The Great Serbian Slayer : Healthy, Fit, and Ready For Battle On Hard Courts - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 08:23 PM   #61
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Great Serbian Slayer : Healthy, Fit, and Ready For Battle On Hard Courts

Interesting to see Clay Death abandon Nadal.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2012, 08:25 PM   #62
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Great Serbian Slayer : Healthy, Fit, and Ready For Battle On Hard Courts

Great thread general. This one's a winner. Nole is putting his final touches to prepping up for what will be a period of utter destruction on North American hard courts. We haven't seen anything like what we're about to witness and Rafa may not be there to stop him...

I expect Murray and Fed to step it up but I can't see how they can stop the movement of death on his favourite surface

Nole will not want to follow 2011 up with a season in which he only wins one slam. No way. His loss to Rafa @ RG was NID. His loss to Roger @ Wimbledon was NID (at least to everyone but me ). His determination to win @ Flushing Meadows is NID.

Everyone just sit back, relax and enjoy the great Serbian spectacle
Allez is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-22-2012, 08:36 PM   #63
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
Nole will not want to follow 2011 up with a season in which he only wins one slam. No way. His loss to Rafa @ RG was NID. His loss to Roger @ Wimbledon was NID (at least to everyone but me ). His determination to win @ Flushing Meadows is NID.
Excuse my inadequate language skills, but what does NID stand for? I thought I had it, but after seeing this post I am not so sure. An internet search did not help, they offered "National Institute of Design", "Nevada Irrigation District" and "National Intelligence Department" as first hits.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #64
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Excuse my inadequate language skills, but what does NID stand for? I thought I had it, but after seeing this post I am not so sure. An internet search did not help, they offered "National Institute of Design", "Nevada Irrigation District" and "National Intelligence Department" as first hits.
NID - Never in doubt
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-22-2012, 08:52 PM   #65
country flag swisht4u

swisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond repute

I'll take Fed for this one.
He took Djokovic to the edge last year while Djokovic was at his best.

This year Fed has cleaned up his errors, his overall play and the confidence will be there. He's better than last year and Djokovic has dropped down a little.

It'll come down to the "on the day" form they bring, it's that close.

You can't rule out Nadal, he loves to make a showing when he's down. I have a feeling he's working his form to be in top shape for the USO.
He'll have plenty of rest by then and should have his motivation at a high level, past results don't matter to him.

No telling with Murray, he gets down after losses at times like at WB but I think Lendl will help bring him back in time.

Favorites:
Fed
Djokovic
Murray/Nadal

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXÈ

Federer

Del Potro

Gulbis

Janowicz
swisht4u is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-22-2012, 09:38 PM   #66
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
Great thread general. This one's a winner. Nole is putting his final touches to prepping up for what will be a period of utter destruction on North American hard courts. We haven't seen anything like what we're about to witness and Rafa may not be there to stop him...

I expect Murray and Fed to step it up but I can't see how they can stop the movement of death on his favourite surface

Everyone just sit back, relax and enjoy the great Serbian spectacle
thanks general allez.

i am just stating the facts and people think i am not a fan of other players anymore.

but you know that is just the normal reckless blind hate talk on the part of the legless ejacuzees. they really cant figure out how some of us can be so objective.

nole is a hard man to stop on the hard courts. that is simply what we all have seen from him last year and even to a considerable extent this year also.

he took Oz and and he snatched miami masters.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-22-2012, 09:56 PM   #67
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashkatik View Post
Roadblocks? Federer.
Like last year? And year before that? Still hurts doesnt it?

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-22-2012, 10:06 PM   #68
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

these are the 3 favorites for the titles on the north amercian hard courts:

1. nole
2. fed
3. murray

and nole is most likely the most dangerous one out there on the hard courts.

who can stop him? i know nadal cant. he has had enough shots at him on the hard courts.

and now with fucked up knees, nadal is most likely done for the year since he is not bright enough to fix his fitness, his training, and his scheduling.

now he will do the same damn shit next year. he will injure himself on the hard courts and then be forced to dominate clay anyway and be done by the time wimbledon arrives.

that is pretty good company.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:25 PM   #69
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
these are the 3 favorites for the titles on the north amercian hard courts:

1. nole
2. fed
3. murray

and nole is most likely the most dangerous one out there on the hard courts.

who can stop him? i know nadal cant. he has had enough shots at him on the hard courts.

and now with fucked up knees, nadal is most likely done for the year since he is not bright enough to fix his fitness, his training, and his scheduling.

now he will do the same damn shit next year. he will injure himself on the hard courts and then be forced to dominate clay anyway and be done by the time wimbledon arrives.

that is pretty good company.
I hope it wont happen as this year and he changes his shedule or something, tournments w.o Nadal are less interesting.

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-22-2012, 10:28 PM   #70
country flag shanks

shanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond repute

General Death Hola! Long time

Novak is the favorite followed by Fed. Nadal needs to win 1 of the Masters 1000 to increase his chances
shanks is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-22-2012, 10:47 PM   #71
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

hola general shanks. we have missed you at the castle mate.

we thought you might have forgotten all about us.

i agree general but i really believe his season is over at thye current rate. i hear he cant put much weight on his knee at all. they say it is quite painful.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:12 PM   #72
country flag kidbourbon

kidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
Why do people say such things. No one knows what's going to happen.

If Roger wins any of these you'll look just as bad and stupid as all the haters who said Roger wouldn't win another slam.

In fact Roger just loves to prove haters wrong, so keep the blind hate coming.
It isn't blind hate. I don't hate Roger Federer. But is there any doubt that Novak Djokovic is the best hard court player in the world?

Simply stated: I don't believe that Roger Federer can beat Novak Djokovic in a five set match on an outdoor hard court. Fed beat him on grass by shortening the points and really turning the match into one strike tennis. This is simply not possible against Novak Djokovic on a hard court because he moves SO well. As a result of Djokovic's amazing movement on hard courts, he will be getting a lot more balls back in play than he did at Wimby. Roger Federer will be unable to dictate the points against Novak, the match will be fought from the baseline, and when the match is fought from the baseline, Djokovic has the clear advantage. Federer can't beat Djokovic in extended baseline rallies for three out of five sets on an outdoor. Especially an outdoor court where the wind constantly swirls.

In view of the above, if Roger plays Novak and you happen to be a betting man, and you bet on Federer, I think you would be making a poor financial decision.
kidbourbon is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-23-2012, 02:09 AM   #73
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

i think that is a reasonable post.

sounds about right to me.

nadal is out for the year. he wont be a factor.

and nole is the best hard court player on the planet. his record is doing the talking. i got no say so in the matter actually. we can just let nole`s record on hard courts speak for itself.

simple common sense says he is the hard court king until proven differently.

now watch these extremist type ejacuzee blind worshippers turn this simple statement into some sort of major production.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:54 AM   #74
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
and my vote is going to the great serbian slayer.

i think he takes toronto and the u.s. open.
I think Nole'll do well at the US Open, but I'm not sure about Toronto, Clay Death.

If he wins a medal at the olympics, he has to take it back to Serbia to show it to the people (he signed a contract to that effect). Imagine he plays a long 5-setter on a Sunday, goes to Serbia on Monday. Does he have time to fly to Toronto, fight jet-lag and play on Wednesday? My guess is that he'll probably pull out, in spite of having 1000 points to defend.

If he doesn't win a medal, he'll definitely be in Toronto, ready to go. But an Olympic medal is what he really wants this year.

I know I'm frazzling too soon...That's what fans do.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:01 AM   #75
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

yoleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeta.

i have missed you woman.
Closed Thread