Clay Death Permaban: Consider rescinding please. - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 07:00 AM   #46
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clay Death Permaban: Consider rescinding please.

he does need to be more mature and control his temper and i hope the mods can give him another chance to imrpove.

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2012, 07:16 AM   #47
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

If you can't control your temper on an internet forum then your real life social interactions must be pretty dire. It's more like it has nothing to do with his temper and he responds to the provocation by choice because he enjoys it.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-25-2012, 07:28 AM   #48
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

"I'm not going to say whether he should be permabanned or not"

Well, I think you have already made it clear that he deserved it. As far as I know, he didn't treat you without respect so I am a bit surprised that you are adding more fuel into the burning fire. But then anyway, you are entitled to your opinion

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:38 AM   #49
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
If you continually break the rules for an extended period of time you're going to be permabanned eventually. If you look at his posting style it's pretty easy to see he probably would have had about 20+ infractions over his MTF career and a few temporary bans.

For the castlers who claim he was never abusive unless provoked - that is absolute rubbish. Most of his "clay warrior" threads were just circle jerks among his buddies with a my way or the highway mentality. How many threads did he asked the mods to "take out and have some random animal relieve itself on" just because he saw it as a Nadal hate thread?

I'm not going to say whether he should be permabanned or not. Do any of us really know how many bans or infractions he collected? We don't. The assertion that he shouldn't be banned for bunch of "minor" offenses is absurd. Why should you be allowed to stay if you continually break the rules and show no sign of stopping? He's been doing this for years now, it's not something new. Realistically if the mods got real CD should be the first of a whole list of permabans. MTF has a ridiculous amount of posters whose only purpose is to troll and provoke their opposing tard bases.
I didn't really want to get involved in commenting among opinions here, but I'll make one exception in this case because it provides an example of one of my main policy complaints.

leng jai, your assertion by inference that someone should be permanently banned for x number of "minor" offenses is similar to saying that an individual comitting x number of misdemeanors offenses should result in life imprisonment, simply because enough is enough. No, "the punishment should fit the crime" logic should be held to here. If he violates a minor offense, give him the appropriate penalty for that. Repeated offenses for that minor offense should result in elevated penalties, but never to a level for a more serious offense. For example, violation escalation should be warning, infraction, 1 week ban, 2 weeks, etc. up to an appropriate maximum - say 1 month. Continued violations should then result in that maximum penalty repeatedly applied.

I realize this is not a court of law, and the owners and administrators have the right to run it in the way they please, but it seems to me that good judgement goes a long way in keeping a site like this open and commentary freely flowing while still providing a measure of control without censorship.

Another example of good judgement I know of, since it was well publicized, was when you got a reprieve for what is considered here to be a rather serious offense - Double account.

I think in your case, the sentence was eventually rightly judged to be overly harsh and reduced.

You should at least be sympathetic to judgements not being made purely by the numbers.

Respectfully,
masterclass
masterclass is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-25-2012, 08:17 AM   #50
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Just to let you know this thread isn't being ignored - I have read all the contributions and they will be discussed with the other mods. One of us will come back to you in due course with an update.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-25-2012, 08:20 AM   #51
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Just to let you know this thread isn't being ignored - I have read all the contributions and they will be discussed with the other mods. One of us will come back to you in due course with an update.
and why GlennMirnyi's thread has been ignored ?
Old 07-25-2012, 08:20 AM   #52
country flag Mimi

thanks scoobs

Old 07-25-2012, 08:26 AM   #53
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Scoobs for looking into it

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
I miss him too .He really improved his behavior I thought
Chirag is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-25-2012, 08:26 AM   #54
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
Which thread is this?
scoobs is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-25-2012, 08:33 AM   #55
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

or maybe limit to chat threads, tennis tipping and stuff?

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-25-2012, 08:34 AM   #56
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks scoobs.

Anyway, I can't add anything that hasn't already been said. Just that I think CD encouraged tennis discussion and objectivity in GM and was respectful to others who were respectful. Yes, he called people by silly and possibly offensive nicknames, but this was really just a select few who he never got along with, some of whom have posted in this thread, and even used a derogatory nickname against him in this thread. Anyone else just got the generic "ejacuzee" tag

Some are saying he got aggressive if someone disagreed with his opinions, which is simply not true. It was all about the manner in which it was done and who was doing it. Sure he may have been quick to resort to attacks, but only with known tedious haters. He didn't jump down the throats of reasonable and respectful posters, regardless of their viewpoints.

And that is not to speak of his contributions outside of GM, his number of posts and the fact he was a paying member of the forum.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-25-2012, 08:38 AM   #57
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
or maybe limit to chat threads, tennis tipping and stuff?
I agree with this actually
Chirag is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-25-2012, 08:42 AM   #58
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat__boy View Post
He didn't jump down the throats of reasonable and respectful posters, regardless of their viewpoints.
i can't speak for the others, but can for myself: i'm anything but a nadal fan, speak about it openly, and he's never insulted me, not even called silly for that

and i'm not even a castle member or something

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-25-2012, 08:44 AM   #59
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Which thread is this?
Original thread was obviously deleted. It name was " Rip GlennMirnyi " and it was opened by safin-rules-no.1

here is this one which wasn't deleted

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...mirnyi&page=18

interesting to see how some mods which weren't mods back then were supporting Glenn

and also it's interesting how the guy for who's mercy people begging here was making laugh from permbann. you know how people say " what you wish for somebody it will happen to you "
Old 07-25-2012, 08:48 AM   #60
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, he attacked other posters that didn't agree with his views, either on Nadal or Djokovic and thought GM was a personal fiefdom of his. No one is close to perfect, no he is not a martyr like it's being made out by some posters. He has been here for so long that he knew the rules.

It's not the International Criminal Court, as goldenoldie said there is an email address where he can state his particular case about the banning, plus it's going to be reviewed as well.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1

Last edited by Action Jackson : 07-25-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread