Why call Monaco Mug and not Ferrer? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-22-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
country flag _maxi

_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why call Monaco Mug and not Ferrer?

Hi.

I'm surprised with the amount of unfavorable comments about Monaco. Usually he has no weapons against the top4 (only beat Muzza once) but what's the problem if he reaches the top ten?

He is not even a pusher. He plays a game very similar to Ferrer's. Ferrer on the other hand, is respected. I think both should be equally respected.

What's the problem if Monaco is top ten? Explain to me how is it less embarrassing that Isner was top 10.. or Tipsarevic.. or Almagro... all these players are not good enough to be top 5, just like Monaco.

Plus, juan had an injury this season.. and in spite of that, he could make enough points to be in the top 10.

Congrats to him.

You can hate his game, but at least he is no cheater like some other.
_maxi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #2
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why call Monaco Mug and not Ferrer?

This has been discussed. Ferrer is a likeable guy for several reasons. He is very short for today's standards (certainly when comparing to the top 25 in the world) and he actually manages to create some weaponry in his game unlike Monaco who struggles throughout many matches. Sure, Ferrer has struggled heavily against Federer, but he has had several notable wins over Novak, Rafa and Andy.

Monaco really hasn't done much to gain enough respect yet. Of course, he has time to still build a good rep.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:49 PM   #3
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Both are mugs.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:49 PM   #4
country flag _maxi

_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute

What? you have to be able to beat the top 4 in order to gain respect? I didn't know that... Can't you just accept that Monaco is not good enough to beat the top 4? does he deserve to be called mug for that?
Old 07-22-2012, 04:50 PM   #5
country flag tennishero

tennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond reputetennishero has a reputation beyond repute

when you have haters, then you know you've made it.
tennishero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:50 PM   #6
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by _maxi View Post
What? you have to be able to beat the top 4 in order to gain respect? I didn't know that... Can't you just accept that Monaco is not good enough to beat the top 4? does he deserve to be called mug for that?
Now you're making shit up. Where did anyone say such a thing in this thread so far which has only had 2 posters respond.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:51 PM   #7
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Pics has greater consistency than Mugnaco.
Pics has defeated top players unlike Mugnaco.
Pics doesn't choke unlike Mugnaco.
Pics has a thread dedicated to himself on MTF unlike Mugnaco.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #8
country flag _maxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
Now you're making shit up. Where did anyone say such a thing in this thread so far which has only had 2 posters respond.
You did..
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennishero View Post
when you have haters, then you know you've made it.
I don't agree 100%. Rafa has a lot of haters and I think he deserves it.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:53 PM   #9
country flag Slade
Banned!

Slade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond repute

Ferrer has the heart of a champion whereas Mugnaco arguably does not.
Slade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:53 PM   #10
country flag HKz
Hakeem

Quote:
You did..

Again, where the fuck did I say what you said. Let's see you use your quoting skills bro. I didn't flat out say he has to beat top 4 in order to gain respect, because fact is, Monaco has defeated Rafa before and he is 2:2 with Murray. Again, read the whole fucking comment I made. Just a sad Argentinean that can't stand his favorite player getting dissed. Either you're in love with Juan or you haven't been around GM long enough.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:56 PM   #11
country flag _maxi

Quote:
This has been discussed. Ferrer is a likeable guy for several reasons. He is very short for today's standards (certainly when comparing to the top 25 in the world) and he actually manages to create some weaponry in his game unlike Monaco who struggles throughout many matches. Sure, Ferrer has struggled heavily against Federer, but he has had several notable wins over Novak, Rafa and Andy.

Monaco really hasn't done much to gain enough respect yet. Of course, he has time to still build a good rep.
So he gained respect by beating the top 4 a few times. Monaco couldn't do that so he does not deserve respect.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:56 PM   #12
country flag The Fearhand

The Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You did..

So it's ok when you hate a certain player and think he deserves it but not ok if others hate a certain player they think deserve it (that you so happen to like) ?

Do you see the irony in this ?
The Fearhand is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:57 PM   #13
country flag HKz
Hakeem

Quote:
So he gained respect by beating the top 4 a few times. Monaco couldn't do that so he does not deserve respect.
Yes, I flat out said this has made Ferrer not a mug and has made Monaco a mug. In case you still struggle with reading, that was called sarcasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon20 View Post
So it's ok when you hate a certain player and think he deserves it but not ok if others hate a certain player they think deserve it (that you so happen to like) ?

Do you see the irony in this ?
Clearly he is just a biased Argentine that for no apparent reason is sad that his beloved Juan has some haters, like every player in the world, and especially one that has yet to establish a clear reputation, at least one that is truly positive.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:58 PM   #14
country flag The Fearhand

The Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just a sad Argentinean that can't stand his favorite player getting dissed.
Pretty much.
The Fearhand is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:00 PM   #15
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Neither of them are mugs. However, Ferrer has more potential and I understand how people might consider him a more respectable top ten player than Monaco.
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote