My Brief Sunday Report (both men and womens matches) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-29-2002, 05:22 PM   #1
Nina

Nina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond repute
Smile My Brief Sunday Report (both men and womens matches)

The matches I saw today:

Zvonareva vs Kleinova (Vera won 6-3 6-3)

I wasn't too impressed with either, Vera made a lot of errors, had a pretty low serve percentage, wasn't a very interesting match, hope she'll improve her game later on when she needs it more, today it was enough to win.

Kiefer vs Gavrilov (Kiefer won 6-1 6-2)

Nicolas had a real advantage, he wasn't going for winnners, main idea was just to keep the ball in play, Gavrilov had a HUGE grin on his face after he won a game in the first set , not a very tough match, good practice.

Douchevina/ Voskoboeva vs Koulikovskaya/ Sysoeva (K/S won 8-3, I was a bit confused when instead of 1-0 in the second it was 7-1...)
In the begginging the younger girls- Vera and Galya seemed a bit nerveous, they were making a lot of errors mixed with some good shots, Vera played better . In the second pair Koulikovskaya was the leader, Sysoeva wasn't bad either, they took a 7-1 lead though every game was close, then Vera and Galya found their game but the more experienced girls were better in the end.

Matevzic vs Fokina 7-5 5-7 6-2
These two have a very similar game, only Maja slices from the backhand and Galia rarely does so and Maja goes to the net more often. In the first two sets they had some really long rallies with a bunch of lobs, played some really long close games. I didn't see the last set.

Serna vs Henke (Magui won 6-2 6-3 )
Magui was great to watch, I've seen her on TV before but it's much more interesting live, I esp loved her drop shots, it's absolutely impossible to read them, she was in control of the match, Vanessa did win a good game at 5-2...

there werent that many people at these matches because everyone was at
Rosset vs Zimonjic (Marc won 6-4 6-7 6-2)
I only saw the end of the match but I could tell who was winning from the other courts from the cheers as Marc is VERY popular here, he played pretty well in the end and then gave a bunch of girls autographs...

I also saw Roger Federer practicing with Max Mirniy, Max's father was watching, most of the practice they played this drill- they took turns to serve and then played a rally

Zhenya was practicing with Novak and a lot of people were watching it as it was right after the Rosset match.

Pics to come (hopefully because I'm having some problems uploading them from the camera)
Nina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2002, 05:31 PM   #2
country flag TheBoiledEgg

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

thanx Nina for your report

Marc is indeed popular and one of my favs

Nina in doubles qualifying they play a pro-set to 8 games
Berdych*Tsonga*Nishikori*Chardy

Goodbye Marat 1996-2009
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 05:32 PM   #3
country flag lucyfer

lucyfer has a reputation beyond reputelucyfer has a reputation beyond reputelucyfer has a reputation beyond reputelucyfer has a reputation beyond reputelucyfer has a reputation beyond reputelucyfer has a reputation beyond reputelucyfer has a reputation beyond reputelucyfer has a reputation beyond reputelucyfer has a reputation beyond reputelucyfer has a reputation beyond reputelucyfer has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

[marquee]Philipoussis Ferrer Robredo Calleri Safin Haas Mirnyi Bjorkman Lopez Lapentti Gaudio Ferrero Youzhny[/marquee]
lucyfer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 05:34 PM   #4
Nina

Nina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond repute

yeah I understood now , it's the first time I saw doubles qual., I first thought something was wrong with the umpire
Old 09-29-2002, 05:35 PM   #5
country flag vaiva

vaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Nina!!!!!!

Enjoy the tennis and let us enjoy your reports!

I have a silly question: Why Rosset is so popular there? Anybody knows? Thanks.
vaiva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 05:38 PM   #6
country flag TheBoiledEgg

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

maybe cos he and Marat are both crazy
they play doubles together alot

Marc is also good friends with Zhenya too.
Berdych*Tsonga*Nishikori*Chardy

Goodbye Marat 1996-2009
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 05:42 PM   #7
Nina

because he's been coming here for many many years in a row and always said he liked Moscow,played well here so people know him very well and plus he is funny and interacts with the public...
Old 09-29-2002, 05:44 PM   #8
KarstenBraasch#1

KarstenBraasch#1 has a reputation beyond reputeKarstenBraasch#1 has a reputation beyond reputeKarstenBraasch#1 has a reputation beyond reputeKarstenBraasch#1 has a reputation beyond reputeKarstenBraasch#1 has a reputation beyond reputeKarstenBraasch#1 has a reputation beyond reputeKarstenBraasch#1 has a reputation beyond reputeKarstenBraasch#1 has a reputation beyond reputeKarstenBraasch#1 has a reputation beyond reputeKarstenBraasch#1 has a reputation beyond reputeKarstenBraasch#1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Nina. Did you get a glimpse of Barna vs. Benesova ?
KarstenBraasch#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 05:46 PM   #9
country flag vaiva

vaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond reputevaiva has a reputation beyond repute

I know he is crazy (TBE) and funny (Nina) but thought that will not be enough, LOL.
Thanks Nina!

He & Marat will have a lot to talk about car thefts And Marc turned out to be the luckier one, as always!
vaiva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 05:48 PM   #10
Nina

Quote:
Originally posted by GoDom
Thanks Nina. Did you get a glimpse of Barna vs. Benesova ?
no unfortunately I didn't, sorry
Old 09-29-2002, 05:51 PM   #11
Nina

oh forgot to add, Henke is sooo muscular

Last edited by Nina : 09-29-2002 at 06:12 PM.
Old 09-29-2002, 07:29 PM   #12
nueva_armada

nueva_armada has a reputation beyond reputenueva_armada has a reputation beyond reputenueva_armada has a reputation beyond reputenueva_armada has a reputation beyond reputenueva_armada has a reputation beyond reputenueva_armada has a reputation beyond reputenueva_armada has a reputation beyond reputenueva_armada has a reputation beyond reputenueva_armada has a reputation beyond reputenueva_armada has a reputation beyond reputenueva_armada has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you

Tommy Robredo.::. Alex Corretja.::. Albert Costa.::.Juan Carlos Ferrero.::.
Albert Montañes.::.Juan Ballcels.::. Carlos Moya.::.Alberto Martín.::.
Feliciano López.::.Galo Blanco.::.David Sánchez.::.Albert Portas.::.
Alex Calatrava.::.

Visit my Marta Marrero´s web

www.marta-marrero.cjb.net
nueva_armada is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 08:13 PM   #13
country flag Lindsayfan

Lindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for ur report!
Old 09-30-2002, 09:42 AM   #14
country flag maratski

maratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your report Nina. Hope you had a good time and will have a good time the next days. Looking forward to your other reports and can you some pictures of Marat for us?
Thanks

Member of the unofficial international Mohamed Lahyani fanclub
maratski is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 09:50 AM   #15
Doris Loeffel

Doris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Nina!!
Keep em coming especially your coments about "my" boys

(actually I'm surprised that Marc didn't get a WC maybe he already used to many of them this year. Does anybody know if he made it through qualies?)
Doris Loeffel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote