Why call Monaco Mug and not Ferrer? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-22-2012, 05:05 PM   #16
country flag _maxi

_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why call Monaco Mug and not Ferrer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon20 View Post
So it's ok when you hate a certain player and think he deserves it but not ok if others hate a certain player they think deserve it (that you so happen to like) ?

Do you see the irony in this ?
I think the entire world has enough reasons to dislike Nadal. And I'm asking here what are the reasons to dislike Monaco, to call him Mug. Do you see that there is no irony? If you give me reasons, then I might be able to understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
Yes, I flat out said this has made Ferrer not a mug and has made Monaco a mug. In case you still struggle with reading, that was called sarcasm.
You pointed it as one of the things that made Ferrer be respected. I respect Ferrer a lot.
Quote:
Clearly he is just a biased Argentine that for no apparent reason is sad that his beloved Juan has some haters, like every player in the world, and especially one that has yet to establish a clear reputation, at least one that is truly positive.
I'm not a biased argentine. Juan is not my favourite player.
I'm just curious about this tag that juan has been put on. Can't you see that the man is fighting like a dog and doing everything he legitimate can do to win matches? he is fighting.. he is not that young anymore, and is playing the best tennis of his life at 28 years old.. I think he deserves respect. He is no Ferrer, he is no Berdych, No Tsonga... but he deserves respect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon20 View Post
Pretty much.
Na.
_maxi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2012, 05:05 PM   #17
country flag RForever
Banned!

RForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond repute

Funny, this mug thing... There is a thread about Amir Weintraub where everybody shows respect on how though the life of tennis pro is. And that guy was like 280 back then. You can see how difficult it is to get higher in rankings, to get a real breakthrough. And then there is player who just got to top 10 and he is mug and does not deserve any respect? I can not get this.

Sent from my iPad using VS Free
RForever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:05 PM   #18
country flag henke007

henke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond repute

Ferrer was close to taking out Murray at Wimbledon for a 1/2, enough said..
Old 07-22-2012, 05:05 PM   #19
country flag fabolous

fabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond repute

suck it

fabolous is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:09 PM   #20
country flag The Fearhand

The Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, I flat out said this has made Ferrer not a mug and has made Monaco a mug. In case you still struggle with reading, that was called sarcasm.

Clearly he is just a biased Argentine that for no apparent reason is sad that his beloved Juan has some haters, like every player in the world, and especially one that has yet to establish a clear reputation, at least one that is truly positive.
I agree with everything you said.

I was actually going to agree with him thinking why the need to hate on a certain player, I mean dislike him one thing but hate ? No need. But then after reading his replies he goes and does THE EXACT SAME THING that he complains about.
The Fearhand is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:13 PM   #21
country flag _maxi

_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute

No way. The world has enough reasons to hate Cheater fake humble Nadal. That has nothing to do with hate towards Monaco.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:16 PM   #22
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

They are both huge mugs. They are weaponless grinders who will never make any impact on any big tournament and are only on the tour to vulture ranking points and keep better/more talented players (who are not vultures) from rising up the rankings.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:17 PM   #23
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute

Ferrer can beat any top player except Federer, he is actually really good against big hitters like Berdych, Del Potro and Tsonga and very good against Nadal outside clay, reasonable results against Djokovic/Murray.

Monaco is just no good for anything.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:18 PM   #24
country flag Blue Heart24

Blue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond repute

Ferrer > Monaco by faaaar.
Blue Heart24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:23 PM   #25
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
They are both huge mugs. They are weaponless grinders who will never make any impact on any big tournament and are only on the tour to vulture ranking points and keep better/more talented players (who are not vultures) from rising up the rankings.
As far as i checked they are playing same number of events than everyone else.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:23 PM   #26
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Heart24 View Post
Sadly though, being better than Monaco might very well be his greatest career achievement.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:24 PM   #27
country flag _maxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Heart24 View Post
We knew it.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:29 PM   #28
country flag The Fearhand

The Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by _maxi View Post
I think the entire world has enough reasons to dislike Nadal. And I'm asking here what are the reasons to dislike Monaco, to call him Mug. Do you see that there is no irony? If you give me reasons, then I might be able to understand.
Your reason (or should I say the entire world since you like speaking for others which includes me) for hating a person might not be the same reason others hate Monaco and FYI I don't hate anyone. But the people who hate Monaco might not hate him for the same reasons as you hate another player. But at the end of the day you show the exact same behaviour as the people you are referring to regarding Monaco...the only difference are your reasons..they might vary but the roots are the same. In the end you are no different than the people you are referring to.The fact that you're still not getting it is even more ironic. I doubt you'll be able to get this.
The Fearhand is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:30 PM   #29
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

He has defeated Murray twice BTW his 2-2 against Murray. I agree that Ferrer is better than Monaco, everyone knows it Monaco it like a 80-90% Ferrer.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:30 PM   #30
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

pics has a far more accomplished career with his outstanding grand slam appearances and several titles...

however, monaco has to be respected to achieve what he did through work and taming some of his mental demons. he worked to improve his consistency and the improvement and point gain between 2011 and 2012 rewarded him with the top 10 place ... whether he keeps it or not is another issue, but for the time being he deserves credits

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote