Monday 16/7/12 Roger Federer breaks the all time weeks at no. 1 record. CONGRATS ROG! - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-16-2012, 08:03 AM   #91
country flag born_on_clay

born_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monday 16/7/12 Roger Federer breaks the all time weeks at no. 1 record. CONGRATS

congrats Roger for writing history once again

btw if it was about Rafa this thread would be in Rafa's forum long time ago. MTF MAFIA
64 Titles | 27 Masters 1000 |Olympic Games Singles Gold Medalist | 139 Weeks at no.1
3 year end no.1 | 4 Davis Cups | 699 singles match wins
born_on_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2012, 08:15 AM   #92
country flag NID

NID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monday 16/7/12 Roger Federer breaks the all time weeks at no. 1 record. CONGRATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed fordawin View Post
A Serbian giving Federer the respect he deserves, congrats
why? fed has a lot of fans in serbia. even those that don't think of him much personalitywise regard him as the greatest player ever and have a massive respect for his game.
amazing achievement for federer, indeed. pretty much everyone wrote him off.
NID is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:16 AM   #93
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
It isn't.

Drop date for the Basel points is 5/11. Drop date for Bercy and WTF is 12/11, the week after. Reason for both these at the same time is that WTF points always go before next years tournament, as points from last year do not count towards qualification this year.
I have no access here at my work to the ATP website,

but I see something uncoherent at once in what you say :

"WTF points always go before next years tournament"

This year the WTF starts on the 5th of november, hence one week before the date when you say the points from the WTF last year drop out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetkit
Can anyone explain how such a thing is possible?
Basel and Bercy are one week earlier this year, and the WTF is 2 weeks earlier.

Besides, the points from the WTF and also from all ATP tour tournaments from last year used to drop out after the final ATP tour tournament from this year, which means after Bercy this year.

If I'm not mistaken, but thanks if someone (who really knows, not someone who "thinks he knows") knows something I might have missed

Last edited by duong : 07-16-2012 at 08:56 AM. Reason: not challengers
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:20 AM   #94
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
I have no access here at my work to the ATP website,

but I see something uncoherent at once in what you say :

"WTF points always go before next years tournament"

This year the WTF starts on the 5th of november, hence one week before the date when you say the points from the WTF last year drop out.
I apologize if my assertion was wrong, as I am now convinced it was. I followed the dates here:
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/P...erer.aspx?t=rb

I never checked to see the date for this years WTF, and thus did not discover the inherent inconsistency. My bad. Should know better than to trust the ATP site.
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:22 AM   #95
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

For drop dates, see the rankings breakdown. WTF and Bercy drop off a week later than Basel.
31.10.2011 Basel W 500 05.11.2012
07.11.2011 ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Pari W 1,000 12.11.2012
20.11.2011 Barclays ATP World Tour Finals W 1,500 12.11.2012

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:23 AM   #96
country flag NID

NID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiTennis View Post

good lord. right up there with '15' jacket and the golden bag...
has to try harder if he wants to catch up with srdjan.
NID is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:27 AM   #97
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post

Basel and Bercy are one week earlier this year, and the WTF is 2 weeks earlier.

Besides, the points from all ATP tour (and challenger I think) tournaments from last year and from the WTF always drop out after the final ATP tour tournament from this year, which means after Bercy this year.
Actually, I've gone back to the rulebook (at least the version I had the beginning of the year : if there's been an update since, thanks for telling me as, once again, I don't have access to the ATP website at my work), and it says :

- that the points from the WTF drop "on the monday following the last ATP world Tour event of the following year" ... that is the 5th of november

- but it says that all of the other events stay for 52 weeks, which means that ... the points from Bercy last year should drop one week after the points from the WTF !! Hence the 12th of november. Which is clearly crazy

One evidence imo that it will not happen like that is that the "year-to-date rankings" or "road-to-London-rankings" (that is the former "Race") released by the ATP do not take into account Bercy from last year.

That's why I guess that the points from Bercy last year and even the points from all challengers from 2011 will drop after Bercy this year, that is the 5th of november.

But this is clearly a topic we should discuss in the "ATP rankings thread", not here.

Except if anyone has a clear answer, this topic doesn't need to be discussed over and over in this thread, I will write something about that in the "rankings" thread to start the talking.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #98
country flag duong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
For drop dates, see the rankings breakdown. WTF and Bercy drop off a week later than Basel.
31.10.2011 Basel W 500 05.11.2012
07.11.2011 ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Pari W 1,000 12.11.2012
20.11.2011 Barclays ATP World Tour Finals W 1,500 12.11.2012
I will move the discussion on that topic to the "rankings" thread

I can guess there will be many answers
Old 07-16-2012, 08:40 AM   #99
country flag Commander Data

Commander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
if i buy the shoes, will i be able to play like federer?
Thats the idea.

- Magnus Carlsen
Commander Data is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:45 AM   #100
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NID View Post
"My First Grand Slam"
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:51 AM   #101
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NID View Post
Both the jacket, the bag and the shoes were Nike's idea, I remember someone giving it to Roger in the Wimbledon ceremony of 2009

And it's hard to beat the father of "My First Grand Slam" who wears shirts with his son's face he's like in a Super Saiyan level of trashiness

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:23 AM   #102
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

The next time he breaks a record, he should beg Nike not to do something like this.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:31 AM   #103
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
The next time he breaks a record, he should beg Nike not to do something like this.
It he manages 7 year-end #1s or 110 titles I will let Nike enjoy the moment without complaining.
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:41 AM   #104
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiCrayanhan View Post
RecordBreakerer

I thought I was such a lucky kid witnessing Pete's genius and then came Roger.
Co-signed.
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #105
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
It he manages 7 year-end #1s or 110 titles I will let Nike enjoy the moment without complaining.
Nice to know he's so great that when he achieves something incredible, people seem to think it's not good enough.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote