Clay Death Permaban: Consider rescinding please. - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #151
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clay Death Permaban: Consider rescinding please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
hating a tennis player for whatever reason isn't against the rules (let alone for the right reasons), there are rules set for the limits of hate speech here (racism, wishing death/injury), anything below that is as permissible as loving a player, if you can't take the criticism and ill-feelings, this place isn't for you
Exactly. This is one of the weird creepy things about Nadulltards: they take adverse comments about Nadull personally.

So basically Masterclass, your contention is that Clay Death's systematically insulting & bullying posters who disagreed with him was a prank, similar to leng jai's double account? Erm, okay.

The best defence of Clay Death so far offered is Groove's: that C.D. was just pissed a lot. If this is the cause of his rudeness, I can probably forgive it.
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #152
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

if we stick firmly to the rules, then zero mercy would be given, no matter it was the first time or the third time that you committed the error coz you simply broke the rules. If one poster is given the right of being reviewed, I don't see the reason why others cannot? And if i was lucky enough to get rid of a ban coz of the mod's considerable mercy, i would feel grateful and allow others to have the same consideration.

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.

Last edited by Mimi : 07-26-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-26-2012, 10:05 AM   #153
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
There are more people defending CD in this thread than those who are not.

I'll state this simply for clarity's sake:

leng jai: first offence
CD: repeated offence

leng jai: silly DA created to do a friend a silly favour and mostly posted in Non-Tennis
CD: from what I gather, made another offensive post

leng jai: little history of offensive posting in GM
CD: history of offensive posting in GM

leng jai: one prior (and unrelated) infraction
CD: enough prior infractions to warrant a permanent ban

Hat Boy, if you created a DA now and mucked around with it without trolling the fanbases in GM and you got banned for 3 months, I would advocate on your behalf as well using the same arguments I used for leng jai; and since his case set a precedent, you'd probably have your ban lessened. Let's not make this into an issue of insinuated favouritism.

Masterclass, your accusation that leng jai said whatever he said about CD because he doesn't like CD is disingenuous to say the least. Did you not read his post where he said that although he finds CD's rhetoric tiresome, he doesn't really have any issues with him?
No one is saying that CD's case is the same as Leng Jai's, but there is a point of discussion. As you said, it set a precedent. The manner in which it was handled is really what's relevant, not the specifics.

CD was a divisive guy, and people are bringing personal feelings into this thread where they have no place. I liked him and we chatted regularly, but you don't see me saying bring him back because he was awesome. Yet you have called him a douche multiple times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
when i thought poland wouldn't be able to come up with anything logically coherent after maria sklodowska-curie's death, then comes masterclass with his post
I don't think he's really Polish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
Exactly. This is one of the weird creepy things about Nadulltards: they take adverse comments about Nadull personally.

So basically Masterclass, your contention is that Clay Death's systematically insulting & bullying posters who disagreed with him was a prank, similar to leng jai's double account? Erm, okay.

The best defence of Clay Death so far offered is Groove's: that C.D. was just pissed a lot. If this is the cause of his rudeness, I can probably forgive it.
No, we take all the negative comments directed towards us (like this one) personally. I couldn't give a fuck what anyone says about Nadal any more, it's the marginalisation of his fans that pisses me off.

Your insistence that CD attacked people who disagreed with him, solely for that reason, just isn't true, no matter how many times you say it.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-26-2012, 10:09 AM   #154
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat__boy View Post
No, we take all the negative comments directed towards us (like this one) personally. I couldn't give a fuck what anyone says about Nadal any more, it's the marginalisation of his fans that pisses me off.

Your insistence that CD attacked people who disagreed with him, solely for that reason, just isn't true, no matter how many times you say it.
On the first point, I don't regard you as a tard, so my comment wasn't directed at you. On the 2nd point, I have personal experience of his doing precisely that, so I am afraid you are wrong.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:15 AM   #155
country flag gaitare

gaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
when i thought poland wouldn't be able to come up with anything logically coherent after maria sklodowska-curie's death, then comes masterclass with his post
I don't think he's Polish and I don't think that particular post is logically coherent.
gaitare is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-26-2012, 10:17 AM   #156
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Masterclass said that the two cases have "pertinent logical comparisons". I'm just pointing the pertinent and material differences between the two cases. Also, what I meant was that leng jai's case set a precedent for offences of that nature, not in general.

I already explained why CD can be a douche in GM. I agree with Sophy on this point and I can't be bothered to belabour it any longer.

EDIT: How can the specifics not be relevant? Not only are the details relevant, they are of utmost importance.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-26-2012, 10:41 AM   #157
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dear Kiedis,

You have received an infraction at MensTennisForums.com.

Reason: Personal Attack
-------
Calling someone the taliban is a personal attack and not allowed on MTF.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.
Calling me stupid and said that "you need a brain" it's not personal attack, but taliban it is. Yeah. I'm asking myself if calling somebody 'snitch', 'crybaby' and 'liar' would be a personal attack, too.

God is killing me

Last edited by Kiedis : 07-26-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Kiedis is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-26-2012, 10:46 AM   #158
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Saying that a player is a doper without any proof is classles and inadmissible. Saying that you enjoy a player injury, that this injury "it's good for the game" or "the better news of year" should have the same punishment to "wishing injury", IMHO. I can put some more examples but whatever.

God is killing me
Old 07-26-2012, 10:49 AM   #159
country flag Kiedis

Quote:
Masterclass said that the two cases have "pertinent logical comparisons". I'm just pointing the pertinent and material differences between the two cases. Also, what I meant was that leng jai's case set a precedent for offences of that nature, not in general.

I already explained why CD can be a douche in GM. I agree with Sophy on this point and I can't be bothered to belabour it any longer.

EDIT: How can the specifics not be relevant? Not only are the details relevant, they are of utmost importance.
You don't got my point. You writed in a precedent post that if mods had previously punished CD it would be for some justified reason. Well, you better than anyone should know that bans can be very random here.

God is killing me
Old 07-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #160
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
On the first point, I don't regard you as a tard, so my comment wasn't directed at you. On the 2nd point, I have personal experience of his doing precisely that, so I am afraid you are wrong.
Well, tard and fan have become synonymous on here. I honestly don't feel welcome in GM as a Nadal fan.

Maybe I'm wrong then. I do think that the majority of the time it was with people who were either known to be disrespectful or haters unable to be objective. I admit, they may not have shows these traits in the threads CD was trying to kick them out of though.
Quote:

I'm not surprised people found him douchey in GM, at all, but I don't think that is a good enough analysis of his behaviour for this thread.

The specifics are important to each case. I just mean the specifics of each case are not relevant to the other, because, as you said, they are different offences/infractions. I just think the sentiment of the posters, that Leng Jai's actions be put in full context and reevaluated, using his own history and the history of the offence itself, should be shared with this discussion.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:06 AM   #161
country flag Kiedis

Quote:
Well, tard and fan have become synonymous on here. I honestly don't feel welcome in GM as a Nadal fan.
Nadal fans are tolerated here, like black people in USA in the decade of the 50. Fedtards drive the bus and we must to sit down in the rear seats. If we are docile and don't look straight in the eyes of the white people everything will be fine with us.

God is killing me
Old 07-26-2012, 11:08 AM   #162
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, I (and I think most of the Fed fans) have a lot of respect for Johnny Groove despite his unfortunate choice of player to support. I'm sure you'd welcomed in GM if you did not offend anyone.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On beating weak era players in finals of slams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.
Looner is online now View My Blog!  
Old 07-26-2012, 11:11 AM   #163
country flag Sophocles

Quote:
Maybe I'm wrong then. I do think that the majority of the time it was with people who were either known to be disrespectful or haters unable to be objective. I admit, they may not have shows these traits in the threads CD was trying to kick them out of though.
I agree with this, but your last sentence is telling, isn't it? CD had no business trying to kick other posters out of threads.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #164
country flag Kiedis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Well, I (and I think most of the Fed fans) have a lot of respect for Johnny Groove despite his unfortunate choice of player to support. I'm sure you'd welcomed in GM if you did not offend anyone.
Johnny Groove is the Sidney Poitier of MTF. He seems more interesed in promoting himself that any other thing. Beside he is a intelligen guy who knows who is the white master and what is his position.

God is killing me
Old 07-26-2012, 11:37 AM   #165
country flag Ben.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiedis View Post
Nadal fans are tolerated here, like black people in USA in the decade of the 50. Fedtards drive the bus and we must to sit down in the rear seats. If we are docile and don't look straight in the eyes of the white people everything will be fine with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Maybe Sadly though, it seems merely being a fan of Nadal is offence enough for some.
Quote:
I agree with this, but your last sentence is telling, isn't it? CD had no business trying to kick other posters out of threads.
No, you're right. That is exactly what he did and he had no business doing so. But another Start da Game, he was not.
Closed Thread