Players Signature Shots ? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-17-2012, 08:02 AM   #16
country flag asmazif

asmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's the signature shot for every player in the top 50?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomfry View Post
people saying djokovics signature shot is backhand dtl, check with your optician or stop being sheep. imo its the cc forehand but i can see how it can be the cc backhand. bh dtl hasnt been on for quite a while.
Nole's signature shot has always been the BH DTL, he doesn't use it quite as much as he used to, but the question isn't 'which shot do they hit the most', because the answer would unanimously be 'the serve' for everyone. His CC FH has improved a lot/become much more of a feature since the start of 2011, yes.

21-40:

Gasquet - BH DTL and CC
Kohli - BH DTL
Raonic - Serve
Mayer - all sorts of funky slices
Wawrinka - BH CC
Steps - Volley
Roddick - Serve
Seppi - FH
Youzhny - BH DTL
Lalo - Serve/slice
Troicki - middle of the court FH
Benny - CC groundstrokes
Anderson - serve
Istomin - CC approach shot
Melzer - IO FH DTL
Andujar - IO topspin FH CC
Berlocq - CC BH
Nalbandian = CC BH
Nemo - IO FH to the left-court
Haase - FH DTL
Henman / Edberg / Stich / Safin / Gambill / Grosjean / Malisse / Gonzo / Llodra / Santoro / Rafter / Agassi / Schalken / Nováček / Rosewall / Ashe / H-T Lee / Kuerten / Boetsch / Pavel / Sundström / Björkman / Scud / El Aynaoui / Arazi / Calleri / Sampras / Nalbandian / Mosquito / Srichaphan / Pioline
asmazif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2012, 08:07 AM   #17
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmazif View Post
Nole's signature shot has always been the BH DTL, he doesn't use it quite as much as he used to, but the question isn't 'which shot do they hit the most', because the answer would unanimously be 'the serve' for everyone. His CC FH has improved a lot/become much more of a feature since the start of 2011, yes.

21-40:

Gasquet - BH DTL and CC
Kohli - BH DTL
Raonic - Serve
Mayer - all sorts of funky slices
Wawrinka - BH CC
Steps - Volley
Roddick - Serve
Seppi - FH
Youzhny - BH DTL
Lalo - Serve/slice
Troicki - middle of the court FH
Benny - CC groundstrokes
Anderson - serve
Istomin - CC approach shot
Melzer - IO FH DTL
Andujar - IO topspin FH CC
Berlocq - CC BH
Nalbandian = CC BH
Nemo - IO FH to the left-court
Haase - FH DTL
No way do they hit the serve the most, one backhand to backhand pushrally from Simon/Monfils contains about 50 backhand cc shots

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:15 AM   #18
country flag asmazif

asmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
No way do they hit the serve the most, one backhand to backhand pushrally from Simon/Monfils contains about 50 backhand cc shots
i did actually think of that rally after I posted it.
Henman / Edberg / Stich / Safin / Gambill / Grosjean / Malisse / Gonzo / Llodra / Santoro / Rafter / Agassi / Schalken / Nováček / Rosewall / Ashe / H-T Lee / Kuerten / Boetsch / Pavel / Sundström / Björkman / Scud / El Aynaoui / Arazi / Calleri / Sampras / Nalbandian / Mosquito / Srichaphan / Pioline
Old 07-17-2012, 08:29 AM   #19
country flag ossie

ossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomfry View Post
people saying djokovics signature shot is backhand dtl, check with your optician or stop being sheep. imo its the cc forehand but i can see how it can be the cc backhand. bh dtl hasnt been on for quite a while.
exactly. it is the cc forehand that is djokers money shot. the consistency of it especially. it rips open the opponents defense and almost always sets up the winner in the next couple of shots. it is also the reason why he has been so succesful against nadal imo.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:30 AM   #20
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Federer's is the BH flick. He made this shot countless times and it is beautiful and extremely difficult to make.
duarte_a is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #21
country flag Slice Winner

Slice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond repute

Federer's is clearly the "whiffed backhand".
Djoker's is any overhead.
Nadal's is the lethal flat DTL backhand winner.
Don't forget Murray's "dropshot that bounces before the net", along with the vicious "failed ball toss".
Ferrer's is no doubt his S&V combo - cannon serve, followed by laser-accurate punch volleys.
Tsonga's signature shot is not a shot, but his unrelenting composure in the face of adversity. His mental strength and focus is the stuff of legend.
Berdych's signature shot is the sliced backhand approach shot, which always puts him in really good position. To see the pass go right by him.
Tipsarevic's signature shot is attempting to hit a FH on the BH side by turning the racquet upside down.
Del Potro's signature shot is the fake approach shot. He gets nearly to the service line, then scampers back, leaving the opponent dazed and confused.
Almagro's is the 'body blow' - he will literally try to kill you and your family if given the chance.
Isner uses his height to create beautiful short angles with the wide variety of spins he can produce from his BH wing.
Simon - slice winner DTL.
Mardy Fish - flat FH DTL.
Juan Monaco - not a shot, but a tactic of lulling the opponent to sleep by losing 14 games in a row. Just when the opponent has drifted off to sleep, HE POUNCES.
Marin Cilic clearly tries to emulate his hero Ivanisevic by using his signature serve and volley as often as he can.
Verdasco's signature shot is 'smile to the camera, wearing only underwear'.
Monfils - left handed FH.
Dolgopolov - his relatively safe, high percentage first serve actually puts him in good position to win a lot of points.
Nishikori - overhead.
Gasquet - forehand on the rise/half volley winner.
Raonic - any groundstroke.
Stepanek - moonball topspin forehand.
Roddick - approach shot.
Davydenko - favourite shot is vodka (in Red Bull).
Slice Winner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #22
country flag asmazif

Too good.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:46 PM   #23
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute

n8 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:47 PM   #24
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice Winner View Post
Federer's is clearly the "whiffed backhand".
Djoker's is any overhead.
Nadal's is the lethal flat DTL backhand winner.
Don't forget Murray's "dropshot that bounces before the net", along with the vicious "failed ball toss".
Ferrer's is no doubt his S&V combo - cannon serve, followed by laser-accurate punch volleys.
Tsonga's signature shot is not a shot, but his unrelenting composure in the face of adversity. His mental strength and focus is the stuff of legend.
Berdych's signature shot is the sliced backhand approach shot, which always puts him in really good position. To see the pass go right by him.
Tipsarevic's signature shot is attempting to hit a FH on the BH side by turning the racquet upside down.
Del Potro's signature shot is the fake approach shot. He gets nearly to the service line, then scampers back, leaving the opponent dazed and confused.
Almagro's is the 'body blow' - he will literally try to kill you and your family if given the chance.
Isner uses his height to create beautiful short angles with the wide variety of spins he can produce from his BH wing.
Simon - slice winner DTL.
Mardy Fish - flat FH DTL.
Juan Monaco - not a shot, but a tactic of lulling the opponent to sleep by losing 14 games in a row. Just when the opponent has drifted off to sleep, HE POUNCES.
Marin Cilic clearly tries to emulate his hero Ivanisevic by using his signature serve and volley as often as he can.
Verdasco's signature shot is 'smile to the camera, wearing only underwear'.
Monfils - left handed FH.
Dolgopolov - his relatively safe, high percentage first serve actually puts him in good position to win a lot of points.
Nishikori - overhead.
Gasquet - forehand on the rise/half volley winner.
Raonic - any groundstroke.
Stepanek - moonball topspin forehand.
Roddick - approach shot.
Davydenko - favourite shot is vodka (in Red Bull).

duarte_a is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #25
country flag Nole Rules

Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute
Default Player's signature shots.

Djokovic - Backhand on full stretch. No doubt it's his most brilliant shot. Very unique shot imo. I don't even know how many times he pulled off sick BH winners on full stretch. His balance on the BH wing is just unreal.

Nadal - The banana passing shot - Extremely unique shot. No one can do it as good as Nadal. Everyone remembers Nadal whenever they see anyone playing a decent banana shot.

Federer - Maybe half volley?! Well I'll let his fans decide this. He has many great shots so I'm not sure which one is his signature shot.

Murray - Drop shot. His drop shot looks really unique to me and very effective at the same time. Even Andy himself said it's his fav shot.

Del Potro - Super flat Forehand CC at full power - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RcxYFBOehU. This shot to me shows Delpo's full potential.

Tsonga - Stop volley/Drop volley - Just go watch his match vs Nadal in AO 2008. Some SICK drop/stop volleying from Jo in that day.

Ferrer - Inside out FH - It's certainly his best shot but there are many who have a better inside out FH than him.

Berdych - Not sure which shot is his signature shot. Maybe FH inside out.

Tipsarevic - Backhand DTL - His BH DTL is top 3 at the very least at the moment.

I will leave the other players to you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
You never know with Djokovic. He is as predictable as Calgary weather.

Last edited by Nole Rules : 10-07-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Nole Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:44 AM   #26
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Player's signature shots.

Monaco - Backhand push down the middle.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:45 AM   #27
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

For Federer, I'd say his half volley pick-ups time and again is most definitely a signature shot. For Berdych, I'd go for his IO FH. The way he sets it up is easy sometimes and then he goes whaam and blows the ball away.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them

Last edited by Looner : 10-07-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:48 AM   #28
country flag Satasonic

Satasonic has a reputation beyond reputeSatasonic has a reputation beyond reputeSatasonic has a reputation beyond reputeSatasonic has a reputation beyond reputeSatasonic has a reputation beyond reputeSatasonic has a reputation beyond reputeSatasonic has a reputation beyond reputeSatasonic has a reputation beyond reputeSatasonic has a reputation beyond reputeSatasonic has a reputation beyond reputeSatasonic has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know what you guys are talking about, but Federer has the greatest Cross Court forehand of all time. When he whips it from the middle of the court to the left side, its usually the end of the point.

Djokovic is definitely the stretch backhand. Its nothing special, unless he gets a winner from a defensive position. On the other hand, Agassi stretched quite nicely, either. Not as good as Djokovic, but definitely up there.

Nadal- any type of forehand. Its unique in every way. Looks ugly, though, but tennis isnt a game of aesthetics.

Berdych- one of the GOAT players in putting short balls away. Notice how many times Berdych fails to put away a short ball- its close to 0 in most matches. Its ridiculous how both his forehand and backhand shots can put away short balls.

RAONIC

AND ALL OTHER SERVEBOTS

SERVEBOTS ARE TENNIS
Satasonic is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:55 AM   #29
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Monaco - Backhand push down the middle.
Slasher1985 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #30
country flag Sanya

Sanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond repute

Federer - CC forehand, no doubt.

Richie - backhand down the line after long rally when he finally decides to go for winner.