The Great Serbian Slayer : Healthy, Fit, and Ready For Battle On Hard Courts - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 03:19 PM   #31
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Great Serbian Slayer : Healthy, Fit, and Ready For Battle On Hard Courts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
i see you as far more blind. you have been here a while.

show that you are a bigger person by not threatening a new poster with insults and name calling.

what that proves is that you are not a reponsible poster.

he simply stated an opinion. nothing more.
Anyway, no use quarreling, it doesn't lead anywhere. Back on topic, judging from Nole's attitude, schedule, his plans/talks about 2014 and all, seems to me he's in there for the long run. Not claiming of course he's going to have Fed's longevity (though when you see new generations, seems more and more likely), but Fed-like type of career definitely seems to be his goal
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2012, 03:22 PM   #32
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Great Serbian Slayer : Healthy, Fit, and Ready For Battle On Hard Courts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidbourbon View Post
You better go ahead and get it out now, or you'll be waiting for a loooong time. Fed isn't winning the USO, and he definitely isn't winning Aussie '13, and he definitely definitely isn't winning RG '13. So, yeah, you better go ahead and get it off your chest right now.
Why do people say such things. No one knows what's going to happen.

If Roger wins any of these you'll look just as bad and stupid as all the haters who said Roger wouldn't win another slam.

In fact Roger just loves to prove haters wrong, so keep the blind hate coming.
duarte_a is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-22-2012, 03:35 PM   #33
country flag The Fearhand

The Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Anyway, no use quarreling, it doesn't lead anywhere. Back on topic, judging from Nole's attitude, schedule, his plans/talks about 2014 and all, seems to me he's in there for the long run. Not claiming of course he's going to have Fed's longevity (though when you see new generations, seems more and more likely), but Fed-like type of career definitely seems to be his goal
Djokovic also plays a very physical game although maybe not as physical as Nadal but it is amazing how he is doing so well physically compared to Nadal who can't hold it together whereas Djo is going strong. Gotta admire that.
The Fearhand is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-22-2012, 03:40 PM   #34
country flag RForever
Banned!

RForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Vajda said that Nole could have 5 more slams in him. Does not sound like he believes in 2011 form or longetivity.
RForever is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-22-2012, 03:43 PM   #35
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon20 View Post
Djokovic also plays a very physical game although maybe not as physical as Nadal but it is amazing how he is doing so well physically compared to Nadal who can't hold it together whereas Djo is going strong. Gotta admire that.
Well, Nadal has congenital problems with his foot if I understood correctly, and though they both play physical game, Nole seems much less bulky and much more flexible than Nadal, at least to my eyes
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Old 07-22-2012, 03:43 PM   #36
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

nole is a lot smarter than the clay warrior. in addition to having been blessed with a far more efficient game he also practices year around on clay.

that keeps his game sharp and his knees and joints healthy.

also i might as well add that its the price of fame for total domination on clay for the last 8 years.

no way that kind of domination can happen on clay without a massive topspin game.

those came before him to dominate clay also had to do it with massive topspin: vilas, borg, and muster for instance.

that very heavy topspin limits them on quicker surfaces so they try much harder there and that is there nadal has fucked up his knees.

Last edited by Clay Death : 07-22-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-22-2012, 03:50 PM   #37
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidbourbon View Post
Well, he has a chance if Djoker gets hurt. Besides that, he has no chance.
That sounds like a good chance to me.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #38
Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RForever View Post
Vajda said that Nole could have 5 more slams in him. Does not sound like he believes in 2011 form or longetivity.
We'll see, it's not like he needs to be very best every time, I don't think Fed and Nadal were at their absolute peak every time they won a slam. Depends on the opponents and general competition too, etc.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:08 PM   #39
country flag fsoica

fsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
no way that kind of domination can happen on clay without a massive topspin game.

those came before him to dominate clay also had to do it with massive topspin: vilas, borg, and muster for instance.

that very heavy topspin limits them on quicker surfaces so they try much harder there and that is there nadal has fucked up his knees.
nice theory, but noone in the history of the game came even close to nadal's topspin. federer at his highest topspin shots is 1000 rpm lower than nadal. Borg does not belong in the discution. muster is a different story, his career got screwed due to different reasons, so he does not belong in the discution. vilas , i don't know his game...

ROGER FEDERER: No, Roger Federer doesn't pull out. Otherwise he doesn't walk on court (smiling).

After losing to Nalbandian in 2005 TMC final...
fsoica is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-22-2012, 04:19 PM   #40
country flag Bigselber

Bigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond reputeBigselber has a reputation beyond repute

As of now, Federer is my favorite for the US open.
Bigselber is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-22-2012, 04:42 PM   #41
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

and my vote is going to the great serbian slayer.

i think he takes toronto and the u.s. open.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:45 PM   #42

The Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We'll see, it's not like he needs to be very best every time, I don't think Fed and Nadal were at their absolute peak every time they won a slam. Depends on the opponents and general competition too, etc.
I think Djo can win more than 5. Federer has maybe 1 good year left in him IMO unless he does something crazy again like winning a Wimbledon GS at 31 in style and Nole is only 25 so he has plenty of time and longetivity will be fine and Nadal is battling with injuries so don't see him doing well or build any longetivity to stay in the game for long and even if he is 100% Nole does well against Nadal has a better chance against Nadal than Nadal has against Djo so he will be the clear favorite IMO for the next couple years except maybe...maybe clay and even there he is getting better and almost came close to winning it this year.

I can see Djo winning at least 7 more and like you said depending on opponents, circumstances even more. I can see him winning RG at least 1 time, Wimby 2 times, AO 3 times and USO 3 times.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:57 PM   #43
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

nole`s best is yet to come. he has too much talent on loan from the gods.

he is not going anywhere.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:04 PM   #44

Quote:
nole`s best is yet to come. he has too much talent on loan from the gods.

he is not going anywhere.
I wholeheartedly (or should I say Noleheartedly) agree with you.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:12 PM   #45
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by manadrainer View Post
Nole will be the favourite in new York, but watch out for Fed. If he can bring his wimbledon form he might surprise the Serbian slayer.

Too early to talk about Nadal's chances as we don't know if he'll be fully fit.
I think Roger will be the favourite there.

Quote:
and my vote is going to the great serbian slayer.

i think he takes toronto and the u.s. open.
Haas takes Toronto. Deal with it haters!
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread