Wawrinka to be Switzerland's flagbearer - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-23-2012, 09:41 AM   #31
country flag Slade
Anti-Dull Alliance

Slade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wawrinka to be Switzerland's flagbearer

From this gesture, it appears that there is a limit to Arroganterer's arrogance.

Failures of Nadull
  • Most weeks at #2
  • Lopsided slam count. 9/14 won in one of four GS
  • Losing to three players ranked over 100 in 3 consecutive peak years... IN SLAMS
  • Dull has never dominated a surface other than clay, with no indoor resume to speak of. 0 WTF
  • Extensive history of gamesmanship
Slade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2012, 09:42 AM   #32
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
I'm very happy for Stan and I love Fed, but it's bullshit saying that : Fed doesn't have any power on the Swiss Olympiuc Committee.

Cancellera had a race next day,

but I don't like the way you make it sound : as always, Wawrinka is not "worthy of honors" in the mind of many people

Anyway, Stan will be very happy with that no matter such stupid comments on internet forums
I said it before, it was an honest question, just like David Cal was flagbearer for Spain in 2008 instead of Rafa who had just won Wimbledon because he was an Olympic champion and Rafa was not; didn't know there were no other Swiss gold medalists active, the poster who clarified that told me he was the only logical choice.

And I also said that both Roger & Fabian were ahead of Stan because they are more accomplished in their sports, maybe there was a fencer or something who had won 6 medals and didn't get the chance before, that's why I asked if no one else was available.

Geez, get down that high horse.

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:48 AM   #33
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
I said it before, it was an honest question, just like David Cal was flagbearer for Spain in 2008 instead of Rafa who had just won Wimbledon because he was an Olympic champion and Rafa was not; didn't know there were no other Swiss gold medalists active, the poster who clarified that told me he was the only logical choice.

Geez, get down that high horse.
I understood your question, but beside that, I always hate all the despising comments about "the little Stan" which always come when it's about him, not especially from you, just read some other comments (very often I make comments like that to answer all comments even though I quote one).

Besides, as far as you're personally concerned, I'm just surprised you didn't have the information about all that as it's been talked about on the Fedfans' section of the forum for one week : probably you hardly go there like many other ones then I was just surprised you didn't know about the possible choices.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:50 AM   #34
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

I don't go to players forums, not Roger's, not Rafa's. Not anymore so you can stop the sarcasm.

And I'm far more concerned about my own country's sportsmen and Olympic situation than Switzerland's. I just saw Stan's news on Twitter and shared it here.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:57 AM   #35
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't go to players forums, not Roger's, not Rafa's. Not anymore so you can stop the sarcasm.
it's not sarcasm, it's being fed-up with the usual comments about Stan.

And it's not especially about you (I just said I was "surprised" that you didn't know about that, "surprised" was the true word, nothing else), I think you take comments too personally because it's the second time I get such reaction from you despite not having anything against you.

That said back to the topic : congrats to Stan

I hope people can enjoy with this top-tennis player.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #36
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Well you quoted me and talked about "stupid comments", had you talked in general about anyone in the thread of course I wouldn't have taken it personally.

What was I supposed to think? that you weren't saying that about me after you quoted me? yeah, sure...

Old 07-23-2012, 10:01 AM   #37
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Where the hell is Har-Tru, he must be jizzing his pants over this news

Old 07-23-2012, 10:01 AM   #38
country flag duong

Quote:
Well you quoted me and talked about "stupid comments", had you talked in general about anyone in the thread of course I wouldn't have taken it personally.

What was I supposed to think? that you weren't saying that about me after you quoted me? yeah, sure...
OK Ok I don't have the right attitude on a forum because I feel it's public and don't consider enough people's personal feelings, my mistake

Back to topic
Old 07-23-2012, 10:13 AM   #39
country flag Federer in 2

Federer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Very very happy
Roger has done it twice, and if he stepped down it's an extremely nice gesture.
Can't wait to see one of my favorite players, who fully deserves it, carry the flag!

ROGER FEDERER

'Roger Federer is the best ever' - Everyone else other than John McEnroe

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Nadal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Federer. Disgusting.
#NoBiasTho
Federer in 2 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #40
country flag Roamed

Roamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Stan It's going to be such a big moment for him
Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Roger // Rafa // Raonic // Söderling // Goffin // Ivo // Wawrinka // Baker // Delpo
Roamed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:39 AM   #41
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

He's an Olympic gold medallist, makes sense if Fed or Cancellara isn't going to do it.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:39 AM   #42
country flag sco

sco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, Stan! He must be over the moon.

Nice gesture from Fed if he did step down - seems he's learning something in his old age.
sco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:41 AM   #43
country flag Fed Muzza Killer

Fed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond reputeFed Muzza Killer has a reputation beyond repute

Good For Wawa.
Nice move

GOATerer
Fed Muzza Killer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:46 AM   #44
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sco View Post
Congratulations, Stan! He must be over the moon.

Nice gesture from Fed if he did step down - seems he's learning something in his old age.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #45
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

another arrogant move from arrogant Swiss