Rafachat - vol. 79. Who cares about the AO? SA slam to start very soon! Bamos! - Page 246 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #3676
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Rafa to win the WSOP next year! Bamos! :rocker2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
With my mom it was exactly the opposite: everytime she was buying me this solid, practical stuff while everybody else and especially my dad( they were divorced) gave me the most awesome things: awesome dresses, jewelry, flowers in those big, ornamented bouquets as you see in movies

the frustration grew and one year when she bought our Goddaughter a silver bracelet( that i remember every single detail of to this day ) and me a pijama i just snapped and tear the pijamas in her face. She never did the same mistake again
Seroiusly? I guess that was an effective way to get the message through to her.

I had an aunt who used to get cool gifts for her other niece while I would end up with something ugly and cheap. Not my favorite aunt.
Metis is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #3677
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Rafa to win the WSOP next year! Bamos! :rocker2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post

I'd be miffed at that one as well. Don't parents realise that you compare gifts?

---

I had a similar outburst when my parents told me at Christmas time that initially, they weren't planning on giving me another gift since I'd just gotten a birthday gift but they figured that it would be nice for me to open a gift anyway. After which they offered me a small package with a huge smile.
--> It turned out to be a bar of soap and not even a nice and luxurious piece of soap but just a brown bar of soap that smelled badly.
I'm still baffled by that.

Considering what my sister got for her birthday in August and what she'd just gotten for Christmas, I flat-out refused the bar of soap, followed by a huge and angry rant. Next year, I got one gift (for my birthday and christmas) but it was a bit bigger than usual.
that's worse than getting nothing
Old 01-06-2013, 10:00 AM   #3678
country flag Metis

Quote:
No, they don't. And she still doesn't understands, 25 years later
Inevitably the discussion turns to "after all I've done for you, you remember that small detail"

The truth is that, since then, she gives me money to buy what i want but i'd much prefer to be a surprise but I don't trust her
I've heard that too on different occasions.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #3679
country flag Metis

Quote:

How...
Quote:
...on earth...
Quote:
...are we going to...
Quote:
...reach another thread any time soon when...
Quote:
nobody posts.

I have an idea. Let's make this a number thread and count down until it ends!
Old 01-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #3680
country flag Metis

Quote:
What...
Quote:
....to post about....
Quote:
....if....
Quote:
...Rafa is not playing?
Quote:
Rafa has had long breaks before. That never stopped us.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:02 AM   #3681
country flag Metis

Quote:
I know nothing new about that, she went into hiding with her condition and all...
What is this, the 18th century?
Old 01-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #3682
country flag Metis

Quote:
And I'm more into weddings and balls than baptisms, anyway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
Old 01-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #3683
country flag Metis

Quote:
Rafa is in some kind of Amfortas situation

Or in a Violetta situation

Old 01-06-2013, 10:09 AM   #3684
country flag Metis

Quote:
And their kids are all terribly bland, thank God for Mathilde
Royals are bland in general and I'm not talking about their looks.

Must be their parasitic existence

(adding oil to the fire )
Old 01-06-2013, 10:11 AM   #3685
country flag Metis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post

Their daddy is goat too:

Old 01-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #3686
country flag Metis

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
Hema asked me how my Korean is going and I'll post it here instead of a PM. I recently reached a thousand words that I've learned (Anki keeps count for me.) So it's going well. The grammar is coming along too although it's still difficult. Do you know how many verb endings they have? Not for different tenses (although there are those too) but for different meanings. For example:

- an ending for showing surprise
- an ending to use when you know the other person already knows what you're saying
- an ending you use when you're trying to convince the other person that they're wrong
- an ending to show an intention to do something and inviting the other person to give their thoughts on it
- an ending to show determination and want to do something
- an ending to use when you make a suggestion
- and so on.

Then there are the endings that include the meanings of conjunctions in them. Like, if you want to say "I know but..." the "know but" part is one word. Two endings for "therefore". And so on.

And then there are all the composite endings. Oh, and they have special endings for quoting people too. One for if the quote is followed by a noun, one for if the quote is followed by a verb, one for if the quote is an imperative, and so on. These endings are endless, and I'm enjoying mastering them very much I recommend Korean to everyone who wants to learn a different way of thinking and making sentences.

- an ending to use when you know the other person already knows what you're saying

is it something like: "Why the fuck do I bother if you know this already"?
Old 01-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #3687
country flag Metis

Quote:
Hewitt and his kids

so cute
Old 01-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #3688
country flag Metis

Quote:
OMG, OMG, Petru won his first chess tournament

http://www.obiectivbr.ro/au-fost-des...a-sah-_id75580
Congratulations!!!

Why isn't his photo there too?
Old 01-06-2013, 10:16 AM   #3689
country flag Metis

In other news it is going to be EXTREMELY cold this week. Temperatures down to 0 degrees

I don't know how we are going to survive.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #3690
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I like the trophy more than the guy
That's alright, tastes differ. But I agree that the trophy looks nice.

Metis in da house!
And I learned that Nole & Ana lost the Hopman Cup final to Spain! I watched Nole demolishing Fer and didn't give it a second thought after that yesterday.