Inconsistent moderation - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 02:53 PM   #1
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute
Default Inconsistent moderation

A post that I made in this thread (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=206589) in which I called a post by Ash86 "stupid" and told her to "get a fucking brain, you fangirl" (or something along those lines) was deleted.

At first I thought that the deletion was because I called her post stupid and basically insinuated that she didn't have a brain, which seemed like a reasonable cause for deletion...until I went back to the thread and noticed that similarly offensive and/or insulting posts have not been deleted.

By Clay Death: http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=407

Quote:
actuallly that was a great post by ash. he or she speaks the truth and truth always bites some people.

and looks like it is biting you pretty good.

trippy you claim to be a prim and proper woman and all that but i would say that you are pretty much an embarassment from what i have seen here lately.

i would not want to be associated with such pathetic hypocrites and you are dangerously close now.

and that language. is that what you call conservative, well mannered, prim and proper?

you should be ashamed of yourself.

just remember that nobody gives a damn about hypocrites.
By Sunset of Age: http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=409

Quote:
How about finally pissing off yourself, in stead of consistantly pointing out the finger to reasonable, friendly Federer fans, like you do all the time?
Many Fed fans - or should I have said TENNIS fans? - have expressed that they are sorry and sad to know Nadal won't be able to defend his Olympic Title, and I'm one of them.

You are a complete idiot. Yes I said it. Bu-bye, CD!
By Clay Death in response to Sunset of Age: http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=414

Quote:
carry on with your name calling.

i know you run to the mods when they call you a few names around here.

now go find a mod to hold your hand in advance just in case somebody figures you out and tells you that you are a hapless and a very sick hypocrite.
The only difference that I see between these posts and my post that was deleted is that I used the word "fuck" in my post. Last I checked, that word isn't censored in this forum, so that can't be the reason it was deleted. If it was deleted because I insulted someone, I fail to see why the above posts weren't similarly deleted.

An explanation would be nice please. Thank you.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2012, 09:10 PM   #2
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inconsistent moderation

I will take a look into this.

In any case, the thread ended up closed.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-22-2012, 07:17 AM   #3
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks scoobs. I'm guessing another reason for the deletion was that the post I quoted was deleted, but I haven't gone back to check, so I don't know for sure. Even if that's the case, it probably makes more sense to delete the posts by CD and Karin, just to name a few, since those posts essentially followed from mine.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
Old 07-22-2012, 08:25 AM   #4
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

your post was deleted because it was reported. theirs weren't reported and stayed, mods aren't reading every thread and all the posts in thread. but don't be bothered with it, if i would be opening threads for such cases i would be banned for spamming
Old 07-23-2012, 12:53 AM   #5
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Well, some posters have got three month bans for pretty harmless (and clearly not serious) 'death wishes' and 'wishing injury'.

Earlier today, a poster called Looner a paedophile and his mother a ***** in no uncertain terms in a GM thread and he was not banned (the post was just deleted).

I wouldn't call it inconsistent moderation since I don't believe there's any moderation at all going on, it seems to be just a figurehead position.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-23-2012, 02:59 AM   #6
country flag tripwires

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
your post was deleted because it was reported. theirs weren't reported and stayed, mods aren't reading every thread and all the posts in thread. but don't be bothered with it, if i would be opening threads for such cases i would be banned for spamming
My posts don't usually get deleted though, so it was really annoying to see my post deleted while the others stayed. Just because I don't whine to the mods when someone attacks me doesn't mean that those posts shouldn't be deleted. Also, since the thread was locked, it shows that someone was reading it - clearly, whoever it was didn't do a good enough job of REALLY cleaning it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Well, some posters have got three month bans for pretty harmless (and clearly not serious) 'death wishes' and 'wishing injury'.

Earlier today, a poster called Looner a paedophile and his mother a ***** in no uncertain terms in a GM thread and he was not banned (the post was just deleted).

I wouldn't call it inconsistent moderation since I don't believe there's any moderation at all going on, it seems to be just a figurehead position.

Looner says some pretty loony things, but that insult was just low.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:02 PM   #7
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post

You do realize much of this depends on your previous behavior. If you say those things and it was a very random thing, as in you've never really said such things in the past, it will probably just merely be deleted and may get you a warning from a mod. However, do it consistently, you'll get warnings, yellow cards, red cards, then the bans start flowing. This is where I think you guys do not get it. They aren't going to insta-tempban someone for a bad comment, neither are they not going to tolerate consitent "harmless" spam/harassment/etc.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:09 AM   #8
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Well again tonight, a polite discussion was taking place in this thread

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=207202

and then at some point BOOM: 2 hours of posts got deleted for obscure reasons.

Really really weird, considering some posts from Rutinos Harcos or whatever his name is are still up all over the place despite being just hating/trolling posts that have been reported.

Inconsistent is putting it mildly.

No offense. Just baffling decisions.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-07-2012, 02:08 AM   #9
country flag tripwires

Thanks for clarifying, Snowwy. Much appreciated. You can lock this thread now.

Last edited by tripwires : 08-07-2012 at 03:12 AM.
Closed Thread