12 killed and 59 wounded in Denver shooting at a Batman showing - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-24-2012, 10:55 AM   #46
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 12 killed and 59 wounded in Denver shooting at a Batman showing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Ching Yuen View Post
I'm honestly amazed that you found the composure to answer in detail to these extremely ignorant posts in here, Trip.

Props and well said, it's my point of view as well
This from someone who most probably is concealing his real nationality.
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2012, 11:30 AM   #47
country flag Li Ching Yuen

Li Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
This from someone who most probably is concealing his real nationality.
So by this you're implying that this is a nationalistic dilemma.

Say hello to my ignore list, you sorry-ass.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:46 AM   #48
country flag Tommy_Vercetti

Tommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
US, the leader of the free world I agree with Li Ching Yuen, you could use some help, it's a known condition after all
You do realize that is the absolute truth don't you? Or are you that ignorant of history.

Please tell me which nations in the entire world in 1776 were free? No bs. Name them.

Last edited by Tommy_Vercetti : 07-24-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Tommy_Vercetti is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #49

Tommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond reputeTommy_Vercetti has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have always understood that the US constitution was talking about the right to bear arms in an organized militia and the founding fathers did not have in mind that everyone would be running around with their own concealed weapons and accountable to no-one.

Any comments on that? It does not seem to get mentioned much by the anti-gun lobby, but to me seems a crucial point.
I fully agree with you on the first point. It is about a militia. Because passing a law that says you can own a gun would be like passing a law that says you have the right to own a chair in the 18th century. You surely know that there was no gun control of any kind for more than a century after the founding fathers and all those they influenced directly were dead? The idea that they believed that the US government had the right to (and would eventually) strip the citizens of their weapons is completely asinine. History and all the laws of the time and for a long time afterward, completely discounts that.

And whatever the wording, the constitution has been amended and changed so many times that it is irrelevant to me. Common sense and realism is what should matter. And all the gun control people tend to be the Occupy idiots who talk about how oppressive and corrupt the government is, while really promoting the idea that they should have all the guns and control of everything.

Last edited by Tommy_Vercetti : 07-24-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
If the right to own guns were that important to one's ability to defend oneself, how many of those movie-goers in Denver were actually able to defend themselves against a guns-wielding lunatic who opened fire at them indiscriminately?
That's the whole point. Colorado (and Aurora in particular) has some of the most strict gun laws in the US. If one of them were carrying, they could have saved a lot of people. I've carried a concealed weapon on me since I turned 21. If someone ever started shooting around me, they had better hope I am one of the first down.

Last edited by Tommy_Vercetti : 07-24-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #51
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_Vercetti View Post
You do realize that is the absolutely truth don't you? Or are you that ignorant of history.

Please tell me which nations in the entire world in 1776 were free? No bs. Name them. They don't exist.
Free? A nation which committed genocide against Native Americans, and with desegregation problems like 50 or 60 years ago is free? That's a good joke. Share some more
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Free? A nation which committed genocide against Native Americans, and desegregation problems like 50 or 60 years ago is free? That's a good joke. Share some more
I am still waiting for you to list any of the nations in the world that were free or had the kind of fundamental rights that the majority of citizens of the US had at the times. I want you to list them.

Genocide? If the US (or the European nations that began the wars) had wanted to wipe out the Indians, it would have been done. And they came here from Asia and wiped out the first race that was here. They were no more native Americans than any recent immigrants. Their numbers were always vastly exaggerated. You want to look at genocidal wars involving the Indians, you look at the wars they had with each other. And they owned slaves in places where they still had control for decades after they were freed in the South. You remember that when you bring up the "unfortunate" Indians. They were brutal, imperialistic societies that destroyed and enslaved their enemies at any opportunity. The constant whining and accusations about their defeat is just more sickening hypocrisy from abroad. The same kind of sickening hypocrisy that is used against the Israelis. Even though they have historical rights, even more so than the right of conquest that created the world we live in.

Of course, if I lived in a country like Serbia that has lost virtually every war they have ever fought and has been occupied so many times, I'm sure I'd probably be bitter too. Thank goodness that's not the case.

Last edited by Tommy_Vercetti : 07-24-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:15 PM   #53
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You do realize that is the absolute truth don't you? Or are you that ignorant of history.

Please tell me which nations in the entire world in 1776 were free? No bs. Name them.
Was the US a ''free'' nation from the point of view of a slave?
Old 07-24-2012, 12:16 PM   #54
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Tommy has proven himself to be a typical loony Republican. On that count I think it's impossible to engage him in any genuine and/or meaningful discussion.

I'll say this - I'm glad I'm not American or living in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using VS Free
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:21 PM   #55
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:

Why not? You can pretty much be who you want to be. Not like Singapore.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #56

Quote:
Was the US a ''free'' nation from the point of view of a slave?
Once again. It was founded as a nation of free white men. And became a superpower under segregation. The whole multi-cultural and tolerant America is modern propaganda. When I speak of free, I talk about the rights of the white men who fought in the Revolution, then built the country into what it was. And gave it to their descendents. Not the slaves who were not considered to be citizens. And didn't have the rights or the responsibilities.

Most Americans of any race today (including me) are not direct descendents of the original colonists, but the point remains that their revolution and their legacy is what created the modern free societies.

Last edited by Tommy_Vercetti : 07-24-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:29 PM   #57

Quote:
Tommy has proven himself to be a typical loony Republican.
You couldn't be more mistaken. The Republican party is a disgrace, almost as much as the Democrats. I am a realist, it's impossible for me to ever vote for either. Pandering demagogues the lot.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:32 PM   #58
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Once again. It was founded as a nation of free white men. And became a superpower under segregation. When I speak of free, I talk about the rights of the white men who fought in the Revolution, then built the country into what it was. And gave it to their descendents. Not the slaves who were not considered to be Americans. And didn't have the rights or the responsibilities.
I will let that view speak for itself.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:37 PM   #59

So it's not true that the US was built into the most powerful nation on earth (in 1945) by a system of slavery and then segregation? That's just the way it is. America was never intended to be a multi-cultural mecca that people try to say it should be. It was made into the industrial and military power it became by a system entirely controlled by white men. Any only after it became that did all this did racial identity politics and tolerance begin to send it in the other direction.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #60
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Genocide? If the US (or the European nations that began the wars) had wanted to wipe out the Indians, it would have been done. And they came here from Asia and wiped out the first race that was here. They were no more native Americans than any recent immigrants. Their numbers were always vastly exaggerated. You want to look at genocidal wars involving the Indians, you look at the wars they had with each other. And they owned slaves in places where they still had control for decades after they were freed in the South. You remember that when you bring up the "unfortunate" Indians. They were brutal, imperialistic societies that destroyed and enslaved their enemies at any opportunity. The constant whining and accusations about their defeat is just more sickening hypocrisy from abroad. The same kind of sickening hypocrisy that is used against the Israelis. Even though they have historical rights, even more so than the right of conquest that created the world we live in.
Hey, at least Serbia admitted and apologized when it went wrong, you on the other hand are proud of your killings and of your bloody history, you talk about the Indians like they were a pest of some kind, that you helped the land get rid of. You dare talk about freedom, it's beyond pathetic, it's just sad. No wonder that you defend the use of guns so fiercely, and that the rest of the world see some of you guys as brutal savages.

Quote:
Tommy has proven himself to be a typical loony Republican. On that count I think it's impossible to engage him in any genuine and/or meaningful discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using VS Free
Amen to that
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote