Rafachat - vol. 79. Who cares about the AO? SA slam to start very soon! Bamos! - Page 103 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 01:59 PM   #1531
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Worst Olympics ever - onto USO :rocker2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
Yes, exactly. So that TT players can check their H2H against each other

These TT players are serious.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #1532
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

I love how the representative of the HMRC tries to twist the facts and uses the "These bilionaire athletes..." card

Like it's natural to be taxed in UK for incomes that have nothing to do with it
Old 08-14-2012, 02:22 PM   #1533
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
I love how the representative of the HMRC tries to twist the facts and uses the "These bilionaire athletes..." card

Like it's natural to be taxed in UK for incomes that have nothing to do with it
I also liked the part about claiming tax credits in their own countries.

I wonder how this works for musicians. Are their earnings on music sold and produced in another country taxed if they perform in the U.K.?

I guess the idea is that the athletes are advertising the sponsors' products in the UK, so that portion of their sponsors’ payments should be taxed in the U.K.

The problem is that the taxes then can amount to more than what the athlete is being paid in the U.K. so there’s a disincentive to perform there. I don’t’ understand why that point is missed by the tax authorities.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-14-2012, 04:47 PM   #1534
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

There are many things I don't understand, Star.

Nalbandian won the first set 7-6 (0) after Haas was leading 5-2.
And now this lost his own serve after leading already 2-0 in the 2nd. But seems like Tommy is keen to give the break back again.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:48 PM   #1535
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Nalby .... are the new smilies
Old 08-15-2012, 09:07 AM   #1536
country flag MariaV

So we can declare this thread dead?
Btw Melanie (athough she rearely vistis), cute Milos beat Richard Gasquet.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:11 AM   #1537
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
I noticed Metis but forgot to say it
Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Welcome Back, Metis.

Of course we noticed, but knew you were just jaunting around the Olympics with the other royals.
Quote:
If we wrote here everything we noticed we wouldn't have time to actually live our lives

Can't believe how lame these excuses are.

star, FYI I was not jaunting around the Olympics with the other royals. Obviously I was invited but I politely declined. Most boring set of people ever! I was occupied with vastly more exciting things. I am not going to say what those were since you all don't care anyway.

Last edited by Metis : 08-15-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Metis is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-15-2012, 09:13 AM   #1538
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Metis, how are you doing? The heatwave over?
Maria

Yes it's finally over, thank god! It was unbelievably awful; going home in the afternoon felt like stepping into flames.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildegirl05 View Post
sis, wb

we may not have talked about you here, but you and merton have got frequent mentions on ds.
What's ds?

Quote:
Btw I missed Metis too, even wrote about Nalby playing without the smilies not to annoy Star.
I am disappointed in you Maria. I am even starting to question your Nalby () fandom. star hadn't even asked you to remove the (). And did you even get any thanks from her for doing it? No. It was all for nothing.

Quote:
Where is everyone?
Does WG know that The Special One will now be called The Only One?
And Nalby (without smilies) is playing vs Haas tonight. Where are Metis and leng jai?
I missed it.

Nalby

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Oh, forgot to say:

Miley Cyrus has a new hairdo.

Oh dear god what has she done to herself? And I'm not talking about the haircut.

Last edited by Metis : 08-15-2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:17 AM   #1539
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metis View Post
Yes it's finally over, thank god! It was unbelievably awful; going home in the afternoon felt like stepping into flames.
That hot?

Quote:
I am disappointed in you Maria. I am even starting to question your Nalby () fandom. star hadn't even asked you to remove the (). And did you even get any thanks from her for doing it? No. It was all for nothing.

Welcome back, Metis
Old 08-15-2012, 09:18 AM   #1540
country flag Metis

Andreea, Montserrat Caballe is coming to Athens this September ...for a concert.

Quote:

17 September, 21:00 | Music Box Productions

Montserrat Caballe at Odeon of Herodes Atticus

Ticet prices: 40€, 65€, 85€, 105€, 135€
How to book
  • Athens and Epidaurus Festival's main Box Office (Panepistimiou 42 str., inside the Arcade. Monday - Friday: 9:00-17:00, Saturday: 09:00-15:00)
  • Phone booking: 210 3272000
  • Online sales

I'm not paying 40 euros for that

Last edited by Metis : 08-15-2012 at 09:25 AM.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:24 AM   #1541
country flag Metis

Quote:
That hot?

Welcome back, Metis
Thanks Evita

Yes it was that hot. There was one particular week when temperatures were over 40C. But it's mostly the prolonged exposure to high temperatures (37-38C) before that that made it even more unbearable.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #1542
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

And Lady Gaga is coming to Riga... for a concert
Old 08-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #1543
country flag Metis

I think I'd rather give the 40 euros for the 80 year old Caballe than go to lady Gaga's concert.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:32 AM   #1544
country flag MariaV

Metis, I dunno how this over +40 C in Athens feels like, here in this moisture anything over +25 C is tough. Luckily we have +19/20 C now I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wish we'd have it all year round. Yeah keep on dreaming.
LOL they are finally putting electrical heating covers (insulation, whatever they're called) on our water pipes in our house so they won't freeze next winter. We'll see.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:34 AM   #1545
country flag MariaV

Evita, Lady Gaga in Tallinn too. Are you going?
I'm not. And the tickets here are more like 60 euros.