Attention Seeker Thread. - Apocalypse Now..... Enlightenment Tomorrow. - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #151
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Attention Seekers Assemble Vol. Mayan 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
My user CP suggests that my assertion that I don't troll is 100% correct.
my user cp suggests i am finally reaching people
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #152
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
i think CD was nowhere near as bad as some other clowns that still post on GM
Lucky I don't have banning powers. He was a douchecanoe when he started posting and still a douchecanoe when banned, but as I said before this place would be lucky to have 20 people.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-24-2012, 02:09 PM   #153
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
maybe poland and india both need security experts
“But even so, amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still for ever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.” - Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #154

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

Clay Death was not really one of those highly disruptive trolls, the only thing that you can hold against him is how he treats back people that attack him.

But if one of us was exposed to such harsh and frequent attacks, how would we deal with it?

I don't think he deserved a permaban, no more than people on the other side of the argument.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:11 PM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
i take it you disagree?
Old 07-24-2012, 02:12 PM   #156
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wasn't really upset by those incidents except the first one and that was because I was in a totally jolly mood and it came out of nowhere. If it's only random verbal assault, I feel like I get the frustration that comes from not understanding(or not wanting to understand) a culture radically different from yours. Sometimes when I look at our culture from an alien point of view, I sympathize with how Americans might feel.

For example: At university, all the Indians and Chinese were really aggressive in reserving the tennis courts. They found out that a system was in place and made it top priority to use it to the maximum. This sort of aggressive mindset comes from having been brought up in over-populated countries with limited resources. The American kids were really casual and didn't worry about reservations and such and consequently got kicked out of the courts all the time . I feel like I would completely understand if they wanted to kick us out of their country.
I see what you mean and I think it's admirable that you try to understand why they might be frustrated. I just think it's in poor taste to point out a person's race when one's insulting the said person though. It's like that Llodra incident when he called some fan Chinese - he probably didn't mean it in a racist manner, but why did he have to point out that she was Chinese? Was that meant to be an insult? Why couldn't he have said "you bitch"? I would've found that less offensive.

You mean the Americans don't usually book their tennis courts in advance? I get stressed out when I can't book my courts at least 3 days before I'm due to play.

Quote:
Seems like this is a trait common to all formely colonized nations. Indians were extremely proud of their cultural achievements, philosophy etc. for a long time until the Brits crushed their pride completely. Now we are a mass of confused people. There are many who cannot get over our former glories and the remaining cannot overcome the attitude of subservience to white people.
Does the government perpetuate this attitude of subservience? Because I always get the sense that the Singapore government did/does. Just recently the CEO position of a government-linked investment company was given to some white guy, and major construction projects for iconic landmarks in the country are usually given to foreign architecture firms. It's not like we don't have our own architects; it's not like foreign is necessarily better. Of course, it's entirely possible that the white guy was just that qualified for the job, or that those foreign firms who submitted tenders were just better than the local firms; but when such things keep happening, it just leaves a really sour taste in the mouth. It also doesn't help that many CEOs in big companies are white males.

"Mass of confused people" definitely describes Singapore as well. At least India has a rich history and cultural tradition; our history began with a British guy discovering the island.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Ching Yuen View Post
I'm more of an elusive member of it. I don't count.
You have over 3,000 posts. You are a significant member of MTF.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-24-2012, 02:12 PM   #157
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

CD's rhetoric was one of the most tiresome things I've ever had the pleasure to read. Ban worthy IMO. Objectively speaking not so much.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #158
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

^ Yeah, people like Big John and HKz hounded him relentlessly and quite single-mindedly. And even when he responded agressively, he usually toned it down in the subsequent posts.

I think this accumulated infraction rule leading to a permaban is pretty ridiculous.
“But even so, amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still for ever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.” - Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-24-2012, 02:20 PM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
CD's rhetoric was one of the most tiresome things I've ever had the pleasure to read. Ban worthy IMO. Objectively speaking not so much.
But yeah, as you said, not breaking forum rules with it.

Quote:
^ Yeah, people like Big John and HKz hounded him relentlessly and quite single-mindedly. And even when he responded agressively, he usually toned it down in the subsequent posts.

I think this accumulated infraction rule leading to a permaban is pretty ridiculous.
Big John deserved to be permabanned before Clay Death

I really wonder what his purpose is here sometimes... He only engages in tard to tard and troll to troll discussions and provokes people.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:29 PM   #160
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

BigJohn amuses me.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
Old 07-24-2012, 02:30 PM   #161
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

CD, same shit all the time. He couldn't handle anything resembling discussion, that was shown well enough. Want to talk up a big game or the big man then got to deal with it.

It can't be hard when someone gets so many infractions and warnings that they are on thin ice.

Then the same old martyr shit, yet the same people bitching are the ones who'd be celebrating another banning.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 07-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #162
country flag Li Ching Yuen

Li Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
You have over 3,000 posts. You are a significant member of MTF.
I don't know how to react when confronted with such strong affectionate signals.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:37 PM   #163
country flag Thanos
Banned!

Thanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
BigJohn amuses me.
ejaculon is part of the blind breed that shows no respect and keep the blind hate free flowing.
Thanos is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-24-2012, 02:37 PM   #164
country flag tripwires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
CD, same shit all the time. He couldn't handle anything resembling discussion, that was shown well enough. Want to talk up a big game or the big man then got to deal with it.

It can't be hard when someone gets so many infractions and warnings that they are on thin ice.

Then the same old martyr shit, yet the same people bitching are the ones who'd be celebrating another banning.
I agree. It's not that difficult to put the trolls on ignore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Ching Yuen View Post
I don't know how to react when confronted with such strong affectionate signals.
You are a precious and cherished member of MTF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
ejaculon is part of the blind breed that shows no respect and keep the blind hate free flowing.
Affirmative, General Thanos.

Wait, I meant Master Thanos.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #165
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
I was in Sydney recently. Got served by this Chilean guy in the Spanish/South American deli in Yagoona. Top bloke loved it when I mentioned Zamorano.

Are you a morcilla fan or not?

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Closed Thread