Rafachat - vol. 79. Who cares about the AO? SA slam to start very soon! Bamos! - Page 177 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #2641
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Rafa to win the WSOP next year! Bamos! :rocker2:

Left populists?
What do they want?
(our populists are usually right wing)

---
In June, I did my taxes online. Normally, I should already have gotten the confirmation (the program calculates the refund right away online and some time in August or September, you get the confirmation on paper by mail) of what I will get back.

There's just one part in it that's part of an ongoing change in the law so I have no idea when I will get my tax refund, let alone how much (although I can pretty much figure that one out and it's not peanuts).

I phoned the Federal Department of Finance this morning:
Them: Yes, you're correct: the law is undergoing changes. The rest of your tax refund is ready but we're waiting for this one section.
Me: So, this one small section is holding everything back?
Them: Yup.
Me: Any idea how long this will take?
Them: Nope, we don't make the law.
Me: Yes, I get that. But isn't it a bit on the ludicrious side that you're holding onto my money for that long?
Them: *miffed* We officially have 1 year to get your case in order.
Me: 1 year, you say. I'll keep an eye on that.
Them: hmmmpf
Me (figuring that it's not a good idea to piss the fiscal brigade off): ♥ ❁ ❃ ❋ ❀ Thanks so much for your information. ♥ ❁ ❃ ❋ ❀
Them: Have a nice day.
Me: ♥ ❁ ❃ ❋ ❀ Likewise ♥ ❁ ❃ ❋ ❀
Remember that I changed my locks at the end of 2011? Half of it is repaid (they repay you if you enhance the security of your house) by the city and the other half is repaid by the federal government. I already have the half of the city, but I'm awaiting the other half. Darn it.

Hmmmpff...let's see if you tell the fiscal brigade that a tiny detail prevents you from actually paying your taxes. See how far that sort of behaviour will get me.
For the income year 2011, I will have to wait until at least 2013 to get my tax refund. Thieves.

/rant
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2012, 01:41 PM   #2642
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Rafa to win the WSOP next year! Bamos! :rocker2:

Good story, Hilde. I've never done my tax returns but maybe I should. I'm not sure if it's worth the effort, I probably wouldn't get back very much.

But where did you get these? ♥ ❁ ❃ ❋ ❀
Old 10-15-2012, 01:45 PM   #2643
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

You can get the ♥ by using the combination on your keyboard Alt+3
I copied and pasted the flowers from somewhere else.

So, what do your left populists want? To renew ties with Russia?
Old 10-15-2012, 02:04 PM   #2644
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
No, she doesn't.
It's not quite the same anyway.
Read what star says:

(and notice the red word in my reply a couple of posts before this)

Whereas I stated that, the way I've been taught, the expression does involve dropping a person like a hot potato.

The expression "dropping like flies" is more known perhaps but I've heard people on tv use the expression "dropping someone like a hot potato" before and they don't mean the same thing.

Then again, I watch more UK tv so maybe it's more something said in the UK rather than in the USA.

---
Anyway, changing the subject.
We've had local elections here and let me tell you, the federal elections in 2014 promise to be ugly.
Ah, Hilde, you actually took notice of my post. I'm touched. :ihearts: Although I notice that you still didn't respond to me directly. But, I will soldier on.

I never said that dropping like flies and dropping x like a hot potato were the same.
Obviously, even [b]I[/b} understand that dropping like flies and dropping a hot potato were not the same thing but thank you for raising that straw man.

I also said that "dumping" and "dropping" were different.

For me to say I dropped Rafa like a hot potato is awkward, but I said that I guess you could say it.

For me, the "hot potato" imagery is about something that is too hot to handle and too uncomfortable to handle so upon touching it you drop it immediately or juggle it and then let go. It's not something you've had around for a long time and then drop.

Obviously, even [b]I[/b} understand that dropping like flies and dropping a hot potato were not the same thing but thank you for raising that straw man.

But "dumping x like dead flies" might become part of the lexicon. It's certainly evocative and one gets the idea immediately. That's what I love about English. It's never static but growing and changing constantly and in American (probably other places too) immigrants have enriched the language and provided all sorts of colorful expressions. And in that spirit, I welcome Maria's new phrase and may use if if I have the opportunity.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #2645
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
So, what do your left populists want? To renew ties with Russia?
Hmm, seems like they took our the word "populists" from the article. Anyway, apparently the Lithuanians didn't like the austerity measures the current government took to survive during the economic crisis and so they voted for the opposition. The left-wing parties obviously want to strengthen the relationship with Russia. Maybe Maria knows something more.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:35 PM   #2646
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

NOT the dead flies again....
Old 10-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #2647
country flag Castafiore

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
Hmm, seems like they took our the word "populists" from the article. Anyway, apparently the Lithuanians didn't like the austerity measures the current government took to survive during the economic crisis and so they voted for the opposition. The left-wing parties obviously want to strengthen the relationship with Russia. Maybe Maria knows something more.
The economic crisis is a grateful topic for populists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
NOT the dead flies again....

We may not agree on dumping like dead flies, dropping like flies or dropping someone like a hot potato but we can beat a dead horse with the best of them.

Edit before star gets miffed (still one of my favorite words):
what gives you the idea that I'm not noticing your posts, sterreke? (sterreke = little star...told you I was going to spam the hell out of this thread in Dutch )

Right, I'm off. I'm contemplating writing a book on "how to make friends online and keep them" with a foreword, if he agrees, by Action Jackson. Should be another bestseller.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:22 PM   #2648
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Better let AJ to write it on his own, you have nothing to add......
Old 10-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #2649
country flag acionescu

Hilde, I hope you have this in your BD collection

http://next.liberation.fr/sexe/2012/...otiques_852492
Old 10-15-2012, 04:43 PM   #2650
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
That's what's on our news too.
And yes, we here have both left and right wing populists, tbh populists are all we have left in the politics here. .sad:

I told you the doctors are on strike here, for the 3rd week now and things haven't moved one bit. Because the medical system needs more money to put in as said by the OECD report in 2010 already, for that political decisions have to be made an no-one is willing to make them, but otherwise in a years' time the whole medical system will collapse here.
Btw almost all our doctors are private entrepreneurs and they take their pay out in dividends not in salary so they avoid paying the social security tax to our Health Insurance Fund. The new chief of the Health Insurance Fund made a proposal to start taxing the dividends but heeeheee, no politician wants to do that. Yes yes Hilde, here you don't have to pay the social security tax on dividends, only the income tax and many company managers or entrepreneurs use it. OK that's enough about our taxing system.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:55 PM   #2651
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

LOL "beat the dead horse", that expression I know.

Sterreke sounds really nice btw.

AJ has pretty much abandoned us too. Too busy with preparing the ACC and trolling in GM and NT.

Last edited by MariaV : 10-15-2012 at 06:27 PM.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-15-2012, 05:03 PM   #2652
country flag Castafiore

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
Hilde, I hope you have this in your BD collection

http://next.liberation.fr/sexe/2012/...otiques_852492

Innocent Tintin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV
Sterreke sound really nice btw
It does so I hope that star doesn't think that it's a bad thing.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:58 AM   #2653
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking about going a couple of days playing poker in Macau when in Thailand... Could be an opportunity to meet up with mimi
Old 10-16-2012, 07:11 AM   #2654
country flag Castafiore

How is the move going, JM?
Old 10-16-2012, 07:24 AM   #2655
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

On its way... We'll move next Friday but the kitchen won't be ready so it's gonna be some sort of mess