What is your Favourite Surface and Why? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What Surface is the Best?

Grass, King of the Surfaces 49 55.68%
Clay, Dirty and Mucky, worst of all European 10 11.36%
Hard, how boring? 12 13.64%
Blue Clay, the true Fedtard option 6 6.82%
Carpet, It should return! (vote for this and you probably still have a mullet) 6 6.82%
Tesco lunch is just Ł2.50, beats the crap out of the McDonalds Meal deal eh? 3 3.41%
Surfaces will fall, along with Federer 2 2.27%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2004, 09:35 PM   #31
AgassiFan

AgassiFan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiFan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiFan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiFan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiFan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiFan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiFan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiFan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiFan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiFan has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is your favourite surface

Pete's Wimbledon losses to Kraijchek and Federer deatured some of the best tennis I've ever seen

Pete played well, but both Richard and Roger played out of their fucking MINDS!
AgassiFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2004, 10:00 PM   #32
country flag RoddickPride

RoddickPride has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickPride has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickPride has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickPride has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickPride has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickPride has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickPride has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickPride has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickPride has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickPride has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickPride has a reputation beyond repute

Hard.

Henin-Hardenne sucks!

Congrats Alicia Molik on your Bronze medal, and Mardy Fish, on your Silver Medal!!!!

Good Luck: Safin, Fish, Roddick, Pavel, Ferrero, Molik, Capriati, Mandula, and Sharapova!!!!!
RoddickPride is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 09:40 AM   #33
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

AgassiFan, I know all about Medvedev's capabilities and his huge choke at the FO and then losing the love of the game.

Quote:
Originally posted by undomiele
Wimbledon conjures up too many images of old-world rich elitism, which, in turn, have helped brand tennis as an elite richman's sport to the common Joe for years. Its an image that still burdens the sport a bit even today I believe. And its something Id like to see dissipate.
Yes, many of the Wimbledon crowd are a bunch of elitist, aristocratic wankers with double-barrelled names who think the tennis season only lasts 2 weeks a year.

Tennis will never be a sport for the masses, and to think it will be is a dream undomiele. Ok, football is the only true sport for the people from all backgrounds, as you only need a space and something resembling a ball to play with. With tennis, there needs to be a court, the costs of equipment, paying for coaching this all adds up over time.

Ok, where I am from luckily you don't need to be from a wealthy background unlike many countries to be able to play. Economic factors play a large role in this. I mean the best thing I like about the Williams sisters is that they didn't come from a priviledged background, but they are the exception not the norm.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 05:32 PM   #34
country flag undomiele

undomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler

Tennis will never be a sport for the masses, and to think it will be is a dream undomiele. Ok, football is the only true sport for the people from all backgrounds, as you only need a space and something resembling a ball to play with. With tennis, there needs to be a court, the costs of equipment, paying for coaching this all adds up over time.
Yeah i know its a pipe dream. Its like what Somerset Maugham said once: "Money is the sixth sense without which the other five cannot function" and that is certainly the case with tennis as a sport.
undomiele is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 05:33 PM   #35
Drake

Drake is on a distinguished road

Hard - pwns you and your mom.
Old 02-07-2004, 06:50 AM   #36
country flag Bolivero

Bolivero has a reputation beyond reputeBolivero has a reputation beyond reputeBolivero has a reputation beyond reputeBolivero has a reputation beyond reputeBolivero has a reputation beyond reputeBolivero has a reputation beyond reputeBolivero has a reputation beyond reputeBolivero has a reputation beyond reputeBolivero has a reputation beyond reputeBolivero has a reputation beyond reputeBolivero has a reputation beyond repute

clay for me

Winner: Sydney 10, Casablanca 09, Costa Do Sauipe 09, Vienna 08
Finalist: Miami 09
Semifinalist: Bastad 11, Belgrade 11, Delray Beach 11, Brisbane 10, New Haven 09
Quarterfinalist: Wimbledon 11, Queens 11, Houston 11, Brisbane 11, Cincinnati 10, Bastad 10, Costa Do Sauipe 10, Montreal 09, Gstaad 09, Bangkok 08, Budapest 08
Bolivero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 09:01 AM   #37
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by undomiele
Yeah i know its a pipe dream.
Dreams are free.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 09:20 AM   #38
country flag Jazzy

Jazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond repute

clay!!
Jazzy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 10:24 AM   #39
tracy

tracy is on a distinguished road

clay
tracy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 10:49 AM   #40
country flag HybridTheory

HybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond reputeHybridTheory has a reputation beyond repute

clay
Old 02-07-2004, 10:55 AM   #41
Ferrero_Fan

Ferrero_Fan is on a distinguished road

Clay!!!

Good luck to:
Venus and Justine - Go girls
Ferrero_Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 11:31 AM   #42
country flag BNO

BNO has a reputation beyond reputeBNO has a reputation beyond reputeBNO has a reputation beyond reputeBNO has a reputation beyond reputeBNO has a reputation beyond reputeBNO has a reputation beyond reputeBNO has a reputation beyond reputeBNO has a reputation beyond reputeBNO has a reputation beyond reputeBNO has a reputation beyond reputeBNO has a reputation beyond repute

clay!!!!!!!!!!!!
BNO is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 04:01 PM   #43
country flag Aranince

Aranince has a reputation beyond reputeAranince has a reputation beyond reputeAranince has a reputation beyond reputeAranince has a reputation beyond reputeAranince has a reputation beyond reputeAranince has a reputation beyond reputeAranince has a reputation beyond reputeAranince has a reputation beyond reputeAranince has a reputation beyond reputeAranince has a reputation beyond reputeAranince has a reputation beyond repute

clay!

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee. Power hath decended forth from thy hand so our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. And we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti

- MacManus Brothers

Andy ~ Carlos ~ John ~ J-C ~ Arnaud ~ Roger ~ Guga ~ Younes ~ Igor ~ Rafael ~ Sebastien
Aranince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 10:37 AM   #44
country flag Snoopy_Girl

Snoopy_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSnoopy_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSnoopy_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSnoopy_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSnoopy_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSnoopy_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSnoopy_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSnoopy_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSnoopy_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSnoopy_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSnoopy_Girl has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't vote, cuz for me it's a tie between grass and clay

~* Tommy Haas *~
~* Juan Carlos Ferrero *~
~* Tommy Robredo *~

Also good luck to:
Lleyton * Marat * Todd R * Thierry * Mario * ToJo * Janko * Andrei * Seb * Nono * Misha * Igor * Fab * Kirill * Frank Dancevic

Matchbox20, Maroon5, Goo Goo Dolls, Switchfoot, Lifehouse, John Mayer, Alter Bridge, Jamie Cullum, Saybia
Snoopy_Girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 10:39 AM   #45
WyveN
Banned!

WyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond repute

As great as the clay season is, the best part about it is that grass is straight after it
WyveN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote