Attention Seeker Thread. - Apocalypse Now..... Enlightenment Tomorrow. - Page 179 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #2671
country flag gaitare

gaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Attention Seekers Vol. 2012 - Woman virginity is worth $780,000 USD.

Good that MTF contest season is round the corner, you need entertainment during the third trimester.
gaitare is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #2672
country flag gaitare

gaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Attention Seekers Vol. 2012 - Woman virginity is worth $780,000 USD.

AJ's multiquote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #2673
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
What I said to Thanos. I don't think we are moving in the right direction either but if you just go by extreme/deviant behavior,then there were plenty of oddities in other times as well.
Well, unlike some other systems, capitalism was created with the sole purpose of exploitation. Of resources, including humans.

As for where we are going - we are going towards the inevitable... It's just a cycle.
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-25-2012, 04:46 PM   #2674
country flag gaitare

So what will come after capitalism? inevitably the "good" people that will come into power will become "evil" soon enough because power and money corrupt.

Capitalism will stay because when the shit will really be about to hit the fan the people of Davos will make some small concessions. Or maybe they will use force at the right moment.

The 99% percent are and will be disorganised because they're not a unity. There are anarchists among them. There are fans of good ol' lefty terrorism among them. There are people who want "more of the same with an element of humanity involved" among them. Too many ways, that's not going to cut the mustard.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:52 PM   #2675
country flag gaitare

Paire will become hot for two weeks and will win a slam. Is that a bold prediction?
Old 10-25-2012, 04:57 PM   #2676
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post

the woman who sold her virginity?
sloots gonna sloot so no surprise there.

None of them beta men should have bided for her and she would have been embarassed.

Quote:
but, mind you, she agreed to this willingly. for money.

that's the really shocking, disturbing and demoralizing point of the story.
Yes it is, but guess who has allowed women to do this kind of crap? Men.

Nowadays men have become so fuking pathetic it's ridiculous. It's men acting like little beta white knights that has created a generation of women to become stuck up and expect everything in life to be handed to them on a plate. Men are basically allowing to be dominated by women and it's down right pathetic. Men need to man up before it's too late.

If this was a man auctioning his virginity, doubt any women would have given a single shit about it.
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-25-2012, 05:11 PM   #2677
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, unlike some other systems, capitalism was created with the sole purpose of exploitation. Of resources, including humans.
What's your preferred alternative?

Quote:
As for where we are going - we are going towards the inevitable... It's just a cycle.
What's this 'inevitable'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post
sloots gonna sloot so no surprise there.

None of them beta men should have bided for her and she would have been embarassed.
It's commonly said that change is the only constant, but I think it's more true that the only constant in the universe that's always reliable is the horniness of men.

Quote:
Nowadays men have become so fuking pathetic it's ridiculous. It's men acting like little beta white knights that has created a generation of women to become stuck up and expect everything in life to be handed to them on a plate. Men are basically allowing to be dominated by women and it's down right pathetic. Men need to man up before it's too late.
Men are dominated by women? Are we living in the same world? Even if men were dominated by women, is that wrong in and of itself?
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-25-2012, 05:21 PM   #2678

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaitare View Post
So what will come after capitalism? inevitably the "good" people that will come into power will become "evil" soon enough because power and money corrupt.

Capitalism will stay because when the shit will really be about to hit the fan the people of Davos will make some small concessions. Or maybe they will use force at the right moment.

The 99% percent are and will be disorganised because they're not a unity. There are anarchists among them. There are fans of good ol' lefty terrorism among them. There are people who want "more of the same with an element of humanity involved" among them. Too many ways, that's not going to cut the mustard.
Honestly I predict some kind of a nuclear incident / war in the nearest future.

Before capitalism is over, the people in power will fight to stay on top and make Bush's oil-campaign-war in Iraq look like child's play.

When people realize they share a common enemy, it's easier to be united than you think. It's not any kind of utopian hope.

People will get fed up with it.

Well, I mean, you do realize that capitalism is not infinitely sustainable? It's not a bold prediction at all to say it will be replaced by something else. Maybe it's 50 years, maybe even 500.
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #2679

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post

If this was a man auctioning his virginity, doubt any women would have given a single shit about it.
Well, I agree with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
What's your preferred alternative?

What's this 'inevitable'?
I don't know. The point is, it will reach a boiling point after which pretty much anything will be a better alternative. Knowing history, the best system is the one where corruption is least possible. Then again, knowing history...

'inevitable' is whatever the dictionary defines it as. I'm not a prophet. Marx proposed his prediction of how things would unravel. People tried to force that concept artificially and it was a real flop. Whether real communism will succeed capitalism one day and prove him right, or something else will happen - who knows...

Human society as an entity is a very slow learner. That's the problem. But I believe one day, after a lot of lessons learned, people will get smarter and start living better.

Well, either that or we will destroy ourselves completely. I'd like to think that won't happen.

Anyway, this is becoming a bit of a rant. Hope you got the idea and can complement the story with your own ideas in your own heads...
Quote:
Old 10-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #2680
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

How is Topspinfetishist not banned? Thanos' "discriminatory" remark was so mild compared to the vile crap that guy's sprouting in the Iraq thread.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
Old 10-25-2012, 05:37 PM   #2681
country flag tripwires

Quote:
Well, I agree with that.

I don't know. The point is, it will reach a boiling point after which pretty much anything will be a better alternative. Knowing history, the best system is the one where corruption is least possible. Then again, knowing history...

'inevitable' is whatever the dictionary defines it as. I'm not a prophet. Marx proposed his prediction of how things would unravel. People tried to force that concept artificially and it was a real flop. Whether real communism will succeed capitalism one day and prove him right, or something else will happen - who knows...

Human society as an entity is a very slow learner. That's the problem. But I believe one day, after a lot of lessons learned, people will get smarter and start living better.

Well, either that or we will destroy ourselves completely. I'd like to think that won't happen.

Anyway, this is becoming a bit of a rant. Hope you got the idea and can complement the story with your own ideas in your own heads...
Thanks.

Gotta rush out now, but basically, I agree with your basic point, that capitalism won't last forever and that something else will come along to replace it. That's been the trajectory of human history since, well, the beginning of time. Capitalism/democracy appears to be the best way to live now because everything else that came before it has failed; is it really the best though? Probably not (in fact, democracy is overrated in my opinion but it's the least of all evils). Only time will tell.

I think I agree with the Hobbesian view on human nature though, so we'll probably self-destruct at some point.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:38 PM   #2682
country flag gaitare

Quote:
Honestly I predict some kind of a nuclear incident / war in the nearest future.

Before capitalism is over, the people in power will fight to stay on top and make Bush's oil-campaign-war in Iraq look like child's play.

When people realize they share a common enemy, it's easier to be united than you think. It's not any kind of utopian hope.

People will get fed up with it.

Well, I mean, you do realize that capitalism is not infinitely sustainable? It's not a bold prediction at all to say it will be replaced by something else. Maybe it's 50 years, maybe even 500.
Yes, I do realize that. My post was teferring to conceivable future (whatever that is), I failed to mention that . I just can't imagine it going soon. By soon I mean like 200-300 years. Not that I'm a futurologist.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:40 PM   #2683
country flag gaitare

hi trip
Old 10-25-2012, 05:40 PM   #2684
country flag gaitare

bye trip
Old 10-25-2012, 05:40 PM   #2685
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

I've been taught that after the rotten-to-the-core capitalism comes shinny happy people communism as the superior form of society. having lived that i hope the cycle doesnt include only these two forms, i'd rather start with the tribal matriarchate again, tyvm