Rafachat - vol. 79. Who cares about the AO? SA slam to start very soon! Bamos! - Page 172 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 06:35 PM   #2566
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Rafa to win the WSOP next year! Bamos! :rocker2:

And they can run around naked, don't have cosmic heating costs or need coats, scarves, gloves, hats, boots not to mention the endless sweates, cardigans etc etc already. +6 C here today, wet snow later in the week. *dedicated to Hilde & Metis, sorry just had to be said *
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 02:25 AM   #2567
country flag Minn

Minn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Rafa to win the WSOP next year! Bamos! :rocker2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
There's this big hoopla in the media here about a football player Legaer.

He plays in a Russian team where he earns a fortune (I think he earns about € 1,8 million a year or so). When he's back in Belgium, he drives a Porsche. This weekend, with too much alcohol in his system, he mistook the gas pedal for the brake pedal and smashed into a petrol station.

After having parked his car in the petrol station, he stepped out of the car with a huge smile on his face. While walking away, he said that he was going to pay the damages (about € 300.000) at some later time. The police caught him and let him spend the night in jail.

The crazy part is that it's not the first time he's done something like that. Some time ago, he drove another (quite expensive but not like a Porsche) car against somebody's house, destroying the garden fence, the garden shed and part of a wall of the house.

Clearly, didn't learn from his mistake.

Another gem from the same player:
one of his tattoos:

It should be "veni vidi vinci" (I came, I saw, I conquered) but the plonker had "vini vidi vinci" tattood on his arm. (vini = wine)

His girlfriend warned him about the mistake but he refused to believe that it should have been veni vidi vinci.

Reminds me of Mario Balotelli who clearly didn't realise that setting of fireworks in your house isn't a great idea.
I guess the tattoo is kind of fitting if he makes a habit of drinking and driving.

Glad no one was hurt in the car accident(s).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Does Melanie still follow cute Milos? Poor guy must be exhausted after Tokyo but he does look soooooooo cute! And add Galo Blanco as a coach.
I do, indeed. I haven't seen any tennis the last couple of weeks but I've been following in the news, that kind of thing. I'm glad he did well and he beat some big names.

Quote:
Just when you think that the election campaigns in your country are twisted, you notice that Big Bird is an issue in the US presidential campaign.
(we have local elections next Sunday)

I loved Big Bird, although our Big Bird is blue and is called Pino.

I always wondered why our Big Bird looks differently, but in an article about Mitt Romney's quote, they explained that this was a requirement. Foreign tv shows could bring their version of Sesame Street on tv but Big Bird had to look differently. Odd.

When I was a toddler, Pino had a male voice. The current Pino has a female voice. The current Pino just sounds totally wrong to me.
I didn't know Big Bird looked different in different countries! He looked the same in Canada as he did in the US. Maybe we were an exception. In fact, I watched the American and the Canadian versions when I was a kid.

I hope the backlash against Romney for his PBS views is strong. I don't want him to win!
Old 10-10-2012, 06:37 AM   #2568
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
wet snow later in the week.
So happy for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minn View Post
I hope the backlash against Romney for his PBS views is strong. I don't want him to win!
Today in my newspaper, I read that Romney is closing in on Obama in the polls.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-10-2012, 06:43 AM   #2569
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

what is PBS?
Old 10-10-2012, 07:17 AM   #2570
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

The tv network that shows Sesame Street in the USA.

Given that this debate runs in many countries (whether the public tv companies get too much money and offer value for money in return), I'm assuming (since I'm not following the US campaign that closely) that Romney figures that PBS gets too much money.
(whereas I would think that the economy in general has bigger problems than how much money is paid to keep Big Bird on tv. Romney messed with the wrong bird).
Old 10-10-2012, 08:18 AM   #2571
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

PBS - Public Broadcasting Service

Quote:
PBS, a nonprofit public broadcasting television network, has nearly 360 member stations, according to its website. “Sesame Street” has been one of its staple programs for about 43 years.

Forbes also noted almost 60 percent of funding for public television comes from private donors or grants, with additional funding coming from dues paid by member stations.
Not that anyone cares about my opinion even here in Estonia (yes with our election system my vote doesn't really count much), I'd also prefer Obama but well, that's for the Americans to decide. The big corporations rule the world these days anyway.

And thank you for caring Hilde! Since May all months here the rainfall has been waaaaaaaaaay above average and if that should continue in winter I might finally freeze to death in some snowdrift.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #2572
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Big Bird what a character.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #2573
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

2012 was a particulary dry year in Romania. High prices for vegetables and fruits and very sweet wines() are to be expected
Old 10-10-2012, 09:15 AM   #2574
country flag MariaV

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
2012 was a particulary dry year in Romania. High prices for vegetables and fruits and very sweet wines() are to be expected
Gosh, why did you send all the rain to us or is this the global warming? So we get all the precipitation and the climate here becomes even colder while other places become unbearably hot, thanks a lot!
Btw now I read somewhere that human activity has influenced the climate for over millenium. I'd really need Tom aka CD2 to make sense of all this.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:53 AM   #2575
country flag MariaV

Baggy beat cute Milos 7-6(4) 6-7(5) 7-6(3)! Milos needs some rest now though, 'nough of the epics.

Btw I wonder if WG knows that her numpties played against each other in doubles this week. Beautiful Feli with Andreea's husband beat Verdasco and David Marrero 6-4 6-3. Could this be the combo for the DC final? Neither Feli nor Fer will play the DC final IMO.

Last edited by MariaV : 10-10-2012 at 06:42 PM.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-10-2012, 10:21 AM   #2576
country flag Castafiore

Quote:
And thank you for caring Hilde! Since May all months here the rainfall has been waaaaaaaaaay above average and if that should continue in winter I might finally freeze to death in some snowdrift.
Life is tough in Estonia, eh.

Reminds me of an episode of Mrs. Brown's Boys when she gets a visit from two Mormons.

"It rains for 40 days and 40 nights. They call it a disaster. In Ireland, we call it fecking summer".

"Three wise men. Wise? They got fecking lost."
Old 10-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #2577
country flag MariaV

Quote:
Life is tough in Estonia, eh.
You have no idea Hilde, you have no idea (how tough it is, I mean).

AJ thinks Stepanek beating Gasquet is good for tennis.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #2578
country flag MariaV

And this has to be posted.

Old 10-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #2579
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Adorable video, Maria
This is detachment -- 
when the old is over and the new has not yet come. 
If you are afraid, the state may be distressing, 
but there is really nothing to be afraid of. 
Remember the instruction: 
Whatever you come across -- go beyond.”
tennizen is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #2580
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
what is PBS?
Public Broadcasting System.

It's supported by money from the government, donations from listeners, and some corporate sponsorships.

Conservatives think PBS is too liberal, i.e. not Fox News, and should have NO government funds. This also goes for NPR, National Public Radio. The stations actually raise a lot of their budget from fund raising drives and that comes from relatively small donations from listeners. For example, I normally give about $100 to NPR every year.

The amusing thing to me is that NPR is really quite popular in rural conservative states because there isn't much for-profit broadcasting in remote areas. So, for instance in rural Utah, it's the main source of radio news. It's funny to me that the supposedly liberal bias hasn't seem to have made any impact at all on Utah voters.

EDIT: PBS also broadcasts Downton Abbey -- that's more important than sesame street to me. They have no commercial interruptions which is also quite nice. I listen to NPR more than I watch PBS.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread