Clay Death Permaban: Consider rescinding please. - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 04:25 PM   #181
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clay Death Permaban: Consider rescinding please.

I can’t form an opinion on whether Clay Death should be banned or not because I don’t have the facts. When we only get vague reasons for a banning there are always going to be questions about a permaban of a poster who has been a regular on the board.

For me, Clay Death did several things that were annoying, irritating or maddening. For me his crude unfunny nick-names for posters were unnecessary and simply inflamed probably already bad relationships. I thought moderators should have put a stop to that habit long ago. Secondly, he insisted on his ministry of silly names (eg. pray for death, commander, old sport, etc.) despite being told in a very friendly manner that he was alienating other posters. Thirdly, he had a very strange, and that is putting it mildly, attitude toward women and posted stories which would lead one to believe that he engaged in date **** although I, for one, don’t believe he actually did those things. It was his stories about women that lost him any sympathy I might had dredged up for him.

I wish CD could have altered his manner on this board because there are obviously people who liked him and who had good interactions with him. He never was mean to me, and I didn’t really see his bad behavior beyond what I posted above, and I don’t think he was ever banned for any of those things, but I could be wrong because who knows what really goes on behind moderators’ doors.

P.S. I find it hilarious that people who argued for a ban to be reduced and evidently the beneficiary of those arguments, support CD’s banning. Who is to say CD’s infractions weren’t “harmless?” I don’t know what he did. Maybe the answer is hidden somewhere in the thread, but I didn’t see it.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2012, 04:31 PM   #182
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Compare Ajdeman to CD and tell me again you can't see the difference.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #183
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
Yes, let us bring them back onto the site. Can you fathom the amount of additional spam that several of those posters generate? Take Start da Game for example, he never instigated any arguements by mocking every tennis player on the planet not named Rafa Nadal or Pete Sampras, right? Half the time he was mocking a player causing another poster to respond, and then a few minutes later, the thread has doubled in size with spam/harassment/stupidity. More work for mods to give out temp bans, clean up threads, etc.
And you get to decide what's spam and what is not? No matter how intolerable or incorrect everyone has a right to their opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Compare Ajdeman to CD and tell me again you can't see the difference.
It's a violation all the same and I don't see any reason why it should have been reduced or demanded to be reduced given that the rule was set a long time ago.

Anyway, I don't think there is need to a permaban anyone on this site and you could always ban them for 6 months or so whenever the infractions accumulate.

It's also very amusing that all the people who say CD should have learned to control his temper and yet themselves fail to moderate their reactions to his posting style.
This is detachment -- 
when the old is over and the new has not yet come. 
If you are afraid, the state may be distressing, 
but there is really nothing to be afraid of. 
Remember the instruction: 
Whatever you come across -- go beyond.”
tennizen is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-26-2012, 04:52 PM   #184
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
Anyway, I don't think there is need to a permaban anyone on this site and you could always ban them for 6 months or so whenever the infractions accumulate.
Do you remember KitinovRules? Permabans are needed...
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-26-2012, 04:59 PM   #185
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Thirdly, he had a very strange, and that is putting it mildly, attitude toward women and posted stories which would lead one to believe that he engaged in date **** although I, for one, don’t believe he actually did those things. It was his stories about women that lost him any sympathy I might had dredged up for him.
I can see the point in most other things said about CD but this one really bothers me. None of us has any information of any depth to accuse someone of their behavior in real life based on a couple of text posts which could have been made in a different tone altogether. I have read some of his other posts in the Castle thread which give me a different impression than what you have presented. You are, of course, free to form your own impressions but I personally find it quite unfair.
This is detachment -- 
Old 07-26-2012, 05:07 PM   #186
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And you get to decide what's spam and what is not? No matter how intolerable or incorrect everyone has a right to their opinions.
What kind of a comment is that? Are you seriously that foolish to make such a comment? It is quite obvious what is spam and just instigating a fight compared to a comment that is useful. So you're telling me things for example Start da Game would say like "stupid....blind......fedprincess.....and......his ....worshippers.....will.....never...win" or whatever, is not spam?

Quote:
I can see the point in most other things said about CD but this one really bothers me. None of us has any information of any depth to accuse someone of their behavior in real life based on a couple of text posts which could have been made in a different tone altogether. I have read some of his other posts in the Castle thread which give me a different impression than what you have presented. You are, of course, free to form your own impressions but I personally find it quite unfair.
He clearly had something strange about relationships with women. Occasionally he would say stuff in GM about how he is apparently popular with the ladies and ask for reassurance from some other posters. This is the internet, no one can validate your claims and no one gives a crap, yet he certainly had to try to point this out several times.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:15 PM   #187
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Well, I (and I think most of the Fed fans) have a lot of respect for Johnny Groove despite his unfortunate choice of player to support. I'm sure you'd welcomed in GM if you did not offend anyone.
Every fanbase has their ok posters, and every fanbase has their delusional idiots. It just seems like that Nadal fans in particular are targeted unfairly. Rafa has won most hated on MTF 3 of the last 4 years and will probably win again this year.

I agree some Rafatards are a bit unbearable, but that doesn't excuse all of the Nadal haters (imo, the largest group on the board), from blasting anyone that dares to support the guy. I mean, Jesus, even Rafa's win threads during RG are filled to the brim with haters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiedis View Post
Johnny Groove is the Sidney Poitier of MTF. He seems more interesed in promoting himself that any other thing. Beside he is a intelligen guy who knows who is the white master and what is his position.
Sidney Poitier of MTF, eh? This is a new one.

I like to promote myself, but who doesn't? I also support tennis, hot girls, and global peace.

Your analogy of white Fedtard bus drivers with black Rafatards sitting in the back is a bit distateful, but not 100% incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat__boy View Post
Maybe Sadly though, it seems merely being a fan of Nadal is offence enough for some.
A shame, really. Being a fan of Nadal and posting in GM rooting for the guy is nearly analagous to treason around here.

Quote:
Er...speak for yourself. Totally don't share your Johnny Groove love. My favourite Rafa fan is acionescu.
Nice to see that our dislike of each other is mutual.

And yes, acionescu is quality.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-26-2012, 05:17 PM   #188
country flag tennizen

Quote:
What kind of a comment is that? Are you seriously that foolish to make such a comment? It is quite obvious what is spam and just instigating a fight compared to a comment that is useful. So you're telling me things for example Start da Game would say like "stupid....blind......fedprincess.....and......his ....worshippers.....will.....never...win" or whatever, is not spam?
And that's all SdG ever posted, is it? He had plenty of arguments to make about how he thought Federer was more of a defensive than an aggressive player, how the slowing down of courts helped Federer more than Nadal, about racquet technology and so on. I didn't agree with half the things he said but your high-handedness borders on the absurd.

Also I can cite multiple instances when a bunch of Fedtards would gang up together to bait him.
This is detachment -- 
Old 07-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #189
country flag tennizen

Quote:
He clearly had something strange about relationships with women. Occasionally he would say stuff in GM about how he is apparently popular with the ladies and ask for reassurance from some other posters. This is the internet, no one can validate your claims and no one gives a crap, yet he certainly had to try to point this out several times.
Clearly he is exceedingly strange because he is the first man ever on the Internet to claim he is popular with women.
This is detachment -- 
Old 07-26-2012, 05:40 PM   #190
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And that's all SdG ever posted, is it? He had plenty of arguments to make about how he thought Federer was more of a defensive than an aggressive player, how the slowing down of courts helped Federer more than Nadal, about racquet technology and so on. I didn't agree with half the things he said but your high-handedness borders on the absurd.

Also I can cite multiple instances when a bunch of Fedtards would gang up together to bait him.
Utterly delusional if you think he was so innocent. Fact is he baited himself saying some of the most asinine things I've read on this forum. Clearly he had problems just like like the person in question in this thread. Ironically Clay Fail and Tard da Game were BFFs LOL.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #191
country flag tennizen

Quote:
Utterly delusional if you think he was so innocent. Fact is he baited himself saying some of the most asinine things I've read on this forum. Clearly he had problems just like like the person in question in this thread. Ironically Clay Fail and Tard da Game were BFFs LOL.
I never stated that he was innocent. But it is also true that many Fedtards caught on to his weaknesses and return baited him.
This is detachment -- 
Old 07-26-2012, 05:52 PM   #192
country flag HKz
Hakeem

Quote:
Clearly he is exceedingly strange because he is the first man ever on the Internet to claim he is popular with women.
Yeah, very normal to talk about those things in GM where it is first of all about tennis and secondly, what is the reason why no one talks about those things on such anonymous forums? Because no one gives a rat's ass as it doesn't affect any of us neither can anyone validate such claims if anyone even cared. If he talked about it in his princess land thread, fine, but he would talk about it in GM threads which was utterly clownish.

Quote:
I never stated that he was innocent. But it is also true that many Fedtards caught on to his weaknesses and return baited him.
His weaknesses as in unable to use the ignore feature, having a delusional problem, having anger issues and just flat out saying stupid stuff about tennis out of the blue?
Old 07-26-2012, 06:01 PM   #193
country flag gaitare

gaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond repute

He's trolling you, HKz.
gaitare is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-26-2012, 06:06 PM   #194
country flag tennizen

Quote:
Yeah, very normal to talk about those things in GM where it is first of all about tennis and secondly, what is the reason why no one talks about those things on such anonymous forums? Because no one gives a rat's ass as it doesn't affect any of us neither can anyone validate such claims if anyone even cared. If he talked about it in his princess land thread, fine, but he would talk about it in GM threads which was utterly clownish.
You and I clearly must be visiting different anonymous forums.

Quote:
His weaknesses as in unable to use the ignore feature, having a delusional problem, having anger issues and just flat out saying stupid stuff about tennis out of the blue?
And the Fedtards who responded to him clearly didn't have any weaknesses. It appears to me it is easier to ignore one person(SdG) than the other way around).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaitare View Post
He's trolling you, HKz.
This is detachment -- 
Old 07-26-2012, 06:22 PM   #195
country flag HKz
Hakeem

Quote:
You and I clearly must be visiting different anonymous forums.

And the Fedtards who responded to him clearly didn't have any weaknesses. It appears to me it is easier to ignore one person(SdG) than the other way around).

First, this isn't Facebook. Second, he can talk about his bullshit in his princess land thread.

Thirdly, you just said, tard da game was getting baited, so what does it have to do with Fedtards ignoring him if he is the one getting baited?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaitare View Post
He's trolling you, HKz.
Him in Kiedis are like brothers