The Great Serbian Slayer : Healthy, Fit, and Ready For Battle On Hard Courts - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 06:13 PM   #46
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Great Serbian Slayer : Healthy, Fit, and Ready For Battle On Hard Courts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
nole`s best is yet to come. he has too much talent on loan from the gods.

he is not going anywhere.
Does this mean that you don't expect Djoker to do particularly well at the Olympics or do you think he'll fly over the Atlantic and win nevertheless?

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On winning DC and its overall importance in the discussion for all-time greats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbis View Post
Davis Cup should never have really mattered in the GOAT discussion anyway since it's a team event. If you're talking about the GOAT singles player then you should mainly look at individual results.
If some unknown talent came out of some random tiny country (no chance to win DC) and won 20 slams, no one would give a single shit if that player didn't have DC. The fact is, success in DC is largely determined by what country you come from or play for in the first place, which most players haven't had any control over.
Looner is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2012, 06:20 PM   #47
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Great Serbian Slayer : Healthy, Fit, and Ready For Battle On Hard Courts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
I think Roger will be the favourite there.

Haas takes Toronto. Deal with it haters!

just because somebody picks one of the other players he or she is a hater.

that looks like another one of your reckless blind attacks to me.

you are a far bigger loser than i thought. it is quite disappointing.

the blind hate is with people like you here. nobody gives a damn about hypocritical liars that are all ate up with blind hate here.

is having zero credibility that important to you?

Last edited by Clay Death : 07-22-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-22-2012, 06:28 PM   #48
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

it is funny how any thread about any other player quickly becomes a extremist type federereeesian missionary hangout from which they peddle their reckless blind hate for all other players and their fans.

it is free amusement for the rest of us but it also shows how sick they really are.

you will never see normal fed fans stoop that low.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #49
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
just because somebody picks one of the other players he or she is a hater.

that looks like another one of your reckless blind attacks to me.

you are a far bigger loser than i thought. it is quite disappointing.

the blind hate is with people like you here. nobody gives a damn about hypocritical liars that are all ate up with blind hate here.

is having zero credibility that important to you?
My question is, since you are all wit and wisdom personified - why do you ignore Haas - the original all-court player in your 'mature' discussions.
“What a fate: to be condemned to work for a firm where the slightest negligence at once gave rise to the gravest suspicion! Were all the employees nothing but a bunch of scoundrels, was there not among them one single loyal devoted man who, had he wasted only an hour or so of the firm's time in the morning, was so tormented by conscience as to be driven out of his mind and actually incapable of leaving his bed?”
- G.S; before his inevitable demise
Roger the Dodger is online now View My Blog!  
Old 07-22-2012, 07:51 PM   #50
country flag romaine

romaine has a reputation beyond reputeromaine has a reputation beyond reputeromaine has a reputation beyond reputeromaine has a reputation beyond reputeromaine has a reputation beyond reputeromaine has a reputation beyond reputeromaine has a reputation beyond reputeromaine has a reputation beyond reputeromaine has a reputation beyond reputeromaine has a reputation beyond reputeromaine has a reputation beyond repute

I think there is no reason for Novak being the favorite over Federer on Hardcourts. The US have a fast court, with a lower bounce than the AO I think. Therefore a clear advantage for Roger in my mind. Also he will be favorite at the Olympics which he may end up winning which will give him the confidence he needs. If Federer has his A-game going, I see Novak as second best always and not the other way around.

girls, fun, strip!
romaine is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-22-2012, 07:56 PM   #51
country flag JMan22

JMan22 has a reputation beyond reputeJMan22 has a reputation beyond reputeJMan22 has a reputation beyond reputeJMan22 has a reputation beyond reputeJMan22 has a reputation beyond reputeJMan22 has a reputation beyond reputeJMan22 has a reputation beyond reputeJMan22 has a reputation beyond reputeJMan22 has a reputation beyond reputeJMan22 has a reputation beyond reputeJMan22 has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic looks good to win the USO for me. I can't see past him, although a lot said that about a Nadal/Djokovic Wimbledon final and we know what happened there. I'd have down Del Potro and Federer as darkhorses for the USO, although I'm not sure of you can call Federer a darkhorse at all. I don't see Murray being a major obstacle though, not at this one.
JMan22 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-22-2012, 07:59 PM   #52
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
it is funny how any thread about any other player quickly becomes a extremist type federereeesian missionary hangout from which they peddle their reckless blind hate for all other players and their fans.
This is probably truth, but it seems you only have problems with Federer-Fans. There are things that are way more annoying than them.
Try to respect other people more... Your other thread has a lot of shitty posters inside, and the worse of them aren't from the Fed-Wagon.

On topic: I said it before and I'm saying it now: If he doesn't finds his 2011 form he won't win the USO. His main objetive today needs to be that one.
Of course he can do it, but from what I saw this year, I won't be so confident.
He needs to dominate the hardcourts, Nadal is almost relegated to clay and he used to know how to beat Federer off clay. I think he still can do it, but come on... With this form, he's not winning the USO. Olympics will tell some things.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:02 PM   #53
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
This is probably truth, but it seems you only have problems with Federer-Fans. There are things that are way more annoying than them.
Try to respect other people more... Your other thread has a lot of shitty posters inside, and the worse of them aren't from the Fed-Wagon.

On topic: I said it before and I'm saying it now: If he doesn't finds his 2011 form he won't win the USO. His main objetive today needs to be that one.
He needs to dominate the hardcourts, Nadal is almost relegated to clay and he used to know how to beat Federer off clay. I think he still can do it, but come on... With this form, he's not winning the USO. Olympics will tell some things.
He got to the Aus Open finals less than 6 months ago... Also got to IW and Miami SFs, with bad knees by the end of it anyway. He's not as good as the other top 4 on HCs but he's hardly relegated to clay - he's still relevant on hard, especially slow hard. Do agree though that Novak needs to find that 2011 ruthlessness - it's his BH that really needs to click - the BHDTL was killer last year and is missing this year. Just way more UFEs than he was making last year.... No one has really explained that Wimbledon performance - he was playing well until the Fed match and then somehow just didn't show up.
Ash86 is online now View My Blog!  
Old 07-22-2012, 08:08 PM   #54
country flag Fedex

Fedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
nole`s best is yet to come. he has too much talent on loan from the gods.

he is not going anywhere.
I doubt Nole ever replicates his 2011 results.

He will win more slams though, obviously.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:30 PM   #55
country flag xargon

xargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond reputexargon has a reputation beyond repute

Nice thread Clay, I say Nole wins USO and takes one medal at OG, not sure what color. I think he might try to win Cincy for once!
xargon is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #56
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post

fair enough post. However, I disagree with you about the Olypics (grass tournament) it won't really tell us much. another thing is, I believe he does need to improve a bit, but his current form is good enough to win the USO. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-22-2012, 08:41 PM   #57
country flag victory1
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

victory1 has a reputation beyond reputevictory1 has a reputation beyond reputevictory1 has a reputation beyond reputevictory1 has a reputation beyond reputevictory1 has a reputation beyond reputevictory1 has a reputation beyond reputevictory1 has a reputation beyond reputevictory1 has a reputation beyond reputevictory1 has a reputation beyond reputevictory1 has a reputation beyond reputevictory1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

it is free amusement for the rest of us but it also shows how sick they really are.

you will never see normal fed fans stoop that low.
Actually, Nadals fans are the most hateful. Do you ever here the saying, what you do or say when you think you are around like minded people is who you truly are.

I used to be a very active member on this board a few years back and also used to visit a lot of players site. While Federer has always been my favorite player, I admired quite a few, like Nadal and Roddick. I love the game tennis. I used to be a consultant for a major workers comp insurance firm. I traveled 75% of the time but it was not glamorous since most factories that I would visit to go over their safety policies and make recommendations are located in mid-size to small towns. I used to be stuck for weeks at a time in some back wood towns. My laptop was my favorite past time once I got to my hotel room after 6:00pm. About 2 years ago I was able to transition to a business analyst at a major TV news station. The best part, 0 traveling but since I'm not stuck at a hotel room in the evenings, I'm no longer using my computer as much.

Anyway, like I said, I would surf the net for hours and joined a couple of message boards (tennis, ebooks, music, hair, politics, etc). I even recognized some of the user-names of people that are active here and acting like they are above approach. I can tell you 100% if you go to Federer fan site, you won't find not even 25% of the insults that Nadal fans hurl on Federer. Federer fans hardly even discuss Nadal if he is not playing Federer; it's all about Federer. Nadal fans seems to be obsessed with Federer.

By the way, they just as hateful when they discuss Djokovic. Most of his fans cannot stand the way he owned Nadal last year and the beginning of this year. They are constantly insulting him to. If you don't believe me, check out Federer fan site and Nadal fan site and see the glaring differences. I expected the opposite since Nadal is the one with the winning record over Federer but for some reason Nadal fans are very bitter. Go figure

Gael Monfils & Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

Are you a reader? Love electronics? Then this is for you...http://sonyreaderboards.com
victory1 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-22-2012, 09:05 PM   #58
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

victory1,
we should stick with the the topic here, your biography is interesting but not really related to the topic. I disagree with you that 'Nadal fans' are the worst. There are some serious cookies in all 3 major camps (Djokovic, Fed and Rafa) ... it's the same on all tennis boards. your argument how Fed fans discuss only Fed is kinda silly, of course they do it on the Federer official web site. Again, this is MTF, and you'll find many Fed/Djoko/Rafa tards who have nothing better to do than to troll 24/7. On the other hand you do have many respectful fans who simply support their players but are also very objective and knowledgeable.

OK, now I managed to derail this thread a bit, lol ... sorry guys
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #59
country flag The Fearhand

The Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
victory1,
we should stick with the the topic here, your biography is interesting but not really related to the topic. I disagree with you that 'Nadal fans' are the worst. There are some serious cookies in all 3 major camps (Djokovic, Fed and Rafa) ... it's the same on all tennis boards. your argument how Fed fans discuss only Fed is kinda silly, of course they do it on the Federer official web site. Again, this is MTF, and you'll find many Fed/Djoko/Rafa tards who have nothing better to do than to troll 24/7. On the other hand you do have many respectful fans who simply support their players but are also very objective and knowledgeable.

OK, now I managed to derail this thread a bit, lol ... sorry guys
I think victory is one of the good guys (fans not fanboys) who has a fav player he or she likes but also is fairly objective to appreciate other players. And I agree completely with you Alex. That's exactly how I feel too (especially the bolded parts). And this forum would be a much better place if more people were like you. That's my honest opinion.
The Fearhand is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-22-2012, 09:14 PM   #60
country flag Federer in 2

Federer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Roadblocks? Federer.

ROGER FEDERER

'Roger Federer is the best ever' - Everyone else other than John McEnroe

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Nadal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Federer. Disgusting.
#NoBiasTho
Federer in 2 is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread