Monday 16/7/12 Roger Federer breaks the all time weeks at no. 1 record. CONGRATS ROG! - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 07-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #181
country flag Juz78
Registered User
 
Juz78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 36
Posts: 803
Juz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond reputeJuz78 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monday 16/7/12 Roger Federer breaks the all time weeks at no. 1 record. CONGRATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
Shutting down the hateful Nadulltard extremists is what he was born for
Many people don't grasp just how epic this record really is... it has to be one of the rarest records to obtain simply because of the insane dominance/consistency needed over many, many years. Not only that, but to do it in such a competitive field where human bodies are being pushed to limits they have never reached before and to do all this when you're past normal tennis retirement age, surrounded by an ocean of younger men. Simply superb, I can't see why even the "haters" can't take their hat off just this once.
Juz78 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 07-21-2012, 04:04 PM   #182
country flag The Fearhand
Registered User
 
The Fearhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 1,185
The Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monday 16/7/12 Roger Federer breaks the all time weeks at no. 1 record. CONGRATS

A bit late to the party but congrats Fed you deserve it.
The Fearhand is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:05 PM   #183
country flag TigerTim
Registered User
 
TigerTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bristol, England
Posts: 11,119
TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monday 16/7/12 Roger Federer breaks the all time weeks at no. 1 record. CONGRATS

Nice to see that boring Serve Bot's record go. Good for the game.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiebreak100 View Post
A dishwasher has more personality than Sampras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:33 PM   #184
jrm
Registered User
 
jrm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 8,660
jrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monday 16/7/12 Roger Federer breaks the all time weeks at no. 1 record. CONGRATS

i always forget - off season weeks count as well?
__________________
Quote:
WISHLIST Robby GINEPRI Blaž KAVČIČ Michael LLODRA Feliciano LOPEZ Tomas BERDYCH Martin KLIZAN Julien BENNETEAU Novak DJOKOVIC Dmitry TURSUNOV Janko TIPSAREVIC Stanislas WAWRINKA Norbert GOMBOS Mikhail YOUZHNY Thomaz BELLUCCI Eduardo SCHWANK Benoit PAIRE Gilles MULLER Juan Martin del POTRO John ISNER Santiago GIRALDO Philipp PETZSCHNER Gilles SIMON Mardy FISH Grigor DIMITROV Florian MAYER
Quote:
HATE LIST Rafael NADAL Andy MURRAY Lleyton HEWITT Marcos BAGHDATIS Bernard TOMIC Fernando VERDASCO Dominic THIEM Nikolay DAVYDENKO Alexandr DOLGOPOLOV Fabio FOGNINI Borna CORIC Gael MONFILS Tommy HAAS Richard GASQUET Carlos BERLOCQ Ernests GULBIS Albert MONTANES Paolo LORENZI Vasek POSPISIL
jrm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #185
country flag Allez
Registered User
 
Allez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 10,610
Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monday 16/7/12 Roger Federer breaks the all time weeks at no. 1 record. CONGRATS

Still can't believe he managed to do this. That slam quarter final streak is just crazy. Maybe he lied about his age to get on the senior tour Could it be that he is in fact still in his mid 20's ? Unbelievable
Allez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:48 PM   #186
country flag Litotes
ALT-0
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norway
Age: 41
Posts: 34,619
Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monday 16/7/12 Roger Federer breaks the all time weeks at no. 1 record. CONGRATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrm View Post
i always forget - off season weeks count as well?
Yes, as demonstrated by Djokovic who got 53 weeks from one Wimbledon to the next. Off season not counting would leave him mid-40s.
http://www.tennis-x.com/stats/atprankhist.shtml
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:50 PM   #187
country flag Honestly
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,462
Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monday 16/7/12 Roger Federer breaks the all time weeks at no. 1 record. CONGRATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
Nice to see that boring Serve Bot's record go. Good for the game.
Setsampy turning in his grave right now.
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:51 PM   #188
country flag Honestly
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,462
Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monday 16/7/12 Roger Federer breaks the all time weeks at no. 1 record. CONGRATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juz78 View Post
Many people don't grasp just how epic this record really is... it has to be one of the rarest records to obtain simply because of the insane dominance/consistency needed over many, many years. Not only that, but to do it in such a competitive field where human bodies are being pushed to limits they have never reached before and to do all this when you're past normal tennis retirement age, surrounded by an ocean of younger men. Simply superb, I can't see why even the "haters" can't take their hat off just this once.
Yes, it is extremely impressive.
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:53 PM   #189
country flag Litotes
ALT-0
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norway
Age: 41
Posts: 34,619
Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monday 16/7/12 Roger Federer breaks the all time weeks at no. 1 record. CONGRATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
Still can't believe he managed to do this. That slam quarter final streak is just crazy. Maybe he lied about his age to get on the senior tour Could it be that he is in fact still in his mid 20's ? Unbelievable
If he is mid 20s now that means he beat 29 year old Sampras in Wimbledon at 13 or 14 years old....not really an improvement credibilitywise, I'd think
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:13 AM   #190
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem
 
EnriqueIG8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 27
Posts: 15,592
EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monday 16/7/12 Roger Federer breaks the all time weeks at no. 1 record. CONGRATS

ATP site made a new Fed tribute movie

enjoy




17 slams



Federer record reign @ #1.
__________________

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Bĺstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:01 AM   #191
country flag Allez
Registered User
 
Allez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 10,610
Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monday 16/7/12 Roger Federer breaks the all time weeks at no. 1 record. CONGRATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnriqueIG8 View Post
ATP site made a new Fed tribute movie

enjoy




17 slams



Federer record reign @ #1.
Cheers for that. That RG win never fails to bring a lump to one's throat. Same with Rafa's USO win in 2010. Just epic stuff. Hope Nole can one day do the same at RG. History being made in front of our eyes. What are the chances of having three players win career slams at the same time ?

Roger will definitely be missed when he retires that's for damn sure. Tennis just won't be the same. Who ever invented the concept of age needs to be ashamed of themselves
Allez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:18 AM   #192
country flag Ash86
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,723
Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monday 16/7/12 Roger Federer breaks the all time weeks at no. 1 record. CONGRATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
Cheers for that. That RG win never fails to bring a lump to one's throat. Same with Rafa's USO win in 2010. Just epic stuff. Hope Nole can one day do the same at RG. History being made in front of our eyes. What are the chances of having three players win career slams at the same time ?

Roger will definitely be missed when he retires that's for damn sure. Tennis just won't be the same. Who ever invented the concept of age needs to be ashamed of themselves
True. Will be great when Nole wins RG too. What was great about Roger and Rafa's career slams was that their last one was on the hardest surface for them. Novak got his hardest second -- Wimbledon. He's way better on clay than grass so him winning RG shouldn't be as tough.

Tennis will definitely be odd without Roger - though I think he loves the game too much to leave for a while yet. And even then I think he'll be at a lot of events/involved in some way - not like Borg etc. who just disappeared for years. Imagine a time when we have Tomic, Raonic, Harrison etc. in the top 10 fighting for Masters Series. Even worse, I don't know who will be winning the claycourt masters in 5/6 years - no one right now looks too good on the surface
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:36 AM   #193
country flag TigerTim
Registered User
 
TigerTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bristol, England
Posts: 11,119
TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monday 16/7/12 Roger Federer breaks the all time weeks at no. 1 record. CONGRATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
Setsampy turning in his grave right now.
Good, let Fireballer deliver his response. The King of Serve Bots has finally been slain. He's about as GOAT as a lamb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post
True. Will be great when Nole wins RG too. What was great about Roger and Rafa's career slams was that their last one was on the hardest surface for them. Novak got his hardest second -- Wimbledon. He's way better on clay than grass so him winning RG shouldn't be as tough.

Tennis will definitely be odd without Roger - though I think he loves the game too much to leave for a while yet. And even then I think he'll be at a lot of events/involved in some way - not like Borg etc. who just disappeared for years. Imagine a time when we have Tomic, Raonic, Harrison etc. in the top 10 fighting for Masters Series. Even worse, I don't know who will be winning the claycourt masters in 5/6 years - no one right now looks too good on the surface
If Nadal is forced to reitre injured soon you can bet your bottom dollar Novak will sweep all and close in on Sampras and his 14GS.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiebreak100 View Post
A dishwasher has more personality than Sampras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:40 AM   #194
country flag Allez
Registered User
 
Allez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 10,610
Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monday 16/7/12 Roger Federer breaks the all time weeks at no. 1 record. CONGRATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post
True. Will be great when Nole wins RG too. What was great about Roger and Rafa's career slams was that their last one was on the hardest surface for them. Novak got his hardest second -- Wimbledon. He's way better on clay than grass so him winning RG shouldn't be as tough.

Tennis will definitely be odd without Roger - though I think he loves the game too much to leave for a while yet. And even then I think he'll be at a lot of events/involved in some way - not like Borg etc. who just disappeared for years. Imagine a time when we have Tomic, Raonic, Harrison etc. in the top 10 fighting for Masters Series. Even worse, I don't know who will be winning the claycourt masters in 5/6 years - no one right now looks too good on the surface
Clay court tennis without Rafa is going be laughable. I like Tomic but if he wins multiple RG's due to the lack of credible opposition on clay it will be a sad day for tennis. Just thinking about that trio being the dominant players in a couple of years makes me appreciate the top 4 even more. It's not going to last. That's why I find the haters of any of the top 4 players short sighted. They'll change their minds and learn to appreciate their greatness after the fact.

But yeah... Roger's not going anywhere even after retirement. Wish I could say the same about Rafa but I'm not so sure. Agassi said he "hated" tennis but it's all he ever knew so he played on. I get the impression that tennis is a job for Rafa as opposed to a hobby. When he retires it will probably take a while for him to come back and get involved.

Anyway kudos to Roger for making this the era in which virtually every meaningful record has been broken. The only record that will probably never be broken remains Connors total number of tournaments won. That's an insane number and I'm not sure how he managed to do it..."weak eras" perhaps
Allez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:49 AM   #195
country flag Ash86
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,723
Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monday 16/7/12 Roger Federer breaks the all time weeks at no. 1 record. CONGRATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
Clay court tennis without Rafa is going be laughable. I like Tomic but if he wins multiple RG's due to the lack of credible opposition on clay it will be a sad day for tennis. Just thinking about that trio being the dominant players in a couple of years makes me appreciate the top 4 even more. It's not going to last. That's why I find the haters of any of the top 4 players short sighted. They'll change their minds and learn to appreciate their greatness after the fact.

But yeah... Roger's not going anywhere even after retirement. Wish I could say the same about Rafa but I'm not so sure. Agassi said he "hated" tennis but it's all he ever knew so he played on. I get the impression that tennis is a job for Rafa as opposed to a hobby. When he retires it will probably take a while for him to come back and get involved.

Anyway kudos to Roger for making this the era in which virtually every meaningful record has been broken. The only record that will probably never be broken remains Connors total number of tournaments won. That's an insane number and I'm not sure how he managed to do it..."weak eras" perhaps
I used to think that but the more I've seen him in interviews the more I think he loves tennis just as much as Roger does, he just has other passions too and perhaps associates more pain & suffering with the sport having had a lot of ups and downs. He doesn't even say clay is his favourite surface - says it's just where he has his best results but enjoys the game and enjoys watching it. He watches matches when he's not involved e.g. watched RG, Wimbledon and US Open 09 finals - has even discussed some parts of them in detail. Roger on the other hand says he doesn't watch when he's out of a tournament. So think their love for the sport manifests in different ways. Roger will want to be involved with the ATP no doubt - whereas I don't see Nadal involved in an official capacity.

He's building a big sports academy in his hometown anyway which they hope will attract juniors of the future so guess that's where his attention will be focused too - making his home island a centre for tennis - with coaches Toni & Moya at hand. Looking forward to the Nadal/Federer exhibitions though - the cash machine will work for them for a while yet....
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios