What is your Favourite Surface and Why? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What Surface is the Best?

Grass, King of the Surfaces 49 55.68%
Clay, Dirty and Mucky, worst of all European 10 11.36%
Hard, how boring? 12 13.64%
Blue Clay, the true Fedtard option 6 6.82%
Carpet, It should return! (vote for this and you probably still have a mullet) 6 6.82%
Tesco lunch is just £2.50, beats the crap out of the McDonalds Meal deal eh? 3 3.41%
Surfaces will fall, along with Federer 2 2.27%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2004, 10:48 AM   #46
country flag Lady

Lady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond reputeLady has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is your favourite surface

Clay!
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2004, 10:54 AM   #47
country flag Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute

clay and hard equally
Old 05-21-2004, 11:31 AM   #48
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

not clay!! I loathe it - compared to the others
It's grass for me. Kiyuku (?) or Buffalo I don't care ^_^
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 02:58 PM   #49
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Clay!!

But I like everything except indoor tennis.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 03:06 PM   #50
country flag oxy

oxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond repute

i like the red thingy

JEFF TARANGO: To say what? "Welcome to the locker room. Don't bend over for the soap."
oxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 03:48 PM   #51
country flag Rex

Rex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond repute

i like hard and the carpet but i voted hard
Srichaphan- The Thai- ger of tennis.
Safin - The of tennis.
Bagdatis- The quotesman of tennis "my coach will watch, i will sleep with my girlfriend"
Kiefer- The naive guy, "yeh, me and seb are good friends"
Santoro- The double handed wizard of tennis.
Lopez- IS my hair right? IS my lipstick right?
Moya- The tatoo and muscles of tennis (although nadal kicks his ass in that department).
Tipsarevic- The tatoo of tennis, competing with moya.
Djokovic- Stole Jiri's surname

Sorry if I left out your favourite, just PM me to let me know-- thanks.
Rex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 04:23 PM   #52
country flag TennisLurker

TennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond repute

George, did bruguera play serve and volley in that match or he defeated rafter from the baseline??

Good luck to:

Gaudio, Murray, Florian Mayer, Chela, Nalbandian, Radek Stepanek, Volandri, Youzhny and Verdasco.

NICOLAS ALMAGRO IS AN EXOTIC BEAUTY
TennisLurker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 04:29 PM   #53
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

for watching (in order):
clay
grass
hardcourt

for playing myself:
indoor carpet (like it sooo much!)
but mostly I have to play on clay

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy

Last edited by Neely : 05-21-2004 at 04:32 PM.
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 04:42 PM   #54
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute

I like all the surfaces, the great thing about clay and grass is precisely that you do see different styles of play on each. It doesn't hurt that I like players who do well on at least one of them, although inevitably I favour grass a bit more since that's the Slam I grew up with and most of my top favourites play well there. That's probably why I like indoor tennis too, when the crowd is involved there's a great atmosphere and most of the time they are involved in Madrid and Paris because they have plenty of home players to root for.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 06:05 PM   #55
country flag alfonsojose
PERSONAL JESUS

alfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute

I like fast hard courts. I've never played on grass but i guess i'd love it. I don't like clay, but i try to enjoy the challenge.
alfonsojose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 09:38 PM   #56
User ID 4783

User ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond reputeUser ID 4783 has a reputation beyond repute

Clay
User ID 4783 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 09:41 PM   #57
country flag joeb_uk

joeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond repute

i enjoy all, probably grass the least to watch. but i do really enjoy playing on grass. i would say my favourite surface is prob clay or carpet
joeb_uk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 10:18 AM   #58
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisLurker
George, did bruguera play serve and volley in that match or he defeated rafter from the baseline??
He defeated him mostly from the baseline, but he volleyed well when he needed to.

Rafter was trying to kick his serve out the forehand but Sergi moderating his swing and blocked a lot of them low to the incoming volleyer. Bruguera's backhand pass was on fire that day, the contrast between them was great Rafter all over the net, Bruguera with the passing shots, the angles crosscourt.

Rafter should have won the match really, he had chances and Bruguera won
7-6, 3-6, 4-6, 7-5, 13-11

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 12:50 PM   #59
WyveN
Banned!

WyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond repute

That was a terrific match even though I wanted Rafter to win. Contrast of styles was very interesting.
WyveN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 02:06 PM   #60
country flag Xavidbz

Xavidbz has a reputation beyond reputeXavidbz has a reputation beyond reputeXavidbz has a reputation beyond reputeXavidbz has a reputation beyond reputeXavidbz has a reputation beyond reputeXavidbz has a reputation beyond reputeXavidbz has a reputation beyond reputeXavidbz has a reputation beyond reputeXavidbz has a reputation beyond reputeXavidbz has a reputation beyond reputeXavidbz has a reputation beyond repute

Clay, of course.
Xavidbz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote