my opinion. You always gonna look at the number of strikes before you ban someone permanently and there are a lot of worse trolls / offenders on this site who doesn't even get reported. You have these far worser trolls who are getting ignored or other posters don't even take effort in reporting them thus they stay to pollute this forum. So what's the barometer on judging this?

Just looking at CD's case, I don't know what the actual "final deed" was but it's also stupid from him to get provoked and got dragged into a discussion with filthy words spreading with another. He is a grown man for God's sake. I, and with me a lot of other people have warned him not do to this so if he caught up in a GM fight again, that's just dumb. Maybe there is an option like Nathi said; give him space in the Chat threads (where he is respectful and kind) and ban him from the GM section.

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Bĺstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-25-2012, 02:28 PM   #82
country flag Xristos

Xristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond repute

Unban Clay Death.

It's the right thing to do.
Pick-A-Winner (PAW) #33 2014 Gerry Weber Open WINNER
Xristos is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-25-2012, 02:49 PM   #83
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
if the grounds of popularity/contribution vs. vices are to be considered to bring him back, mods must also bring back posters like prima donna, its.like.that, GlennMirnyi and dylan24 (and to a lesser extent The Magician and Federers_Mate)

if memory serves me right, CD has been permabanned before and got his ban reduced to 6 months
prima donna should come back.

its.like.that should come back.

Glenn Mirnyi was an arseclown, but he also should come back.

dylan24 should DEFINITELY come back, that dude was fucking hilarious.

Magician and Fed's Mate were harmless mugs, I still don't understand why they were banned.

Why? "Multiple and repeated infractions?" Who gives a shit? Forgive and forget. I don't think anyone should ever be permabanned. It is like the death penalty for MTF posters. Give them a few months, and bring them back.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #84
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You mean dylan, Jaap, joebuk, its.like that for starters?
Bring em all back.

Start da Game too.

Quote:
Old 07-25-2012, 03:19 PM   #85
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post

Magician and Fed's Mate were harmless mugs, I still don't understand why they were banned.

Why? "Multiple and repeated infractions?" Who gives a shit? Forgive and forget. I don't think anyone should ever be permabanned. It is like the death penalty for MTF posters. Give them a few months, and bring them back.
Let's bring the racists, the death wishers, the whole lot of them back? That's never gonna happen, I can tell you that much for starters.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-25-2012, 03:38 PM   #86
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post

Yes, let us bring them back onto the site. Can you fathom the amount of additional spam that several of those posters generate? Take Start da Game for example, he never instigated any arguements by mocking every tennis player on the planet not named Rafa Nadal or Pete Sampras, right? Half the time he was mocking a player causing another poster to respond, and then a few minutes later, the thread has doubled in size with spam/harassment/stupidity. More work for mods to give out temp bans, clean up threads, etc.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #87
Future ATP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Let's bring the racists, the death wishers, the whole lot of them back? That's never gonna happen, I can tell you that much for starters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
Yes, let us bring them back onto the site. Can you fathom the amount of additional spam that several of those posters generate? Take Start da Game for example, he never instigated any arguements by mocking every tennis player on the planet not named Rafa Nadal or Pete Sampras, right? Half the time he was mocking a player causing another poster to respond, and then a few minutes later, the thread has doubled in size with spam/harassment/stupidity. More work for mods to give out temp bans, clean up threads, etc.
Perhaps I am too forgiving. Or perhaps I just want to watch the world burn.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/21894282.jpg

Quote:
Old 07-25-2012, 04:14 PM   #88
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

Dylan, Jaap, Prima Donna, The Magician, Glenn - I'd happily see any of them back. But not SDG or Fed's Mate - they were horrific trolls.

As for Clay Death, it simply is not true that he was rude & aggressive only when provoked. He was frequently rude & aggressive with people who innocently imagined they got on well with him, just because he disagreed with them. I don't see how anybody who has read tripwires's 1st post in this thread can see the guy as anything other than an unpleasant bullying creep. On top of that, he spammed the forum remorselessly with tedious repetitive shit & without exception, stood up for every egregious Rafatroll no matter how idiotic their comments while himself pretending not to be a tard. Whether that means he should be permanently banned I don't know, but the argument that you shouldn't be permanently banned for persistent minor offences doesn't stack up. This is essentially a club, not a society with a legal system, and clubs are under no obligation whatever to tolerate the presence of people who make it a less pleasant place for others. I would also question whether bullying other posters is a minor matter.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:45 PM   #89
country flag ~Maya~
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if CD deserved to be banned since I am not aware what finally led to it. He had his moments for sure. But there are a few posters here that were creepily stalking him for years, and he was often the target of very clever provocations. On top of that, I had an impression that there were some people constantly following him just to find an opportunity to report his posts.

I wouldn't compare him to the likes of Dylan, Jaap, Prima Donna, The Magician and ILT
~Maya~ is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-25-2012, 04:58 PM   #90
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Of course CD was perfect and never had issues, bans or infractions.
And now that he's banned, everything's perfect.

Trollolol.

As for dylan, Jaap and the others, Nathaliia made a good post about that issue and how it's different.
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread