Attention Seeker Thread. - Apocalypse Now..... Enlightenment Tomorrow. - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 09:19 AM   #31
country flag gaitare

gaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Attention Seekers Assemble Vol. Mayan 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
cool
i can make a psychological drama on you with a sad ending and try with the filmschool again
Psychological drama with a sad ending can open all the doors for you in this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
are you an artist?

or more like... organizator rozmieszczenia instalacji sanitarnych w budynkach użyteczności publicznej (sorry no idea how it would be called in english )
There are artists in my profession but I'm closer to the latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
He is an ar*-hitec-*ist. Could also be an anarchist or Anti-Christ.
good work , but you got carried away with all three

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddzy View Post
Really liked the movie too - it has a star studded British cast and is beautifully shot in Rajasthan. The only low-light is the character of the main caretaker of the hotel (he is the lead in Slumdog M ) - could not stand his overacting in the movie.
I don't think he knows any other way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Look, I'm not a fan of comics at all - I don't see the point in reading comics or graphic ""novels"" when there are real novels to read. I never read any of the Batman comics and never will, never watched the cartoons, am not into the action figures or whatever, only watched the Tim Burton Batman movies and the Schumacher one. But the whole point to Nolan's franchise is that the films transcend the source material's comic book origins. I watch a lot of movies based on comic books and none of them get to me on an intellectual and emotional level as much as Nolan's Batman films do. Superhero movies are usually entertaining and fun, like the Avengers and the new Spiderman movie were. How many of them are actually entertaining and intelligent? How many of them actually have a protagonist who is as well thought out, developed and acted as Bruce Wayne is in Nolan's films?
Agreed that most graphic novels are certainly graphic but too often not novels enough. The stroylines, the plots, the dialogues may be a bit disappointing, especially in relation to usually very nice graphic content. What pisses me off about graphic novels is that they tend to be wayyyy too autobiographical (autographical?) and memoirish, the artists look too much into their selves and there's not enough real creation with the storylines.

But there are some great ones too, like Jason Lutes' "Berlin" series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
gaitare is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2012, 09:26 AM   #32
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Ching Yuen View Post
This is very awkward. I can't explain such obvious sentences.
You do know that I would never pull a Llodra on you and call you Chinese though.
Does it have something to do with some white men's fetish for Asian women?

Yes, that's the surest sign of our eternal friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Permabanned? What did he do? Btw, hi everybody
Probably was just being himself in GM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaitare View Post
There are artists in my profession but I'm closer to the latter.
So what do you do exactly?

Quote:
Agreed that most graphic novels are certainly graphic but too often not novels enough. The stroylines, the plots, the dialogues may be a bit disappointing, especially in relation to usually very nice graphic content. What pisses me off about graphic novels is that they tend to be wayyyy too autobiographical (autographical?) and memoirish, the artists look too much into their selves and there's not enough real creation with the storylines.

But there are some great ones too, like Jason Lutes' "Berlin" series.
I'm just really not into comics or graphic novels, except some Japanese manga for a couple of years (which I outgrew rather quickly). I do think that some graphic novels are brilliantly drawn though, and they look really impressive. I just cannot take it seriously.

Sigh having such a bad day.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-23-2012, 09:33 AM   #33
country flag Li Ching Yuen

Li Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond repute

Stop putting gaitare in an uncomfortable situation.

Let's just say rumour has it he got the job.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:36 AM   #34

Li Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Does it have something to do with some white men's fetish for Asian women?

Yes, that's the surest sign of our eternal friendship.
It has to do with the fact that once someone passes into the minority along with relocation there's a certain social shift but I'm sure that will be cushioned by the fact that London is already a mashup of all sorts of races and nationalities.

Did you watch that movie?
Old 07-23-2012, 09:45 AM   #35
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

OK that was a good video. sorry I put you on the spot, gait.

Quote:
It has to do with the fact that once someone passes into the minority along with relocation there's a certain social shift but I'm sure that will be cushioned by the fact that London is already a mashup of all sorts of races and nationalities.
Oh my god, a serious comment from you?

Actually I felt like I blended pretty well when I visited London in 2008, probably because, like you said, there's already a mix of races, so nobody cared that I wasn't white. In fact, pretty much no one seemed to give a shit about your existence, which is the true mark of a major city, so I should be okay. In contrast, I felt like an alien when I was running around Greece; felt as if the Greeks had never seen an Asian person before.

Quote:
Did you watch that movie?
Not yet. I went to the Dark Knight Rises last night. Have you watched the other one I mentioned? I heard it's really brutal.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
Old 07-23-2012, 09:51 AM   #36

Wait, which one was that?
Old 07-23-2012, 09:55 AM   #37

Quote:
Oh my god, a serious comment from you?
I really should stop posting here on Mondays. It's getting too weird.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #38
country flag tripwires

Irreversible. Clearly you didn't pay attention to my PM.

I know. Serious just doesn't suit some people...

Can I just say really quickly - fuck my fucking life!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2012, 10:01 AM   #39
country flag Commander Data

Commander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Also, it's about time CD is permabanned (if true).
What did I do?

- Magnus Carlsen
Commander Data is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-23-2012, 10:04 AM   #40

Quote:
Irreversible. Clearly you didn't pay attention to my PM.

I know. Serious just doesn't suit some people...

Can I just say really quickly - fuck my fucking life!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, Irreversible. I was just testing you to see if your memory can stretch over 2 days.
I might watch it. Seems like a good downer.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:09 AM   #41
country flag tripwires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Data View Post
What did I do?
You have the same initials as the other CD.

Anyway, you are Commander to me, not CD.

Quote:
Yes, Irreversible. I was just testing you to see if your memory can stretch over 2 days.
I might watch it. Seems like a good downer.
My memory is pretty awesome, thanks. I know I'm old but amnesia hasn't set in yet. I've always been curious but never really dared to watch 'cause it looks REALLY bad. I hate overly violent movies.

Last edited by tripwires : 07-23-2012 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Emoticon typo
Old 07-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #42

Tell us about your horrible life, Trip.

I didn't skip that part. Just waited for you to calm down a second.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:17 AM   #43
country flag tripwires

Eh you already know; I'm having second thoughts about London. I also spent 1.5 hours this afternoon comforting my friend at work who's going through a rough time. Can't wait to go home and rest my tired soul by watching crappy American shows on my laptop. I'm watching Hart of Dixie right now: www.imdb.com/title/tt1832979/

Please feel free to diss my impeccably poor taste in TV shows.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #44

Normal, but remember what we talked about awhile back.

I'm watching The Wire these days, which is, as you know, the creme de la creme.
Check out this song:

That's the stuff right there.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:26 AM   #45
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How nice of you Thanos.

Student visa to the UK. I'm gonna take my Masters in London in September. The whole process is such a pain in the ass.

What have you been up to lately?
srsly you'll be in europe? for how long? we'll have to meet

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread