Attention Seeker Thread. - Apocalypse Now..... Enlightenment Tomorrow. - Page 93 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 04:09 AM   #1381
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Attention Seekers Vol. 2012 - New life bring joy.

Did you not go to the Aus Open trips? Then again you might not have seen any practice since sessions since you were looking for Fed all the time.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2012, 04:17 AM   #1382
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Okay so it works the same way. I just wondered because Hema said she prefers to watch the matches on TV which implied that she doesn't watch any of the matches when she's there. I guess being Singaporean I couldn't fathom why she wouldn't want to get her money's worth which made me wonder if the players practise somewhere else.

And no I didn't watch Rogi practise at all. What a fail. And only saw him once.

I did see nalby practise though. He walked towards me to get a ball and I went to fangirl heaven.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-28-2012, 04:21 AM   #1383
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

It's much better being live at the events then watching on TV or a computer. Especially in the first 5 days of a Slam.

As for training off site well there aren't enough courts and they do it.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-28-2012, 06:02 AM   #1384
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
It's much better being live at the events then watching on TV or a computer. Especially in the first 5 days of a Slam.

As for training off site well there aren't enough courts and they do it.
Yep, the first week of a Slam is great to attend. Too bad my favourite player always plays on centre court.

See, my question wasn't that stupid after all.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
Old 08-28-2012, 06:41 AM   #1385
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Tripsy, AJ!

Mugrin's 5-setter couldn't have been good for Hema & the baby! So it was all good she wasn't on site.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:47 AM   #1386
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and AJ, it's good I'm not quite 50 yet. (Regarding the Rafa "fangirls" you told about). But one got to get some joy somewhere, no?
Old 08-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #1387
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post

Dumb question, but do you have to buy a ticket to watch the practices?
No. Don't know about the other slams but at USO the qualifying week is free and Saturday is the kids' day and then Sunday they call it the practice day when no matches take place. I usually like to go Sunday because I enjoy the relaxed atmosphere but you still get to see most of the players. After I attended some matches a couple of years ago and the novelty wore off, I didn't really feel like I would miss anything and in fact, found it better to watch the matches on TV.
“But even so, amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still for ever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.” - Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-28-2012, 11:52 PM   #1388
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder how many points gaitare has watched so far.

I wonder if Thanos is watching Tomic.

I wonder if finishingmove will post in AS before the end of the year.
“But even so, amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still for ever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.” - Melville, Moby Dick

Last edited by tennizen : 08-29-2012 at 12:07 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:37 AM   #1389
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

AJ something you will find interesting. My uniervsity (Clemson)played the Slovenian national team in womens volleyball tonight. We beat Slovenia in 5 sets. won the first two and lost the next two and won the 5th 15-10. It was interesting to watch, Slovenia had better attackers but our team is more scrappy and got the extra ball back.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is online now View My Blog!  
Old 08-29-2012, 03:52 AM   #1390
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_here_grindin View Post
AJ something you will find interesting. My uniervsity (Clemson)played the Slovenian national team in womens volleyball tonight. We beat Slovenia in 5 sets. won the first two and lost the next two and won the 5th 15-10. It was interesting to watch, Slovenia had better attackers but our team is more scrappy and got the extra ball back.
Slovenia never been that good at volleyball. Though it would be a good trip for them and that's classic US style volleyball.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #1391
country flag tennizen

Johnny Groove in GM

Can't believe so many people still humor his BS.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:16 AM   #1392
country flag tripwires

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
Johnny Groove in GM

Can't believe so many people still humor his BS.
What? Where? Which thread?

EDIT: I think I know what you were talking about.

Last edited by tripwires : 08-30-2012 at 02:40 AM.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:48 AM   #1393
country flag tennizen

Was going to say you were guilty of it too.

Loving the one- post- per- day pace of this thread.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #1394
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

What was Groove up to?

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #1395
country flag tennizen

Check the Berdych majors thread.
Closed Thread