In defeat: whose fanbase do you think act worse? - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: So?

Federer's 34 37.36%
Nadal's 44 48.35%
Djokovic's 13 14.29%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2012, 12:11 AM   #91
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In defeat: whose fanbase do you think act worse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
You must be the must delusional and uniformed member on here. To say you're a fan of Murray when you don't know when the guy cemented his place in the top 4 says enough .
Lol I don't know why I clicked you off ignore, but I won't make that mistake again. I don't know what you are referring too, and I honestly don't care. All this pretending that Federer never cared about the Olympics and they aren't important because he lost to Murray, it's just pathetic.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2012, 12:31 AM   #92
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

It's obvious and not even a contest.

There's only one fanbase that called me (and my countrymen) war criminals (and that more than once, by different people mind you!) over a sports result.

Not to say that all members of that fanbase are bad per se, or that it is somehow inborn to them, just that it, in its current form, consists mostly of people who have some quite radical, sociopath tendencies, and because of it they stand out even at this place of misfits called MTF.

What I find most interesting about this particular fanbase, is that they can't even rest their, seemingly endless, hunger even when their favourite is winning. Due to their narcissistic nature, they have this constant need to feed their egos by, among other things, relating themselves to a tennis player's achievements, referring to other players in demeaning fashion, comparing them to animals while at the same time lifting their player to deity status, refusing to admit there was, is and will be someone better, attacking fellow posters on a personal level...

Hah. Just funny. Unless you think about it too much. Then it feels kind of sad.
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:37 AM   #93
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post

There's only one fanbase that called me (and my countrymen) war criminals (and that more than once, by different people mind you!) over a sports result.

Not to say that all members of that fanbase are bad per se, or that it is somehow inborn to them, just that it, in its current form, consists mostly of people who have some quite radical, sociopath tendencies, and because of it they stand out even at this place of misfits called MTF.

What I find most interesting about this particular fanbase, is that they can't even rest their, seemingly endless, hunger even when their favourite is winning. Due to their narcissistic nature, they have this constant need to feed their egos by, among other things, relating themselves to a tennis player's achievements, referring to other players in demeaning fashion, comparing them to animals while at the same time lifting their player to deity status, refusing to admit there was, is and will be someone better, attacking fellow posters on a personal level...

Victim playing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victim_playing
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:48 AM   #94

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
No, not at all. Maybe the medium of our conversation is making you misunderstand my tone.

Though had I done it, it would change nothing. I was merely stating facts and personal observations
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:52 AM   #95
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, not at all. Maybe the medium of our conversation is making you misunderstand my tone.
Based on content and not tone, it is victim playing.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:55 AM   #96
country flag Nole Rules

Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute

Fedtards didn't act that bad today because the player who beat their idol wasn't Djokovic/Nadal. Fedtards still the worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
You never know with Djokovic. He is as predictable as Calgary weather.
Nole Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:04 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
Based on content and not tone, it is victim playing.
Well, we could go on like this all night. You are obviously a great demagogue.

I will leave you with a riddle it explains why your assumption (assertion?) is false.

Quote:
When lunatics are running the nuthouse, who do you try to reason with?
Quote:
Old 08-06-2012, 01:08 AM   #98
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole Rules View Post
Fedtards didn't act that bad today because the player who beat their idol wasn't Djokovic/Nadal. Fedtards still the worst.

Oh come on, youíve got to concede that claiming Fed didnít play as well as he could because he knew he could win a silver medal even if he lost, was I mean, Iíve seen Fed Fans argue that Fed didnít really care in other contexts, but claiming that the Gold Medal wasnít enough of a lure to feed his competitive fires is something I didnít expect even after years of reading MTF.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:08 AM   #99
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

Quote:
Well, we could go on like this all night. You are obviously a great demagogue.

I will leave you with a riddle it explains why your assumption (assertion?) is false.
I just gave you my honest opinion, the first thing that popped in my head as I read you sad little testimonial. It fits the description pretty much to the t.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:26 AM   #100
country flag Nole Rules

Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Oh come on, youíve got to concede that claiming Fed didnít play as well as he could because he knew he could win a silver medal even if he lost, was I mean, Iíve seen Fed Fans argue that Fed didnít really care in other contexts, but claiming that the Gold Medal wasnít enough of a lure to feed his competitive fires is something I didnít expect even after years of reading MTF.

I didn't know about that. I didn't even bother to read half pages of the result thread. Thanks for pointing this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
You never know with Djokovic. He is as predictable as Calgary weather.
Nole Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:05 AM   #101
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

And just today reminded that your country was one of the ones more grossly nationalistic than other countries, and this in a match thread that didnít even involve one of your countrymen. And this by a poster who would proclaim her fairness to the skies.

So, Iíve seen it. It happens. Itís stating facts, not playing the victim.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:09 AM   #102
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
And just today reminded that your country was one of the ones more grossly nationalistic than other countries, and this in a match thread that didnít even involve one of your countrymen. And this by a poster who would proclaim her fairness to the skies.

So, Iíve seen it. It happens. Itís stating facts, not playing the victim.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #103
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole Rules View Post
I still think they were pretty bad.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:51 AM   #104
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Raftards/Noletrolls/Muzzanuts

For some reason they often are the same people. Well, still 17 > 11+5+0
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #105
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Non-Federer fans shouldn't shoot their mouths off about how much he cared about the gold medal match if they didn't watch his semi-final and/or see his reaction after winning the said semi-final.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote